South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 06:46 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Chatter

Good morning, Beach Beauties. Hey, if we have a guy in here, we will have to start saying Beach Hunks.

I am badly in need of coffee and a wake-up hot shower as I fell asleep on the couch with the Girls and stayed there until 3 when it got pretty cold. Yesterday was a busy day with some emotional stresses so I was pretty exhausted. You'll be pleased to know I did clean my teeth and get undressed before I got into my proper bed.

Gail will be here again this morning and is going to "deep clean" the diningroom. I'll be her assistant and look after washing all the china and glass and maybe polishing the few pieces of silver I've not packed away. I have too much stuff!

Off to the eye doc for a check up this afternoon so it'll be a busy day.

What's happening in your world today?
Old 02-23-2004, 07:23 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning. We're getting a guy?!

Ruth, I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday. Love and prayers and hugs coming your way, sweetie...

Lizzie, we HAVE to lose some weight before then! Come on, girls! No squishy hugs!! Ruth!? Let's see if we can find a hip bone!

Must run... getting ready for my psychi appointment... back later... hugs to all...
Old 02-23-2004, 08:12 AM   #3  

good morning everyone. hope things get better ruth. how's your finger? we had a nice weekend the b-ball tournament is done and we got 2nd place!!! go lindsey. although it was a nice weekend it was as usual to short and i am sitting here in my office feeling tired and really bloated and pms'ey. hope you all have a great day!!!!
Old 02-23-2004, 08:44 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chickies and hunk, again it is Monday morning. How many of us are saying time to start again why is it that we do that to ourselves. Or atleast me. Although I am back on track. I weighed myself again this morning and I am still the same and TOM is around the corner. Sometime next week. I figure it is time to smarten up or I will be back to square one. Ruthie have fun with Gail cleaning you could come and clena my place when your done. He Ellis I am with you lizzie I would like to get some off 6 pounds would put me in the 130's there is a number I have not seen in awhile. Good morning to you too justjodi hope you have a great day. Well I need to decide what I am going to have for supper as my MIL and GMIL are coming for supper. MIL is doing the beach too. So I think it is going to be chilli and spinach salad but I do need a dessert I was thinking about yogurt parfaits. What do you girls think? Well to the rest of you beach babes have a great monday.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:07 AM   #5  
I got Madonna tickets!

Hi Gals,

Yeah, this weekend was a bit of a food rollercoaster, I did okay at every meal but dinner, and Saturday night was just the worse. We went to dinner, there was this thing I was going to order, and the girl I was with was like, "Oh no, you have to get the hamburger, they are the best in the city, blah blah." So of course I did. And it wasn't, which actually made it worse.

Then last night, out to dinner with a different group of friends, and I had the burrito thing in the whole wheat tortilla (which the man assured me was very wheat-y). I know it wasnt the best, but I tried.

It's so hard, when I am all on my own, I can kick this diets arse, but the second I am thrown off my cave living, I cave! It's very frustrating.

ANYWAY, this week it is P1 except for fruit because I like it in the morning and maybe one Atkins wrap because it's different. Otherwise, nothing, no low-carb bread, no brown rice, no nothing. For this week, and we'll see.

Ruth, I am sorry you had such a rough weekend! I hope today proves calmer. Ellis and LittleChick, good morning! Good morning to everyone who pops in after!

And thank you for the Wonder Woman explanation. I couldn't remember her flying, and was puzzled. I do so love Wonder Woman, so it's nice to know there's an answer.

Here's to OP and good times!
Dynagrrl.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:08 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone! I have to say that this is the happiest I've been on a Monday in a long time. I successfully completed week 1 of Phase 1 (without cheating once!) and I've lost 4lbs!!!!! I even went out with friends on Saturday night and didn't have a sip of alcohol but still managed to have a great time. I apologize for jumping into your thread...seems like you all know each other here...but I just had to share my good news. Happy Monday!
Old 02-23-2004, 09:16 AM   #7  

Morning everyone.

Our Sex and the City party got a little out of control, and I'm hung over today. Oy.

But I'm trying to recover here at work. I did see a rediculous number on the scale this morning - 200! It's been forever. I know it's just my "morning weight" and all, but it's a nice number to see.

I hope you all are having a wonderful morning, and that this is the start of a good week. I'm gonna go drink water and take tylenol. Yeesh. I'm also gonna keep repeating I'm too old to drink 4 cosmos...I'm too old to drink 4 ...

Old 02-23-2004, 09:19 AM   #8  

Hi Shelly!

I had one of those nights during Phase I, and it was a great victory. Congrats and welcome! I'm sure everyone else will tell you, feel free to jump in anytime.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:22 AM   #9  
Reeling Reverend

Great job, Shelly!! Morning all!

WELL!! My weekend was ever so bad... food wise anyway. The rest of it was marvelous. I'm not really beating myself up over it. TOM showed up last night while I was in the fetal position from cramps while my dog was trying, once again, to be a lap dog, so it offered some explanation. We went to my brother's birthday get together at his house in West Virginia... what else was I supposed to do in WV?? His wife, her mom, my mom, Jorge, and I are all on some low carb thing. None of us were yesterday, that's for sure!! I wouldn't trade the memories for the pounds... Back on today, and for the rest of the week. Hopefully, Jorge and I can make it through this weekend for once!!

I got to meet my rock goddess this weekend! www.bethhart.com She's the BEST! She's what Janis Joplin MEANT to sound like. I ADORE her and she was opening for Ziggy Marley and Spearhead, so we went downtown to see her. WELL!! Jorge came over to where I was standing (and incendentally, smoking, but only for that night!) and said that she was "over there" I thought he meant the VIP section at the top of the club... Oh, no. Standing right there. I got a big hug and a kiss and she just chatted my ear off. It was GREAT!! She was SO down to earth and I just wanted to invite her over for tea... So with that, and TOM, I don't mind the eating, darn it!

Strangely... I had a big craving for popcorn...

Time to start working and stop slacking. Hope everyone is GREAT!! Hope we're all OP today!!
Old 02-23-2004, 09:50 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

SlimShelly, good going on Phase I! Welcome to the Beach. Please feel free to jump in on any and all threads. We are all pals here. The only rule is no sand throwing - and they know who they are!
Old 02-23-2004, 09:56 AM   #11  

Default Ohhhh I was bad!

Good Morning Girls!
Good to know that I was not alone in my weekend "badness".
DBF & I went to Vermont for a lovely romantic getaway (it snowed beautiful fluffy snowflakes the whole time we were there!)...Now you all know I have been awfully good...well not this weekend! I didn't even weigh in this am...I can't look!
We found this little French restaurant tucked in at the base of the mountain, where we proceeded to go for 3 separate meals! How do you say "OINK" in French????
They had the most fabulous rustic bread (altho it was whole wheat)..I HAD to have it! So I had a sandwich with grilled veggies & cheese on it....delish!That was one bad meal...
I also had escargot with puff pastry that evening
And Creme Brulee for dessert..bad mael #2.
Sat. night... 2 slices of pizza....(OY!)
Sunday breakfast...scrambled eggs & salmon wrapped in phyllo AND a bran muffin.
Just shoot me know and put me out of my misery....
I am fully committed to getting back OP today & have started the day right.
I guess I am going back to Phase 1 for a bit...I wouldn't be at all surprised if I had some carb cravings around about noon today! I did have a WONDERFUL time, sao I'm trying not to beat myself up..after all, this is REAL LIFE right? And sometimes ya gotta live BIG! Just dont' mention that to my big backside!!!!)
Have a great day everyone.
Jan
Old 02-23-2004, 10:02 AM   #12  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome SlimShelly.... I have the urge to sing " will the real SlimShelly please stand please stand up" small things amuse small minds just had to pop in and say that.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:07 AM   #13  
Reeling Reverend

January-

I believe it's "le oink". teehee. Me, too!!
Old 02-23-2004, 11:11 AM   #14  

Too funny Little Chick...that's exactly why I picked the screen name. The song was on the radio when I was registering! I'm sort of making it my theme song so to speak. Someday soon, the real slim Shelly will stand up.

Thanks for all of your support and welcomes. I will definitely be a permanent fixture to the message boards.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:33 AM   #15  

welcome slimshelly!!
Closed Thread