Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 07:16 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Weekly Chat: 2/22

Good Morning All!!

I'm enjoying the quiet time at this hour with DH & DS sleeping. They were both up at 6, but now they're back asleep! I decided to get some computer time in with my coffee, toast and banana.

When I went shopping last night, the Pathmark had WW rye bread and it was 2/3.00. I never had it before, but it didn't look/feel too bad, so I bought it (heck, at that price, I figured I might as well!) It's not too bad, 1 pt. for 2 slices.

I have to say that since the new one started and I've been soo busy at work, I'm eating less...or rather, munching less. I should go step on the scale before I eat my other piece of toast! Hmm...what do you know, I'm down 1.5 lbs.!! Cool!! Now, if I can keep this up, I might be on to something! DH & I were gonna start the BFL program, but we can't seem to get going. Actually, the problem is, we're waiting for that refund check from taxes, so we can actually go out and stock the house with the right food.

Anyway, we're going to my mom's for pot roast dinner today. YUM!! Have a great day all!
Old 02-22-2004, 09:20 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning,

Well, I had this nice long post and I lost it . I had to step away for a second and the darn mouse fell and must have closed the window. I hate when that happens. We had a awful night so if my post is goofy, it's because I'm slap happy. Alex had about 4 or 5 of those waking up in total nuclear meltdown episodes last night. We were both crying at one point. Ugh. I hope he outgrows this soon.

We got good news from our taxes, we are getting a good chunk back. Yeah!! The downside to that is that they didn't change DH's status on his W4 so we've been paying in way too much. He's going to have to take care of that on Monday. We are even getting money back from the state and we have NEVER gotten back from them before. We've always had to pay.

Lauren: Yeah on the loss!! Totally awesome. I gotta get my durn lazy butt in gear. I'm turning into a slug. Sounds like a good lunch. Can I come too? J/K. Enjoy.

Hello to everyone!! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:06 PM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning all!!!! Yeah on the loss Lauren!!!! Karen--Kaylee had that nuclear meltdown this morning at 3am..OMG--screamed like she would die if that bottle wasnt heated quicker..Cant complain--she goes to bed for 8pm and woke up at 3 and then slept until 8 again..I think the sinus med makes her dried out and she panicks when she wakes up really thirsty..That is my opinion anyway..
I am gonna get my butt in gear this week!! Starting today...No more King Cake no matter how ooey gooey wonderful and must excercise!!!
I am going to do the breast cancer run in March..Which reminds me of my mamogram but I have to be 6 months from breast feeding before they will do it..I have my T.L. surgery in April soo I want to be more at goal weight by then...I know what it looks like in surgery when the sleeping person is heavy and it takes many to pull them over...
Well..off to the zoo! IT is too beautiful of a day to mess up since it is suppose to be raining tomorrow!!!
RR
Old 02-23-2004, 04:26 PM   #4  

hello. Not much new here!

Lauren - congrats on your loss!

Karen - woohoo on the tax refund!

RR - enjoy the zoo.

Rabbit
*4.3 down, 20.7 to go
Old 02-24-2004, 12:42 PM   #5  

Hi all! Great news - my sister is pregnant! I am so excited for her. A new baby in the family is so fun. She is probably your age, Lauren. She is 35 (is that right?). She has a 7 year old daughter. I will be an aunt again and can't wait to buy some baby stuff!

Rabbit
*4.3 down, 20.7 to go
Old 02-24-2004, 02:11 PM   #6  
LBH

Rabbit!!!! That's awesome!! Yup, I'm 35...headed for 36 in July! When is she due?

Karen, Yeah on the refund! We're still waiting for ours...wish it would get in there already!! Hope Alex is getting teeth...or some other reason for the meltdowns!

RR, is she waking up because of the sinus', or does she always wake up like that?

Peter's been pretty good lately sleeping...except for a few occasions. His teeth are really bothering him though.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:48 PM   #7  

Hi guys,

Not much going on here today. We were supposed to have playgroup here today but everyone bailed. Always seems to happen when it supposed to be at my house. Hmm. Wonder if they are trying to tell me something. Skip that. That was my paranoid side talking.

Rabbit: Yeah for your sister!! Look, if she has a girl can I buy her a frilly dress? For the past twenty years everyone I know has had a boy. I CANNOT buy a boy a frilly dress. I've wanted to buy one for so long. Maybe I should just send Kaylee one so I can get over this already. I hope she is happy.

Lauren: Has it been snowing up there today? It's been snowing all day here but it's only started sticking the past 1/2 hour or so. It's not even that cold. I don't see any signs of Alex getting new teeth. No drooling. No more chewing than usual. Oh well, it can't go on forever, right? We are efiling so we should have our refund in about 10 days. I forgot to take Alex's ss number. Can you imagine? I never even thought about it. I had to drop it off yesterday. So, by the end of next week...hopefully. When we get the refund I am going to get Alex a Britax Wizard. DH likes it better because of the infinite adjustment on the straps. I'm also going to get him another pair of Robeez!

OK, gotta go. We are having a definitely UNhealthy dinner tonight. Mini tacos, fresh roasted garlic and fresh guacamole. Hope everyone had a great night.

Last edited by KarenK; 02-24-2004 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:55 PM   #8  

Ok Lauren--saw this in my catalog today and had to giggle!!!http://www.leapsandboundscatalog.com...=43&change=118
Old 02-25-2004, 01:34 PM   #9  

Hello..............

It really sucks not having a computer at home these days. I miss you all! I should have my new tower next week, so hopefully I can post more often. I can't check in at work as much because our boss is cracking down on things, so I am trying to lay low if you know what I mean. It's amazing how one person can ruin it for the rest of everyone. Okay enough said.

Sounds like you all are doing okay, haven't been able to read all the posts.

Just wanted you all to know I am here and can't wait to get things set up at home

Our neighbor had her baby yesterday, c-section, 10 1/2 lbs, he is such a little butterball.

Talk to you all later
Old 02-25-2004, 02:47 PM   #10  

hi all. My one hour tennis yesterday turned into 2 1/2 hours of tennis! My back was a little sore last night. Thank goodness for heating pads.

Lauren - she is due August 25th. She will be 36 in October.

Karen - sure you can buy a frilly dress! And they are all thrilled.

Jackie - wow, that is a big baby!

Rabbit
*4.3 down, 20.7 to go
Old 02-25-2004, 08:12 PM   #11  
LBH

Grrr, here I am telling Peter not to touch the mouse so I don't lose my post, and as I grabbed it away from him, I hit the button and closed the window!!

In short... Peter has double ear infections and is on Augmentin again. Poor little guy is miserable.

Hi to everyone! When I get some more patience, I'll respond!!
Old 02-26-2004, 03:32 PM   #12  

hi all! I lost 2.6 today at weigh in! I'm thrilled.

Lauren - sorry that Peter is so sick.

gotta run!

Rabbit
*6.9 down, 18.1 to go!
Old 02-27-2004, 10:23 PM   #13  

Hi guys,

We are trying to get Alex to sleep in his crib again. We are Ferberizing even though i really HATE letting him cry. It's breaking my heart. He's already been crying for about 45 minutes. I did 30 min with him and now DH is in there. How do you handle the crying? I'm almost in tears myself.

Rabbit: Yeah!! What an awesome loss. Keep up the good work.

Lauren: Did you find that patience? If so, please tell me where. I need some. A lot if the sounds from his bedroom are anything to go by.

Hi Jack. Hi RR. Hello to all the others. Hope everyone is having a super Friday night.
Old 02-28-2004, 08:44 AM   #14  

Good Morning all!!! COngrats Rabbit!!! That kind of soreness is good pain!!!

Karen--Hope thing have gotten better!!! I am glad Kaylee is feeling better and we are finished up with Omnicef so she is back at 12 hrs of sleep..She and DH are still sleeping now..I am gonna see how long those lazy bones go since I had to get up with #2 at 6am!!!!

Lauren--Hope PEtey is better...I am considering buying that ear thingee..Did U check out the website????
Jackie and everyone else...GOOD MORNING!!! Got to run make grits for the hungry family!!
RR
Old 02-28-2004, 10:11 AM   #15  
LBH

Hey All,

RR- Yes, I did check it out and I am considering it. We have to go see the NP for a recheck in 2 wks., so I think I will ask her what she thinks then. Glad Kaylee's better!

Karen- Yeah, I've got some patience back! I know it is soo hard letting him cry, and I praise you for letting him go that long. Eventually he'll start sleeping in his crib. I guess it's like they say about habits in general, after 28 days or so, it's a habit? I have not read Ferber's book, are you supposed to just let him cry constantly, or go in and reassure occasionally? I guess I kind of did a modified version. It didn't always work. I think Peter just is doing what he wants, in his own darn time! He's used to his 8-8:30 bedtime. He knows he gets dinner, bath, short play time, then bed. Lately it's been closer to 8, sometimes a little before, I guess because he takes one nap a day, from around 12:30-2:30/45. I told daycare not to let him sleep after 3:00...he doesn't usually anyway. It's all about routine.

Rabbit- AWESOME LOSS!!!!

Hi to everyone else!!
Closed Thread