Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 08:03 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekend Feb 21, 22 Chickie Chat

Good Morning,

Just poppin in to say hello real quick, I'm getting ready to take the little one and her cousins out for pizza and a stroll thru the mall. I know its only 8 am but I have a ton of cleaning to do b/4 I hit the streets. If I don't do it now, there's no way I'll do any of it when I get back later, I'll be pooped. LindaT this IS my exercise for the day

Gotta remember to pick up some bacon for that broccoli salad....

Talk to you later.

Hugs !!
Old 02-21-2004, 09:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Leenie and the rest of our gang!

Leenie - I know just what ya mean about not cleaning when you get back. If I go anywhere on Saturdays, when I get back I don't feel like doing a thing around here. Have a good time with the kiddies!

I am cleaning house alllllllllllllll day today bec I have not cleaned in 3 weeks! That must be a world record for me, but I've been too busy to get to it, and trying to not be such a clean/neat freak, so now I have 3 weeks of dirt and grime to try to get up. It is actually quite overwhelming. But I will feel better by the end of the day.

Joanne - I'm glad you finally saw your counselor. I know you'll be feeling better in time. Please keep us posted and let us know how you are doing. What are you doing this weekend?

I better get back to cleaning. I'll probably be in and out bec cleaning is soooooooooo boring!

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-21-2004, 11:51 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone

I am just dropping in to say hello.....in a few minutes....am going to sit at the light box. Last night I decided to change my eating plan to the Zone.....have any of you done the Zone?.....they have it at ediets.....so today is the 1st day.I was losing so slow with the plan that has 50 to 60% carbohydrates....16 lbs. in 20 weeks. The zone is lower in carbohydrates......I think it is 40....30...30.

See you later.

April
Old 02-21-2004, 01:07 PM   #4  

Good Morning April!

I don't know anything about the Zone, but I would think that anything that lowers your carbs would help you feel less hungry and lose weight faster. But I do have to say that 16 lbs in 20 weeks sounds awesome to me girlie! that is great! You must feel really good with 16 lbs gone!

BTW, did anybody watch the one hour Dateline show on Atkins last night? it was interesting enough, nothing new really, except they did seem to mention that 6 month mark that I've been asking about this week, saying that Atkinites seem to lose better the first 6 months compared to other diets, but at about the 6 month mark it seems to kind of even out with other diets??? just wondering if anybody watched it.

whelp - back to cleaning *sigh*

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-21-2004, 02:18 PM   #5  

Hi Cathy

Actually....I have lost 19 lbs. altogether....3 lbs. from when I was at ediets in August & the 16 lbs. in the last 20 weeks. I tried to do the Atkins eating plan last night.....they ask you questions about your health history....one of them is if you have had urinary problems or kidney stones....I have had kidney stones 15 years ago....there were some other questions.....they said I shouldn't do the Atkins diet....probably because of the kidney stones.

I did see some of Dateline last night....it was the one from the east....we have a satellite dish. It wasn't about Atkins.....it was about Jesus.....about the time leading up to the crucifixion.....speaking of that....the movie starts here Feb. 25....DH & I are going to go see it.

I am still coughing today....but not as much. Last night I went to bed in our bed....as soon as I layed down.....I started having a coughing spell that wouldn't stop...I went down to the basement with my pillow.....had 3 pillows the long way & layed on the couch there almost sitting....slept there all night.
Not only do I have asthma....but the last 4 winters...when I get a virus.....I get this thing like croup....where it almost sounds like a whistle....when it is like that....I have to sleep almost sitting up....otherwise my breathing is so noisy.

April
Old 02-21-2004, 05:51 PM   #6  
CIN

Hello Gals
I cancelled the trip to Ohio due to cruddy cough...................I am okay but couldnt picture myself hacking all over my huggy family!I* have stayed in all day and finally filed some paperwork that has been sitting around since we moved in December!

April.hope you get over that soon!

Cathy............you go girl! Come clean mine too! Since I moved the smaller living area is sooo much easier to keep tidy! I love it!

Want to hear some cool news? Yesterday was my dearest friends Birthday.I called and she was sobbing because she had left her dog in a kennel overnight and was going to have him groomed.they call ed yesterday and had a fire and Max died in the fire. It was on the local news........7 dogs died.BUT today the called and had mistaken her dog for another and Max is at the Vets with smoke inhalation! Max is alive and they were calling him Audrey until the vet noticed it was a HE dog........after checking the rabbies tags.identified him as her dog! The grieved all night only to get wonderful news that he is alive! Unfortunately that meant someone who thought their dog was ok is not. So sad. Max has to stay in the animal hospital but will come home soon! That is so awesome!

Later
Cin
Old 02-22-2004, 10:40 AM   #7  

Well, here I sit on a Sunday morning, in my flannel nightgown and my insulated jacket. R has gone to church since he has to make an anouncement. I was sick all night, it seems. Had a headache and upset tummy! R brought me some 7up type drink at about 3:30 and that helped me sleep. Am feeling better but am afraid to eat anything. I should take my meds, but can't on an empty stomach!
We're going to the city to shop today at some point. I hear that we have lousy weather coming in.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:03 PM   #8  

Cathy I did see dateline. Like you said, pretty much heard it all before. Tried Atkins a couple yrs ago. Lost initially , then loss stopped and felt lousy. Like the fat was coming out of my pores. I follow Sug Busters, which is low carb and I feel alot better and my doc is ok with it. ( he was totally against atkins high fat, plus I'm diabetic)
I wish I could get myself in gear and clean. I did a much better job when the kids were small. Now the "boys" are 21,22 & 26. 4 guys in the house when you count dh. Its like living in a frat house without the parties. Well, Happy Cleaning......

April, dateline was 2 hrs, 1st half was about Atkins. Good luck with "The Zone" I never tried it but I've heard it's very sensible....probably why I never tried...LOL

Tippy, Hope you feel better soon. Maybe some toast or crackers, just so you can take your meds?

Cin, What a great birthday gift for your friend, to not lose her dog. They become a member of your family. I miss mine so much. Thanks for the happy ending.
P.S> hope you feel better too.

Well, dh is out for part of the day, and I sit here instead of cleaning. I like to put myself in a time restraint, then I seem to get more done. So I sit here at the pc to much. It's new for me and the novelty of it hasn't worn off yet.

So everyone.. feel better..I am 4lbs away from my 1st 10lb goal(I have several 10lb goals to go) But we can only do it one day at a time.....Enjoy the rest of the wkend.
Take care, DonnaDonna
Old 02-22-2004, 01:59 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

Hey gang!! I was doing my handweights today and watching an infomercial about Windsor Pilates. I am thinking about starting them because so many people rave about them. I need to fin an inner thigh exercise because they are ticking me off.My calves look great so do my arms but I want the flab in my thighs to be gone and toned.Any suggestions?

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 02-22-2004, 02:19 PM   #10  

Good morning everyone

I am starting to feel better now.....still coughing some....but it is more congested now. Yesterday I did good with the Zone....It is lower in carbohydrates.

Cin & Tippy....hope you both are feeling better now.

Donna....I am doing ediets....I tried to change my eating plan to Atkins....a questionnaire came up about medical history....I have had a kidney stone in the past....so they said I shouldn't do Atkins.

April
Old 02-22-2004, 03:55 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon Chickadees!

We have been to Sunday School and Church, and then went to dh's mom's house for her 74th birthday. They had a house full.

Wow Cin and Tippy - I sure hope ya'll are feeling better.

Cin - what an awesome story. glad things worked out for your friend and her dog.

Donna - wow you have a house full of guys too! Mine are 44 (dh), 19 and 15, plus all their friends so this house is always full of guys except when I put the word out that I'll be cleaning on Saturday and need a few hours without guys coming in and out. Yea that's really a joke - mine still come in and out, but usually I don't have too many others! I like Sugarbusters too, but I just haven't been able to lose any weight no matter what I do, so figured I would take desperate measures and give Atkins a real, lengthy try and see what happens.

Lynnie - I thought that squats and leg lifts were good for the thighs? have you tried those? be patient, it all takes time and you are doing great!

April - glad you're feeling better! hmmmmm wonder what causes kidney stones or how atkins aggravates it?

Hope everybody has a good day

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-22-2004, 04:07 PM   #12  

Hey gang!

I noticed that some of the other groups have a thread called "Word Association" where they start with a word, and then the next person puts the first word that pops into their head, and so on. I thought that would be fun to do, so I started a thread here called "Word Association". Ya'll wanna play?
Old 02-22-2004, 04:19 PM   #13  

Hi Cathy

I think.....about the kidney stones & Atkins....on Atkins you can go into ketosis.....that can affect the kidneys......if you have any kind of kidney disease....they won't let you go on Atkins.
Kidney stones usually run in families....I have a sister who also has had them.

April
Closed Thread