Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 02:38 AM   #1  
Searching

Angry TGIF Friday Feb 20

Morning Ladies !

I screwed up my meds so for the last 24 hours my disease has been screaming and I think it is time to excercise, bathe, and get off the computer. You have no idea how my disease can feed itself with this gosh darn machine. Only through my faith do I remain abstinent, on the other ending I am struggling with wanting to eat at all. Our disease comes in many forms ladies so we must pay attention. LOVE YOURSELVES EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US DESERVES TO BE LOVED!

Also if you all wouldn't mind take a moment today and pray with me for those who suffer under the wide umbrellas of eating disorders and thier families who struggle to understand.

Kat- I loved the scale cartoon. Its funny and yet sad and true all at the same time. How is DH feeling today?

Angi- I hope the baby blues are getting better,I know you have an with you every step of the way.

Ellis- Just the idea of tennants can breed problems, but I would prefer a single person (they are easier to kick out ) Now 20 push-up for both of us before we log on (I am thinking of the fabulous Meg here )

Christy- Days of relaxation? Mostly days of sloth, not that sloth is necessarily bad, and my husband keeps telling me I need to relax. I just don't feel like Chris unless I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off The small child. Your trying to get a cuddle in with the DH and "knock-knock" "Mom, YOU HAVFTA HELP ME WITH MY MATH" I look at it. He just doesn't want to think

Speaking of homework where is Miss Jenelle and Miss Sarah?

Check in everybody and let us know what your going to do this weekend!

Love to all,
Miss Chris
Old 02-20-2004, 06:04 AM   #2  

Mornin'...

Chris -- I'm so sorry that you're struggling! Those darn meds...I'm sending prayers your way for a better day today, hon.

I can so relate about needing to be busy, busy, busy in order to feel like myself! I have to consciously tell myself to relax...it's okay to read a book or take a catnap. Otherwise I drive myself crazy with the "shoulds", as you call them. I have weaned myself away from a lengthy, daily to do list and just kind of play it by ear most days, but it's hard for me! Even when I'm hanging out and playing with my girls, I'll have to keep telling myself that it's okay...the housework and school work can wait for awhile. Sheesh...

Kat -- Loved the cartoon! Are you and your family doing okay?

I'm glad it's Friday! Work today and my youngest daughter and I are going to a crop (scrapbook "party") tonight. She's very excited. Tomorrow is oldest girl's last two basketball games for the season. She's enjoyed playing, but I'd be lying if I didn't say it will be nice to have Saturdays free again!

You'll be in my thoughts, Miss Chris! Hang in there, sweetie!

Ellis -- Good luck with the tenants! Just don't rent out to a single, middle aged, swinger man. Ugh...the memories I have of our first apartment still haunt me!

Later ladies,
Christy
Old 02-20-2004, 09:21 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

... exercise, bath, and get off the computer... Good advice for me, too, Chris! I hope you get back on track with your meds, sweetie. Don't get stressed.
Doesn't Meg look FANTASTIC!?!? I so envy her her abs. And her arms and shoulders. woof!! That's going to be us, too. Okay!?

Kat, I felt the same way as Chris re: the cartoon. Funny, yet sad. What an existance we lead!
How is your DH this morning?
"There is no bad weather, just inappropriate clothing."

Angi, I hope you have a reasonably relaxing day with your lovely little bundle.

Christy... a scrapbook party!? What a hoot! I've got a TON of stuff saved up for a scrapbook, but I can't seem to start it. I want it to be perfect, so I keep holding off.

Sarah and Jennelle, are you there and well? Hugs for both of you.

We have a tenant! The single lady. She's SO nice. I hope it all works out well. It'll certainly be nice to have a little extra money. I was SO concerned about the pregnant couple re: the stairs, and I voiced my concerns to them. I don't think they'd even thought about it.
Kat, the apartment is "in the middle of us". We have a big, three story house. We live on the first and third floors. We have a separate hallway/stair hall at the back of the house where we access the third floor. (plus a room on the second floor behind the apartment) The apartment is completely separate from our living quarters, so there's no overlap. We put in sound insulation between the second and third floors because our bedrooms are in the attic. Later on we'll sound insulate between the first and second floors as well.

Tomorrow a girlfriend is taking me out for a birthday breakfast, and Sunday another friend is coming over to help me with a job I have to finish in the apartment. And then I'll probably take him out to dinner as a "thank you". There's nothing like a gay male friend for a healthy, stress-free relationship.

I don't want to jinx myself, but I THINK these meds are giving me my energy back!

Have a wonderful day, dear girls!!
Old 02-20-2004, 04:27 PM   #4  
Searching

Default Well I was kinda productive

My house is mostly clean and my DH and I got another workout in And then the dam finally broke, all this cramping and not feeling good hasn't been in my head My dream though Binge dreams, where your eating and eating and eating. OMG I must of swallowed a bunch of air

Christy-Thanks for the positive thoughts! I need them. I found my son's grade reports this morning. Little So I sent all the teachers notes again and this time I added my e-mail adress. Have fun with your daughter, appreciate time

Ellis- Sounds like a fun weekend. I just want to see the "Butterfly Effect". Looks cool to me, of course I believe time in the 4th dimension, only moves forward along God's path. I hope your meds are giving you energy, enough to spare Oh and congrats on finding a tenant

Okay where is everyone
Miss Chris
Old 02-20-2004, 05:25 PM   #5  

Me again!

Ellis -- Glad you found a renter! And yippee for good meds, girlfriend! It sounds like you have a fun weekend planned...makes me think that I should recruit a gay male friend to add some stress-free fun to my day to day routine.

I think you should just dive into the scrapbooking thing. For years I thought it was the most ridiculous hobby and was never going to get into anything of the sort. Then I did and now I'm seriously hooked! I don't know what I like better though...the actual scrapbooking or the shopping for it.

Chris -- Productive is good! Glad you're feeling better and that the dam burst. Sometimes it takes one of those "workouts" to finally bring it on, doesn't it?

Please don't kill the boy! Have you confronted him yet? What is his defense? Do you think his impending teendom may be playing a role in his school apathy? C'mon dish up what you can! I have a daughter approaching that age myself!

So glad it's Friday! It's been a long week with a couple of uncooperative parents of kids in my class. Trying to take my advice to Jennelle and not bring it home with me this weekend!

Well, it's almost time for the li'l one and me to head out for our evening. Y'all have a good one and I'll try to check in again later.

Love ya,
Christy
Old 02-20-2004, 05:25 PM   #6  

Hi everyone!

Ellis, congrats on your tenant! And have fun at your birthday breakfast!

Christy: you don't have to explain the word "crop" to ME! I love to scrapbook! I'm going to an adoptive moms' scrapbook retreat in April. (I have recently gotten back in touch with my genius friend from High School. She is an executive in an agricultural biotech company called "Crop Solutions." I told my husband about her company and he thought, from the name of it that it was a Scrapbook store! I've really trained him!)

Miss Chris: Oh man, I have not thought far enough in the future to imagine getting Elijah's report cards! Hugs to you, mommy! Good thinking to give the teachers lots of ways to contact you.

Kat - how is dh doing today?

Hugs to everyone else!

I am having a relaxing day of work - Mom and Dad came over to watch Elijah while I work. Since our car is still in the shop, they volunteered. They are very sweet! And, they don't go anywhere without eachother. Yesterday mom told me on the phone, "Have to go, we're going to the dentist." Amazing. Married since they were 18. In June we'll celebrate their 50th anniversary!

Elijah slept all night long! Didn't even wake up until 8:30. At 7 this morning, Dan and I woke up and just looked at the clock and then eachother, like, "Wow. So THAT'S what a good night's sleep feels like!" It was glorious!

We've got some big decisions to make over the next couple of weeks. . .More on that later. . .
Old 02-20-2004, 07:33 PM   #7  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Friday is my favorite day

I'm here. I'm alive. I took a nice nap when I got home from school. Now I'm refreshed.

More later

Jennelle
Old 02-20-2004, 09:04 PM   #8  

Default Hola

Hi all,

I posted this morning but it didn't go through.

DH's back is feeling better but he's still in pain. But definitely better...

Tomorrow we're hanging out with friends for most of the day. First I am getting my nails done, though.

I'm zonked tonight. Going to hang out online for a bit and then read my book.

Have a good night!
Closed Thread