Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 09:36 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday Chat - February 16th

Good Morning,

Well here we go again. Are you all ready for another week

Nothing much going on since yesterday. My boss is here and crabby @)&%#& !!!! WOMEN Thank Goodness I am free tomorrow lol.

Waiting for Cathy to post the weekly food log so I can log in my one sausage link oy oy oy lolol. I just read your last post from yesterday, no you don't necessarily have to feel bad on atkins. I'm telling you, I feel so much better on it then I've felt in YEARS!, physically and mentally. When I go off for a day or two.... ICK! I feel bloated and just really rotten. I'm glad your doing good. Good luck with your weigh in this morning

Old 02-16-2004, 09:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

It's already crazy busy around here, and I'm not in the mood for it! I think I'm a little too busy for my own good today.

Leenie - why are you free tomorrow? is it a holiday?

I weighed this morning and the scale was down 2 lbs! wooohooo that's good for me!

When I got into the office this morning, I immediately made some sf jello and mixed up some coleslaw, so I can have those later today.

I've got to go the nursing home at noon, and then youngest ds goes to the dentist late this afternoon. doubt I will be able to work in some exercise today.

The sun is shining and it is beautiful here today!!!! Hallelujah!!!!!

What's everybody doing today?

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-16-2004, 10:30 AM   #3  

I was wondering what was going on outsied yesterday Cathy. I asked Joe what that was up there. hehe. I feel like I havn't seen the sun or blue skies in years. I love it!!

I had a busy weekend and I am ready to slow down a little. I love having things to do but I also love being able to sit around and do nothing. I have been on ebay bidding on some things that I will need to start up once I am out of school. I got my treatment table and a sterlizer already. It is so exciting. It is the first step in me being in my own business.

Cathy that is great about the 2 lbs. I am sure many more will follow.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:25 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Alright Kem !! you must be so excited whoohoo.

CATHY YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. YEAH!!!!!!! WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! Losing weight and feeling good too, what more can you ask for
Old 02-16-2004, 11:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Wellllllllll let's see I could ask for a million dollars and a 20 lb loss the first week, but I know better then to ask for such craziness!

nah really, like you said - I feel good, it wasn't a bad week, and I lost 2 lbs! that is awesome for me!

My mom just called to tell me I don't have to go to the nursing home at noon today! somebody else is taking a turn. so now I can go walk at noon! thank you, thank you, thank you!

Kemp - that great big shiney thing up in the sky is called the "sun". I know it's been awhile since we've seen one of those, but that's what I'm told it is! hehehehe and wow! how exciting is this - your own business! it will be great Kemp! just hang on girlie - the light at the end of the tunnel is headed your way - and IT IS NOT the headlight of a train! it's a new chapter in your life!

Soooooo like, where is the rest of our little chickadees today?

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-16-2004, 12:29 PM   #6  
Divine Gal

Default Good afternoon Ladies

Hiya ladies. I won't be WI tonight because I don't wanna go to my meeting because I don't feel as though I lost anything.Its so cold here but the sun is shining.The rest of the week we are supposed to have great weather.I really hope so. I have exercised already today.I did 35 mins of WATP (2 miles brisk walking), 15 mins of handweights, 5 mins of my exercise bike but I am thinking of getting back on it for 10 mins more.I didn't exercise for 3 days straight and boy could my body tell.
Yesterday I slept most of the day away and I don't know why? I was so tired.For Valentines Day we went out to eat at HomeTown Buffet because I can eat more veggies there.But my BIL went with us and boy was he an arse.He didn't eat anything because he said the people were rude and the food was lousy.But I thought the food was just fine.He was in one of his moods.He spoiled the whole eating thing.

Well I hope everyone is doing well. Cathy congrats on the 2 lbs loss.

Hi Leenie and Kempy!!!

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 02-16-2004, 01:16 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

Well I did that 10 mins more. I am reday for a shower and a nap...
Old 02-16-2004, 02:03 PM   #8  

Good morning everyone.....I just got back from the doctor's.....will check in later with the results of the xray. Right now....I am going to have the rest of my breakfast & the 2nd cup of coffee.

See you later.

April
Old 02-16-2004, 03:17 PM   #9  

Hi again.....I went to the Dr. this A.M. She said.....I have a little osteoarthritis....walking is good for osteoarhritis...& I will be on the Celebrex longer than a month....she also talked about weight loss & antidepressants....the weight loss has slowed to only 3 lbs. since Jan. 1.....but I am feeling better now....so I would rather feel better....even if the weight loss is slow.

Both DH & I still have this virus....the throat is better....coughing more now....headachy & stuffed up.

Leenie.....I think you are doing FitDay?....I went back to it yesterday....just to see how many calories I am eating....I was surprised yesterday....when I entered everything yesterday....I only had 44% carbohydrates. My eating plan is 1200 to 1300 calories....I ate what it said in the eating plan....but the calorie intake was 1560 calories.

Cathy.....that's great....down 2 lbs.!!!!!!!!!

April
Old 02-16-2004, 08:26 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi April, Gee sorry to hear about the osteoarthritis, bu I' glad they can help you out and definitly weight plays a big part in it. I have arthritis in the spine and joints and duh you would think I would be thin just because of that.... I'm a glutton for punishment I guess lol.

Yes I do fitday, I'd be lost with out it. If your interested in losing quicker, have you thought of cutting your carbs down ? it might help ? I have to stay below 1500 or I lose nothing, 14 - 1500 is slow 12 - 1300 is a little better... sucks but its okay, I'm with you, slow is okay, as long as I'm losing and not driving myself mad about it.

Its amazing when you log it in, just how much you relize how you really eat... a bite here and there surely adds up fast

Today I did good, a little over 1300
Closed Thread