Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 11:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Unhappy The dreaded 'P' word...plateau

Does anybody have any advice or things I can do to change my diet that will make it work because I'm dying over here to lose these last 60 pounds. Here is a copy of my daily diet. In 5 months, I lost 77 pounds.

Breakfast: 1 orange

Mid-morning snack: 1 small cup of unsweetened applesauce

Lunch: 6 cooked shrimp w/ 2 tbsp. cocktail sauce

Mid-afternoon snack: 2 celery sticks with 1 tbsp. peanut butter on each stick

Dinner: "Sweet & Spicy Chicken"---> 4 oz. cooked chicken, 1/2 cup broccoli, 1/4 cup chopped celery, 1/8 cup apricot preserves, 1/4 cup chunky salsa

Post-workout meal: 3 slices lean turkey, 1 whole tomato, 1 oz cheese, 1 boiled egg (the white only), 2 leaves of Romaine lettuce

I had a stationary bike that I trained myself last summer up to ride 30K every day. The magnets in it came loose and I've not been able to get it fixed, so we got this CardioFit machine from this girl that works at the airport with my dad. I usually do it for 30 minutes-1 hour every day(Saturdays off due to the wrestling show), followed by my old 20 minute freeweight workout. It just frustrates me because I keep spending the money for the food which really isn't that much, but it sucks when you push harder and the scale won't budge.
Old 02-15-2004, 12:19 PM   #2  
comeback member

Hi Lesnar,

I wanted to congratulate you for your weight loss! I am loking at your stats and I think you are an amazing model for all of us! Good job!

I know that i will be reaching a plateau sooner or later because I am getting closer and closer to my goal weight. And i know it is frustrating when you are pushing yourself hard and the scale won't go down.

What I would suggest is to shake up your routine a bit like I want to do now. Change a little bit what you eat because I think your body is getting used to the same food. Try new fruits and vegetables and low-fat snacks. Maybe your body will love the change and will reward you with a weight loss!

Also, you can change your workout habbits. If your up for it, you can start power-walking outside or even running. Take a cardio class or something different. Buy a workout DVD that you think you would enjoy so you can shake things up!

I know that this week, I want to change my workout completely. I've been addicted to the elliptical for a while now but I think I will go back to the treadmill for some running. I will also focus more on the weightlifting. I want some muscle definition man!! And the last but not the least, I ABSOLUTELY need to work on my abs....Hate it but gotta do it...!

Not sure it helps but hope it is!

Good luck!

Sacha
Old 02-15-2004, 12:33 PM   #3  

I agree with Sacha - try shaking things up a little, you can definitely get into a rut. Another thing to try would be to eat a little more, your daily menu is pretty light for your level of activity.
Closed Thread