Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 04:20 PM   #1  

Talking Come Out and Play!

Hiya Goils,
It's too darn quiet around these here parts! Come out and play - please? I'm just on pins and needles waiting for the stupid insurance company to approve me, so I need you all to entertain me. Tell me about your day, or your valentine's day plans, or the stupid thing your DH did, or anything! Heck, you could even talk about WLS or the dreaded e word. Just come out and play!

Your anxiety-ridden, sick of waiting Chickadee

p.s. Debkay, I especially want to hear from you. I miss you and wonder where you're hiding these days. Don't make me come to Georgia to find you and make me suffer through warm and balmy weather - never mind, I'm on my way!
Old 02-13-2004, 05:54 PM   #2  

Really, where is DebKay? I have been missing her too. It is quiet here, the calm before the cold and snow coming I guess. It is like 45 degrees, but it was 4 degrees last night.

I am getting tired of winter and would really like to get outside and dig in the dirt. the seed catalogs are tempting me.

The cat is currently sleeping on top of the computer tower, and her tail keeps getting on the screen. the puppy is sleeping on the clean clothes, no dirty clothes for him, no sirree Bob, and gas, you would think he'd had the bypass surgery, if I had any indoor plants they would be wilting by now.

The old dog is by my feet and guarding me--don't know what from.

My son is home from school, school conferences and about to drive me to dring--protein shake that is--I am thinking about placing him on E-bay: 15 year old boy, no good at chores, cleaning or doing his home work. will monopolize the TV, stereo and refrigerator. Asking fair market value--or if need be I will pay for you to take him off my hands! What you think Chickee, would you take him?
Old 02-13-2004, 06:02 PM   #3  

Buffy, thanks for the very kind offer, but **** NO! I have an 18 year old son and a 14 year old daughter, so trust me, I know of what you speak. I bet you didn't know that the world revolves only around my children did you? It's all about them! Good thing they're surprisingly cute or thoughtful once every blue moon or I'd be listing them on ebay too. Except that since that's what I do all day (list on ebay) I happen to know that they're not worth diddly squat!

Thanks for coming out to play!
Chickadee

p.s. I have a black lab at my feet who can match your puppy fart for fart
Old 02-13-2004, 07:09 PM   #4  
VOW
Vegan for Health!

Hubster just came home with a bunch of red roses and some white choc covered strawberries....them babies are the size of golf balls!

I'll even share!

*uploading strawberries*

GOTTA love a guy like that!

~VOW
Old 02-13-2004, 07:47 PM   #5  

Oh My! I hate the idea of an anxiety ridden chickadee. They flutter and flitter and lose their feathers and eat too much. It makes me sad. Did you call the insurance company btw?

hmmm...let's see ....didn't pitchers and catchers report for duty? That means that Debkay is in .....gee...where is she...Baltimore? I spoke with her two days ago. She is alive and well and was preparing chicken for dinner. She is one highly organized woman and I for one was extremely impressed. We talked about cinchers. tight corset things with stays that you put around your waist. How fun is that?

If the goverment taxes breast augmentations does that mean it would be double taxation?

Jiff was out of town last night on business. Mom couldn't remember why she wasn't coming home so finally I gave up and told her that Jiff was having wild sex with multiple partners. I think that made an impression and hopefully Mom will remember. I don't think Jiff will mind, she's a good sport.

We celebrated Valentine's day today. I made (at Debkay's suggestion...cause she has a cheap dh too) his favorite manicotti dinner and garlic bread. Not a green thing was to be seen on his plate...just the way he likes it. Bought an apple pie. He gave me a gift certificate for a facial...hope I don't have to keep a straight face for that!!! The boys gave me a Whitman sampler...don't tell BOB...she'll beat my butt.

Jiff, Mom and the little guy and I are going to visit my other sister tomorrow. I just finished wrapping up all the Valentine presents. Love all the pink/red/white wrapping paper...it looks very spring like!

have I rambled enough?
sure I have.

Hang in there, Chickadee.

peach
ps...for all the years I've been here...I do believe I have never seen the word "fart" in print. beans
psss...didn't someone try to sell a kidney on Ebay?

Last edited by peach pit; 02-13-2004 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:53 PM   #6  
Hang In There

You really don't want to know about my week and what I've been doing. Since our loan finally went through we have been busy getting the new building set up so we can soon start manufacturing our own parts. Since ole Alvin's background is manufacturing, he's all excited and wanting to be hands on with this new palnt. That means the work he usually does at the real building has not been getting done, so what does he decide? Yep, I now have a ton of new responsibilities and not a clue how to handle them!! Words like Inventory, Purchase orders, recieving documents and of course Bills Bills Bills are filling my every waking hour and even showing up in my dreams! Add to all that the fact that another one of our employees had emergency gall bladder surgery Wednesday and I have been having to take over some of the slack of his job too. So I haven't had time to play this week!

Valentines Day? Celebrate? When my evil trainer asked me what we were doing for Valentines Day I merely told him that we don't celebrate Valentines day at my house. As he's this cute young thing engaged to be married in April he asked how my DH got by with that one so I had to tell him the secret.

I told him to just accidently forget one year and then the next day when his SO starts mooping around because she doesn't think he loves her anymore just make a big deal out of going to the drugstore and buy a box of candy that's been reduced to half price. Bring it in to her and make sure she understands that you got it on sale. Then when she takes the box of candy and throws it at you, you just merely tell her that **** will have to Freeze over before you get her anything else for Valentines day. And so far in over 30 years **** has not frozen over, nor have I received anything on Valentines Day!

I did get a call from the nurse at the research place, and my bloodwork all came out okay, so I go in Wednesday to get the first of my new medication, and then they will schedule the MRI. But I am on my way. Wish me luck. I refuse to believe I could get the placebo!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:45 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

they wouldn't DARE give you the placebo, would they barb?????

hmmm. and now peachie explains why mom didn't ask me where i was last night!!!!! i had to tell her at least 6 times to get herself packed. i haven't wrapped presents - valentine's or birthday - yet.. they might stay unwrapped at this rate!!! pssst. it's a certain sister's bday on monday.. shhhhh don't say anything...

the business trip was busy. a video shoot with an MD, two pharmacists, and a nurse case manager. productive. boring. interesting. boring. oh well... two days down.

hope ya'll can behave while peachie is gone. oh. and while i'm gone too. i'll be back on sunday night...

by the way, my big event this week is a campaign to convince the dog that she's not the alpha around here. i think it's working. i hope it's working. it had BETTER work!!!!!

love you all....
Old 02-14-2004, 02:11 PM   #8  

YOU guys!

Happy Valentine's Day!
Old 02-14-2004, 04:18 PM   #9  
she who must be obeyed

Happy Valentines Day!!

Hi all!!

Chickadee the waiting is by far the WORST part. Come on down to NOT so sunny balmy Georgia......rain and cold here. yuck

Jiff and peachie enjoy your time away.

just wanted to say a quick hello......back later

Last edited by debkay; 02-14-2004 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:52 AM   #10  

Gee you girls all seem to have lots of excitement in your lives. This week was dark and dreary. Talk about bad, I think it was the worse it has been. My head cook called me the night before my 3 month post op check up to tell me, she may not be able to come to work in the morning. Her 16 year, 3 month old son had just totaled his 2nd car since he can legally drive. About 3 hours later she calls and says, she will be in after all. (Decided she could not afford to take the day off) Poor Deb is back to walking 6 blocks to work, in the wind, snow, and rain. (at 4:30 in the morning no less)
My 3 month post opt check up went well. Down 68 lbs.

Then off to a furneral cousins husband, diagnoised 2 weeks ago, with liver cancer. Leaves wife, & 2 daughters and 3 grandchildren. Wow, guess we should all live life to the fullest!
My 3rd and final dark cloud hit, when my friend called on Friday night to tell me that at noon on Saturday, they were going to turn off the vent, for her mother. Mother was in her 70's and had a lung infection.
I don't want any more weeks like this! I want it to be spring, with lots of flowers and green grass! I want to enjoy life!

Last edited by Ditzy Blonde; 02-15-2004 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:10 AM   #11  
For my HEALTH...

I am so sorry Ditzy you are being hit from all sides.

Just try to think about that 68lbs that you are no longer dragging around with you. Spring is not that far off so hold on -- it's coming!

--Pookie
Old 02-15-2004, 10:48 AM   #12  
Old Cackler

68 pounds???? WONDERFUL!!!!!! this is just a quickie catch up before i take a walk.. more later...
Old 02-15-2004, 12:45 PM   #13  

Ditzy, 68 lbs is great and I am sorry for your trio of bad things, if they come in threes you should be okay for a while. the thing I hate about getting old is the fact that freinds and relatives get old too, and with that comes deaths, cancer etc....oh to be 16 again and not have to worry, but that isn't true either, 2 young men both 16 died in a car accident this fall, the school had a horrible time with it. I am not sure 16 year olds should be driving by themselvs yet, this from a mother of a 15 year old with a permit.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:42 PM   #14  

Thanks for the warm fuzzies! Yes after my friend called, about her mother, it happened to be that this was my second friend to loose her mother in a short time. I went to spend a day with my mom! Guilt does wonderful things to you!
We had a great day together shopping!

Just seemed to be a bad week, normally I'm kind of happy go lucky! I was impressed with the post op visit. Doc said I was ahead of schedule in the weight loss! Yeah!!
Everything looked good.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:56 PM   #15  
Hang In There

Throw my warm fuzzies in there with the rest of them. I know what it's like to be hit from all side, but as my favorite saying goes, just hang in there. We will be thinking and praying for you and your friends.
Closed Thread