South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 02:10 PM   #1  

Default New to the Beach!!

Hey Ya'll! I've been reading your site for a few weeks; I started SB about 2 weeks ago and so far have lost 6 pounds which I am so happy about!!! I have tried every diet know to man I think this may be the one for me! It's not like any others I've tried...seems easy! Anyway, I'm from Georgia, married and have a very sweet loving DH who is rail thin; 2 step kids Darrell is 13 and Michelle is 25. Michelle just got engaged 2 weeks ago and wants a 7/3 wedding so we are trying to plan a wedding in Atlanta which has to move fast to get everything in line for the big day; so far it's coming together nicely. I also have two fur kids, Casey is a Cairn Terrier (toto dog); he's 11 mos old and Yuri is a big Russian Blue cat he's 13.
Anyhow, I need to get some of this weight off before the wedding! I can say that I do have more energy and feel better eating more protein. I was on WW until 12/18/04 and got to the point where it was up and down with the same 10 pounds that I got so frustrated and stopped. I bought the SB book in December and got around to reading it in January. So here I am!! ready to soke up great ideas, tips and positive vibes from all of you!
Old 02-13-2004, 02:28 PM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Hello neighbor! Glad to have ya on the beach! Lookin forward to seein ya race around! Lots of helpful peeps around here. Planning a wedding! Oh what fun. My dd is 12 and says I already have her wedding planned. If you can watch a Wedding Story on TLC or tape it you can get lots of good ideas from that show. Again Welcome!
Old 02-13-2004, 05:14 PM   #3  
GARDENING ADDICT

Welcome to the beach, Nascargirl
Old 02-13-2004, 05:54 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Nascargirl. You will love The Beach.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:05 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Nascargirl! Glad to have you join us!
Old 02-13-2004, 11:06 PM   #6  

welcome to the beach!!!

jodi
Old 02-14-2004, 07:38 AM   #7  

Thanks so much for the warm welcome ya'll!

Going this AM to Atlanta to look at bridesmaid dresses, the gown,church and reception hall whoo what a valentines day! Maybe DH will go get me a nice big present

Bamiegurl: I'll be cruising over to Dega for the race next month. We don't live but about an hour and a half or so from there; of course we go for the entire weekend for the spring race.

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-14-2004, 11:03 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

We are about 1.5 to 2hrs from Dega also but we are going to the Bristol race this year. This will be the first nascar race fo me and dd. Dh has been to more than I would want to count. He took ds a few years ago and says now it is our turn. Dd has been dyin to go but does not understand that it is not like you see on t.v. and dh is very serious about it and does not like to be disturbed so I'm glad we are all goin cause she likes to get up alot. tee-hee

Dh talked about goin to GA today. I was born in Lagrange and my Mom's first cousin owns a Harley parts place down there and dh needs an oil pump for our 66 Sportster. Told him that was a lil more of a ride than I wanted to take but said hey lets go that means a hotel stay. Quickly remembering our friends who live in Woodstock, Ga and realized it would be a stay at their house and shot down his plan! with love of course
Have a safe trip to the big city. I lived there once also. Back when underground Atlanta was a cool place!

Last edited by Bamiegurl; 02-14-2004 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:16 AM   #9  

Bamiegurl: It's such a small world! I grew up in Hogansville; which is up the road from LaGrange.

We go to the August Bristol Race every year. You will love this track; you can see everything. You will need ear plugs though. It's the size of a football stadium.
Closed Thread