Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 09:09 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Wink Thursday Chatters ----more of February

Greetings Chatters

Drip, Drip, Drip,
It's been raining and raining here. I'm afraid our whole house is going to float off.

Tammy, I hope Bob feels better today.
BJ, do you travel a lot?
Susan, how are you today????? Stay awake at school. Do the kids have Friday off? My sister says HISD has Friday and Monday off.

Maureen, are you watching yourself running in circles with those 2 jobs?

Sis, Where's my friend?????? You've been quiet for several days and I miss hearing from you. I hope your mother is still doing okay and that's not the reason you haven't written. Are you getting lots of rain, too?

Yesterday, I was hungry constantly. I wanted to eat everything in sight----and that's not me. And, I had this craving for chocolate. And, I'm not a huge chocolate fan. Very strange!

Take care and have a great day!!!

Tina
Old 02-11-2004, 06:35 PM   #2  

Tina, Bob is feeling better today. I think taking the time off has helped. Maybe I should consider that? I just woke up from a nap that felt great.

We are off of school this coming Monday, then we are out the 27th. We do our conferences at the elem. after school on the 19th, and the 27th is our official conference day.

I've been the same way with food. I ate part of a Hershey bar with almonds. It has been in the kitchen since Christmas!

I need to go get some papers graded. I've been trying to get things planned for the sub for when I'm gone. I have folders made for each day, and I already ran off some papers for them for those days.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:59 PM   #3  
Susan

Hi,

Tammy, Tina, are you having cravings for me? Isn't it funny how all of a sudden certain foods start calling your name!! Luckily I haven't had any cravings!! Hopefully I won't

I have to work Friday and Monday. Monday the student's don't have to come because it is a staff development.

Friday I go for a Echo EKG. Doesn't that sound fun!!! Then next week I'm going to the dietitian. I think that will be great, I don't want to gain a ton. If I can I would like to gain as little as possible.

Tammy, I think taking a day off would be good for you!!! A mental health day!!!

Tina, the weather has been the same here. It's gotten colder throughout the day. They are talking about it being really cold this weekend.

Susan
Old 02-11-2004, 10:44 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

I was remembering when I was pregnant. I craved pretzels and cherry pie.
The pretzels were probably for salt. I just liked the pie.
We were so poor. We didn't have insurance for pregnancy. However, Larry would go to the House of Pies and get me a piece of cherry. Sweet guy!

Tammy, it's almost the weekend. I suggest that you do nothing for 2 days. You have a big trip coming and need to get back to normal.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:23 AM   #5  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been in kind of a funky mood lately. I tried to do the low carb thing again cuz I want to lose 10 more lbs at least to get to ONEderland. But again, I just CAN'T seem to do that. I think I really am addicted to carbs. I just don't feel right without them. I don't feel satisfied. My biggest thing lately is I just want to be feeding my face all the time. I don't know why. I'm under stress but that's nothing new. I seem to be staying the same weight, not gaining really but I am getting very discouraged. Oh well, giving up is not an option, I just needed to vent I guess. Sorry such a long post. Hope everyone has a great day.....Sis
Old 02-12-2004, 12:17 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Sis, I'm glad to hear from you. I know where you're coming from, wanting to eat everything.
Personnaly, I don't think the low carb thing is good. That's my opinion. Lots of people seem to lose on it.
Do you journal? If not, start today by writing down everything that goes into your mouth (and down your throat). Journaling is the only thing that keeps me losing. Isn't that strange!
I don't like water but I try to drink 6 glasses each day. My diet drinks don't help water retention but I've decided I'm NOT going to live without them.
Let me know how you are doing.
You can do this.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:18 PM   #7  
Sis

Tina, thanks for your help. I know you're right I should journal. I have never really done that. Even though I've been doing this a LONG time now, over 4 yrs I have never journaled. I do need to get in my water also. I drink decaf coffee mostly. I just have to get myself psyched back into this. I know I can do it, I've lost almost 100 lbs for goodness sakes. Like I said before, giving up is not an option, I just keep on trying. Thanks again. Have a great day and week end....Sis
Old 02-12-2004, 01:50 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Okay ladies,
It's cold down here in TX. I'm cold and thinking about a hot fudge sundae.
Help!!!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 02:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies

Sis you can do it-like Tina says just write it down and drink the water.

Tina, I'll trade places with you-it's nice here today but only 3C(I'm not sure what that is in F but I'm sure you're still warmer)

I just got back from weighing in(1st time in a year) and yes of course I gained. I have 10lbs to lose to reach the goal that I gave WW but 25 to get to my personal goal. But I feel pumped. I'm making a commitment and I hope to stick to it. Also I'm half way through day 11 of being a non smoker. Like they say 1 day at a time. Can someone explain how exercise fits in with flex points? Because I'm starting over again I don't have that info yet. Thanks.

Any way let's be good to ourselves we're worth it

maureen

Last edited by maureen kempster; 02-12-2004 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/184/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey Everybody,
Tina, you asked if I travel much....I have traveled a lot in the past, although with fiscal cut backs at work, I'm not on the road as much. I lived in Europe for two years (Austria and Greece), and I kept a rail pass and traveled throughout both Eastern and Western Europe. I was studying for my Master's Degree in Art History. It was the best two years of my life! When I came home, I couldn't get a good job in my field, so I became a travel agent. I've worked as an agent for the last 18 years, but things have turned sour since Sept. 11th and my hours have been cut to three days a week. I'm looking at a career move, but can't find anything that pays. I just finished a beginning Excel class at the local community college last night, and am hoping to do powerpoint next. If only I knew what I wanted to be when I grow up!
Hey Sis...it's nice to meet you. I'm new with this thread (maybe 2 weeks), but a vetern to dieting. Your weight loss numbers are terrific! You must be so proud of yourself! Keep up the good work! You're inspirational to us....
Susan, how ya feeling? I don't know what we're all having your cravings!
Tammy-I'm happy to hear that Bob is feeling better. I hope that you're getting your strength back too. Take good care of yourself!
Okay, Hi Maureen....nice to meet you! How are you handling quitting smoking and eating healthy at the same time? My husband was a bear when he quit....but it was worth it in the long run....good luck
Speaking of my husband, today is his birthday--He's 49. I had WW weigh in today and was down 3.4 pounds....with last weeks 6.6 loss, that's 10 pounds total. I'm pleased, but nervous about the first plateau that I'm sure will be soon. We had a reasonable birthday dinner--orange scallops, rice and sugar snap peas. My mother made homemade pineapple upside down cake and brought over Breyer's ice cream. I only had a nibble, and think that I still managed to stay under my point limit.
Okay, off to watch Survivor. Okay, I know that it's stupid, but I'm hooked....and I think that Richard may have an encounter with a shark tonight!!
Good luck everyone...Bye, BJ
Old 02-12-2004, 08:55 PM   #11  

Susan, I only gained 11 pounds with Tim. He was a month early, but I don't think I would have gained too much during that last month. Pay attention to what the dietician says. Look out for the sugars/carbs because of gestational diabetes. I had that.

Tim plays at solo and ensemble contest on Sat. and I think that is the only thing going on this weekend. I plan to get plenty of rest!

Hang in there Sis! I've been trying to do the low carb thing because of my sugar levels. I need to keep them down, or the doctor is going to label me as diabetic. Don't want that to happen.

Maureen, stay pumped!!! You're almost there!!!!

BJ, living in Europe! What an experience!! Happy Birthday to your husband!! What did he buy for us?? LOL Your dinner sounds delicious by the way.

Need to go work on some school things. Talk later.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:06 AM   #12  
Thursday Lady

BJ,
I don't think you've realized it but we also have a weigh-in results thread.
Go over and read.

Last edited by Tina; 02-13-2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 242/184/135

Height: 5'4"

Oh Thanks Tina....I'm so new here that I have a lot to learn. Can you tell me how to get there?? (Sorry to be so dumb....)
Bye, BJ
Old 02-13-2004, 11:37 AM   #14  
Thursday Lady

BJ,
Scroll up to the very top of the page and you'll see where it says, " 3FC Healthy Weight Loss Support Forums > Weight Watchers > WW Weigh-Ins and Countdowns > Thursday Chatters ----more of February "
Click on the WW Weigh-ins and Countdowns and then you'll see all the threads for this forum. You'll find our weigh-in results thread there.

If I haven't been clear enough just ask again.
Tina
Old 02-13-2004, 06:45 PM   #15  
Sis

Welcome to the board Travelchick. Nice to meet you too. Thanks for the encouragement everyone. It helps a lot. This board has been a lot of help to me over the last 4 or 5 years. Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentines Day. My honey gave me roses today. A day early but thats ok. Have a GREAT week end......Sis
Closed Thread