Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 10:29 AM   #1  

Question total carbs for a day

Hello. I was wondering how many carbs a person could have in a day and lose weight. I must admit that I like my potatoes and bread. I read in The Glycemic Index that you could eat 188 grams of carbs a day and lose weight. Is this bunk or what. I have tried Atkins before and could not stick with eating so low carbs, plus I dont want to eat all that fat. Isnt fat fattening? How many carbs do you eat in day and still lose weight?

Any info would be appreciated.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:16 AM   #2  
Head Princess

The argument is that fat is not fattening. Carbs are. That's why this whole low-carb thing got started. As for how much you can eat and still lose, that's an individual thing. Things like metabolism, exercise, caloric intake, water, and lifestyle all play into what you can eat and how much of it.
Closed Thread