Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 10:56 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Where are our walkers?

I think they all walked away!
Come back where ever you all are. I know I have been bad with keeping up with my walking but I still enjoyed reading all the posts but since there was the problem with the board and we lost a bunch of posts no one has started the walking post back up again.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:12 PM   #2  

What is a walking post? Do you talk about and track your walking every day.
I wear a pedometer every day. I try to get in 7000 or more steps by dinner. Why? I sit in front a computer screen all day. My goal is a 3-4 mile walk daily. Some days I have to break this up into 2 separate walks. If I walk 4 miles and my regular everyday steps I get in 9000-11000 steps in a day. What is everyone else doing??
Old 02-08-2004, 07:23 PM   #3  

I have a regular route from my house through various side streets. It's about 4 1/2 miles, with some hills and some flats. Today I started jogging slowly on the flats, as well. I do this about twice a week or so. My other exercises are water aerobics and rowing machine. I think I should start ab work too, I really felt my stomach bouncing around when I jogged today, lol!
Old 02-08-2004, 07:50 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekInnerThinChick
I have a regular route from my house through various side streets. It's about 4 1/2 miles, with some hills and some flats. Today I started jogging slowly on the flats, as well. I do this about twice a week or so. My other exercises are water aerobics and rowing machine. I think I should start ab work too, I really felt my stomach bouncing around when I jogged today, lol!
Oh boy you are doing good I walk every day but only little over a mile 2.2k I guess then I do my one mile tape so I guess this week I will try for more
Old 02-10-2004, 12:15 AM   #5  
Gonna do it!

S/C/G: 186/166/140

Height: 5'8"

This may be the thread for me! I am in the process of looking at treadmills. I think I may break down and get the spendy one that I looked at first because of the quality of the motor and also it has an awesome warranty the others don't. My plan is to walk 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes each day and maybe work up from there. I used to walk at the gym, but have found it harder to get there lately...

Courtney
Old 02-10-2004, 12:36 AM   #6  

Grandma57: Thank you! Although it didn't happen overnight. It has taken over two years to get to this point, little bit by little bit. I started out just going to water aerobics twice a week, and could hardly get through it. It just takes time to build yourself up.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/169/133

Height: 5feet 2inches

Angry I'm new to walking!

Hello
I have just begun on an exercise prog and decided that walking was best for me. I have a lovely route close to home that takes be by the canal.I see all sorts of things like squirrels swans and brightly painted barges.I enjoy walking and plan to go a bit further each day. I have severe osteo-arthritis in my lower back and hips and in other joints but walking is something I can do. I may not be fast but any exercise is better than non.Sometimes my husband joins me as well it is nice having someone to walk with but I still do it on my own if need be.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:18 PM   #8  

Hi all, I'm new here and saw this thread about walking. I'm currently trying to get myself into a routine. I've been aiming for at least 3 days a week 45 min to 1 hour at 3 mph or more (4mph is the fastest I can possibly go I believe!) I've been 3 days the first week, 3 the second, 1 the 3rd, none the 4th and back to 3 on the 5th week this week. I really want to lose the weight this time, I've done it before, but its not seeming NEAR as easy....I'm trying not to get discouraged. Any helpfull hints out there? Walking is about the only excersize I can afford I've thought about Curves, but would like to start losing some and make sure I'm dedicated before shelling out the $$$. I also have a Gazelle glider at home, but I just can't do it at home with a 2 yr. old. Somehow she just doesn't understand why mommy can't get her chocolate milk right this very minute!!! God love her.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:05 PM   #9  

i had a treadmill, but for some reason it wasnt for me. I recently purchased a elliptical, ive been using.. though it def. is more of a workout than a treadmill for me.. Ive been doing 2 miles a day on the elliptical (one mile, a break, then another mile) and the WATP 2 mile dvd 5 x a week..
I love walking.. and i cant go outside much since im in NY and its still snowing here..
Old 02-20-2004, 05:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/169/133

Height: 5feet 2inches

Hi there. It is never easy trying to keep to a rigid plan of exercise. I aim to walk everyday, down to the shops, around my neighbourhood, down to the canal, getting off the bus at a stop before I need all sorts of things. That way I don't feel I am exercising and it is not a chore. I hate exercise it always reminds me of the torture of the school gym and track with a bully of a teacher who did not inspire anyone. Now I have decided to take things in hand and walking is easy cheap and fun. I cannot walk fast due to arthritis but any speed of walking is fine as long as it done on a regular basis. So keep in there Loribug 26 and all of us for that matter we will win.
Closed Thread