Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2001, 06:01 PM   #1  

Angry

G'day all,

Hope no-one minds me starting a new thread, the other one was getting quite long.

Trudy yes I am really thrilled that my dd WANTS me to come shopping for a wedding dress!!! Her and fiancee are just lovely but very poor both being students. They are so appreciative of everything we do that it is a real joy to help them out.

About my Tai Chi and Photoshop!
Tai Chi was OK, I got terribly tangled up but it was good.

Photoshop was fantastic!!!! I learned so much and cannot wait to start practicing what I learnt last night.
Lily you would just love it, I did learn last night that so many programs offer almost identical things to Photoshop, eg Corel, PaintShop Pro etc. Adobe Photoshop is used as the industry standard but is also the most expensive. You have a cd burner, there must be someone that you know that you could borrow their photoshop cd If not let me know and perhaps we can arrange something.
Here are some of the addresses I was given last night, some of you may find it of interest.

www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/photoshop4

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/

www.mccannas.com

I am really sorry that I am in Melbourne for the next lesson.
I have had photoshop for 2 years and only last night did I realise some of the things you can do. I bought another one of those teach yourself books on Photoshop last week and it now makes perfect sense to me
I must be off, time to practice my new found skills
So much to learn, so little time
Cheers all, have a great day
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 03-28-2001 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-28-2001, 10:44 PM   #2  
Life Time 2001

Geri: Tell him to go for the faster. He will be sorry. I got the fast one, and it is great. I upgraded from the III. Its wasnt bad for speed but if you can afford the extra I would. The III is already outdated, so you would be better off with the IV.
Your sister did good on that "Flow Blue". It is pretty stuff.

Maria: My sister has Corel and I have been playing with it. She also has Paint Shop Pro and I like that alot. It has been real easy for me to learn. So Im gonna buy it. Thanks for the links they look interesting! Will spend some time going through them.

Hi Turdy & Slavika! You both are pretty quite today. Are you out causing trouble?

Old 03-29-2001, 03:13 AM   #3  
Justa Wannabe

Has anyone heard of the "Eat right 4 your blood type"? I did a newsletter on it for my diet group if any of you want to me to send it out to you. It explains why some of us lose on a certain type of diet and others don't. Maybe it'll answer a few questions for you.

Nothing's new here...sleepy I guess

Have a great day today
Old 03-29-2001, 07:10 PM   #4  

G'day all,
Where is everyone????
I miss reading what everyone is up to.
Sounds interesting Greeneyez I would love to receive more information about this.
My email address is now [email protected].

Beautiful day here on Friday morning 10.15. We are planning to do some exploring of the country side around Sydney tomorrow and we are going to a football game on Sunday.

In the meantime I will keep messing about with Photoshop, it really is a lot of fun, if only I could remember everything that I was taught last Wednesday night
Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria

PS One thing I learnt how to reduce the pixels in a photograph and it worked!!!!!
Old 03-29-2001, 08:31 PM   #5  
Net browser

Default now who's that cute gal .........

Hi there Everybody

Maria "DAT" you looking so fine and sassy?
Now, is that also something you learned to do with your "Photoshop" class? Sounds like you are really enjoying it. Good for you. I have to look into taking some neat little courses to use with my computer too.

Lily hi there. Trudy was probably up to "no good" but I was with another friend yesterday for shopping and lunch. We went for our mammograms a while back together, and although mine was ok they told her they wanted her to have an ultra sound.........well that was today, and hurray it was a cyst and they already took care of it. ~~~~~~Really nice news.

We might be in for some freezing snow/rain (like we really need more snow), so Lily if you are wearing shorts already I do not even want to hear about it.

Where is everybody tonight? Not another party that I wasn't invited to? Rats I hate that.
I'll come back later to see who showed up. Night all.

Last edited by slavika; 03-30-2001 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-29-2001, 10:44 PM   #6  
Life Time 2001

Greeneyez: Sure send it my way sounds interesting. [email protected]

Maria: Is that you? Very pretty lady! Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned. Sounds fun to! would love to come to Australia some day and explore. My DH really wants to go there so maybe someday will will.

Slavika: Thats great news that it was only a cyst. Im sure she was worried about it until now. Lucky me I get to go Monday. I hate those things. AlAS.........
Sorry but I have been wearing my shorts for 2 weeks now!
Matter of fact the ones I wore to WI last week almost feel off my bottom they are getting so big.
Old 03-29-2001, 10:48 PM   #7  
Super Surfer

Default Don't go spreading any false rumors.....

I was a "good girl" yesterday... had a nice lunch with my Work Out Friends. After I went back to one gal's place and she showed me her photos from her 2 wk trip to London England. That is one place I would like to go, but very expensive. She is a widow and she met her Sis and BIL there and stayed with them. One night she picked up the cheque for a large pizza and 3 drinks and it cost her $67.00 cdn. - she just got her Visa bill.

Today I took Mom shopping and her Sis came along. I figure that I got the 2 of them in and out of the van 7 times. There were 2 extra stops that only I went in and they stayed behind. I am weary... I left my house at 9:30am and got home around 2:30pm. My DH was the driver, so at least I didn't have to worry about traffic and parking. He never thought he would retire and spend one day a week driving the old ladies around... I think he had a different picture in his mind.

Slavika I think we have to find out about Photo Shop and CD burners and Zip thingmes. These gals are leaving us behind... Don't even mention that 4 letter word around me, the snow is almost gone, we don't want anymore.
Greeneyez put me on your mailing list for the "blood type" thing. Sounds interesting.
Maria What a nice picture of you... so cute... You don't need to put a bag over your web cam.
Geri Nice to hear from you again. You have to check in with us more often. I like reading your posts.

Well that's it for me tonight, going to bed... See you guys tomorrow...
Old 03-29-2001, 10:57 PM   #8  
Super Surfer

Default Lily stop - your making me jealous!

You have been wearing shorts for 2 weeks??? Looks like we live in the wrong part of the continent.. I was happy to put on a spring jacket for the last few days, and now we might be getting SNOW... I am not impressed. Get yourself some nice new shorts in a smaller size and enjoy..
Old 03-29-2001, 11:40 PM   #9  
Net browser

Default making me jealous too Lily..........

I can't believe it. Lily says she has been wearing shorts for two weeks now AND they are getting too BIG for her, ALAS, TRUDY life is not fair.

I just received a phone call from from my friend who is still in Maui. She said she read in the paper, that the scientists that have cloned mice.....say the clones are always fatter then the original. Well she called to tell me she thinks she is a CLONE . Her and her husband are going on a cruise in June and she wanted to lose another 10# and gained 6# instead.

Ok, beddie bye time for me.
Old 03-30-2001, 01:58 AM   #10  

G'day all,

Nice to hear you thought my picture was OK. It was taken last Christmas.
I thought spring was supposed to be in the air for you all, doesn't seem like it with the snow some of you are expecting.
One of my 'jobs' today was to plan what we would like to see on our trip to the Blue Mountains tomorrow.
I have come across their web site and thought I would share, some of you may find it of interest.
http://www.bluemountainstourism.org.au/
Have a great weekend all.
Cheers
Maria
Old 03-30-2001, 02:07 AM   #11  
Justa Wannabe

G'evening....

I sent the info to [email protected] and [email protected] but it said the administrators turned off whatever it is that allows me to get your email address Trudy
I'll check tomorrow and see if you add it to the post and then get it off to you

That's really a good picture. Even being small it was very clear. Good job!

It was rainy all day today. That's sleepytime weather. Only my daughter took advantage of it though
Old 03-30-2001, 03:08 PM   #12  

Hi everybody, Got my 'puter back. Been catching up on the goings on. Tried to get in on my son's puter but it doesn't like this site. Lost the 2 I gained plus one more. Happy Day! Have to go walking now. Will check in later. Peggy
Old 03-30-2001, 04:01 PM   #13  
Super Surfer

Default very mild, cloudy but NO SNOW...

A BIG HI TO EVERYONE

Greeneyez my e-mail address is [email protected] ... sorry I didn't put it down yesterday .. just didn't think.
Peggy you are doing just great with the WI. WTG. It must be all the walking.
Maria The Blue Mountains look really nice. Have a nice weekend.

Slavika Do you think it could possibly be that Lily is OP and that is why she is consistentely losing, and needs smaller clothes?... Hmmmmm? Think that might work for us too??
... About the mice - I heard that Scientists have isolated the gene in mice that causes them to gain weight. It won't be long before they have something for people to take so they can eat and not gain.... it can't be to soon.

So far so good, now the weather man is saying that there is a small chance we will get rain, but the snow is west and north of us. Maybe we will get lucky this time.

I was so tired last night but didn't get much sleep, so today I am having a hard time doing my Friday things. I am such a creature of habit I have to do my chores on their appointed days.

My DD and her hubby are going to the US for the weekend and we get to babysit the Granddoggie. I am going to need all my strength for Jessica (a very lively Cocker Spaniel)

I will look back later to see who showed up, have a nice weekend everyone.

Last edited by Trudy; 03-30-2001 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2001, 04:44 PM   #14  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone: Raise the flag. We have had two days of rain. You can almost see the grass growing now. It has been a blessing, it has been so dry with so many brush fires around.
I'd be interested in the blood type info too. [email protected]. Tomorrow I go for a weigh-in and I expect I'll have to pay. It irritates me so that I can't keep where I'm supposed to be. But I guess I like to eat too much.

The Blue Mountains look great and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. A classy picture. Unless we change to a computer and I learn a lot, you all will just have to imagine how I look.

This is a busy week. The POWER TEAM, are at our church for 5 days. What amazing strength these men have, and it is not only physical strength but also spiritual strength. They all have great life stories and testimonies. The young people in our area are just so excited about their appearance. We've had a full house for two nights and expect it will continue for the rest of the time. These men appeared on Walker Texas Ranger. I didn't see them, but others did. Mind boggling strength.

I know how one feels when you have to have an ultra sound after a mammogram and they talk about seeing a surgeon. Fortunately for me I too have cysts and that is the way it is going to be. But I get checked every year-just in case they should show some change.

So long for now. Have to get myself ready to go back to church as we are acting as ushers and counselors. I'll give you all the good/bad news tomorrow after the weigh-in.
Old 03-30-2001, 08:35 PM   #15  
Life Time 2001

Greeneyez: Thanks for the article it was interesting.

Peg: WTG! You are doing so well!. Glad you got your puter back

Trudy: I would love to go to London. But now Im not so sure. Sounds awfully expensive! Oh boy you get to doggie sit
this weekend.

Slavika: Your friend is still in Maui? Alas...Would be so nice to spend so much time there. Maybe SHE will take me next
time? Ya Think? Sorry about the shorts. Its beautiful here. 78-80

Maria: The Blue Mountains look really nice. Looks like you are gonna have lots of fun there! I want to go to the Chalet to
eat. yummm

Ann: That Power Team thing sounds neat. Bet it has been interesting. Good luck at WI tomorrow!

Back to work........Its been a real bad week. I want to retire........
Closed Thread