Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 12:40 PM   #1  

Default De-lurking again, a few more questions

Hi Ladies. I posted earlier about lifting and not getting much results. Thanks to all who replied. I also looked through the other pleas for help from others in the past and tallied all the comments.

I did up my weights and I'm trying to get more protien... which is not that easy for a carb addict I'm going to try adding some protien powder, does anyone have advise or recommendations on that? Also what about tofu for a low fat/low calorie protien source? I don't see much written about that. I also see a lot of people adding flax or flax seed oil. What is the magic of flax? Just wondering if I should add that too.

Also does anyone else work out at home? I don't have a gym available in my community (small) so I use dumb bells and a barbell at home with some lifting videos. I use my step for a bench and I can set it up for an incline. I think I can do most things I could do in a gym.

I am DETERMINED to make changes in my 45 year old body. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation I get here.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:20 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

I don't know if you've checked the 'stickies' here at the top of the forum - in "Basic Bodybuilding Info" there are some great links. Right off the top, I'd recommend Krista Scott Dixon's webste at http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html - she answers a lot of the questions you have, including the ones you have about EFAs (essential fatty acids - which includes flax oil)

As far as soy - I largely avoid it myself since it's an incomplete protein, and I've read some articles about it that don't sound, um, that great health-wise.

Working out - I'm a total gym rat, but I'm pretty sure some folks here work out at home

Hope that helps a bit!
Closed Thread