Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 08:38 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Thursday-2/5

I'm awake....I think It's almost Friday!! It's the only thing keeping me going!!! Add to that we're supposed to get snow (the weather people really don't know HOW much. Could be as much as 6 inches or as little as 2). Of course my kids will hope for the 6 AND hope that the school cancels (for a change).
I have to remember not to step on the scale! lol. The 2 pounds that were down is now only 1 pound down. But I'm hoping to drop the other 1 by Saturday. If not, at least 1 is gone

So how is YOUR Thursday going so far? Hope you all have a great day
Old 02-05-2004, 08:55 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Brenda and Everyone to come.

Mama bird (boss) is here today so I can't play, not that I do anyways sheeeeeeeeeeh

Any good plans for the weekend ?
Old 02-05-2004, 09:20 AM   #3  

oooooooohhhhh dear. Jane was a bad girl last night and is paying for it today. I went out with a friend I used to work with. We had dinner and then a few glasses of non-carb friendly wine Well needless to say it wasn't pretty.
Didn't get home until 11:00! Hubby was sound asleep snoring like a buzzsaw.
I'm sure he missed me

Well onto better things today. Just had some cheese for breakfast...that is all I wanted. Now to tame the cravings that are sure to come. I am thinking.....meatball sub . Don't worry....I have my salad for lunch.

chat more later...have an install to do.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:26 AM   #4  
Total Sass Bucket

Good morning all.
I'm soooo slow to start this morning which is probably due to the fact that I couldn't get to sleep last night for some reason. I've got parent-teacher conferences today which, thankfully... my boss is letting me out of most of them!!!! Woo Hoo! The one time I'm actually glad I have class. Well, I'm pretty sure my class is going to be canceled anyway because we're supposed to get 6-7 inches of snow by tomorrow starting early afternoon today. I can't even begin to describe how tired I am of driving on crappy roads. Grrrrr
Oh well, if it all works out like I want it to, I'll be at class for an hour or two, it will get called off and I'll go home earlier than all of my coworkers. heheheheheh
The one thing that's going to get me today is the PotLuck. Every conference day all the teachers bring in a dish... and it's usually such yummy food.... After debating for a LONG time, I decided not to even attend. I'm going to go out to lunch with a fellow coworker or two and my student teacher. I figure the further away I am from all those yummy desserts that will be there, the better off I am!!!
Ok, it's back to my workbook... 20 chapters left and counting by next Saturday!! (I think I can, I think I can I think I can....)
Old 02-05-2004, 10:25 AM   #5  
Head Princess

Good morning!

Brenda - I know you can do it!

Leenie - Sorry about mama bird! I'll miss you!

Jane - what wine is non-low carb friendly? Unless it was a sweet white wine... What did you drink?

Shimma - smart move on the potluck!

I'm still pretty darn happy this morning - even if I am exhausted! DH called last night on his way home from work to say that the head bartender at the bar where he works asked him to come in and talk for a few minutes. Well, I don't like this girl and I certainly don't trust her, so I pitched a bit of a fit. I was so tired and didn't want to wait up for him longer but I sure wasn't going to go to sleep until he got home. (He doen't normally get home until 10:40 at night as it is!)

We ended up compromising and he came and picked me up so I wouldn't have to walk in the cold through our semi-scary neighborhood and we went there together. The bartender wanted to know why he quit and when he explained that he wanted to be able to spend time with me, she shot me a dirty look and started whining about how she really needed him to stay. Guess who won?

So he works there this Saturday and then on Friday the 20th because there's going to be a huge birthday party (we're talking 100 people just for the party!) and he had already committed to working for that and then he's DONE! So I'm still doing a happy dance.

Not much new other than that. I went and had a couple of low-carb beers with a friend last night in celebration of dh's news. I know, hypocritical, huh? And then I learned that another friend who has hooked up with a not so good guy is giving her kid benedryl every night to make him go to sleep so he doesn't wake up and annoy the bf at night. Argh! Can you believe that? What is she thinking?

Anyway, time to work! TTYL!
Old 02-05-2004, 10:30 AM   #6  

Star: I just had too much of it that's all......I cut each with ice and water but still.....to much for a weeknight.
Do you by any chance have a definitive answer on the carbs in a glass of white wine. Each list I look at says something different. The average glass is 6 oz. Fitday says that 4oz. is 1 gram. Do you know if that is true?
Old 02-05-2004, 10:30 AM   #7  
Head Princess

OMG - Mr. Mucus just came into work! Why? Why? Did he have to come back? I've been so nice and nausea free without having to listen to that disgusting-ness! And I left my Limp Bizkit cd at home - crap!!!!
Old 02-05-2004, 10:32 AM   #8  

Star: that answers my question from yesterday. I was wondering where he has been.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:34 AM   #9  
Head Princess

That is true for a dry-ish white wine (Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Pinot Grigio). It will be higher for a sweeter white (Reisling, some table wines, Zinfindel). I'm a red wine girl myself. I adore Pinot Noir, but have recently discovered Shiraz and I'm pretty dang fond of that, too!

You put water and ice in it? I thought that was only reserved for Boone's Ferry or boxed wine....
Old 02-05-2004, 10:36 AM   #10  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: Any amount of weight that comes off is good in my book -- just as long as it doesn't come on!

Leenie: Awww. That's no fun.

Jane: Hope you had fun with your friend! Meatball sub: BAD. Salad: GOOD.

Shimma: Good for you for avoiding the big potluck. It's better to not even be around tempting food. Be safe driving!

It's supposed to be beautiful here again today -- maybe into the 80s. I'll see if I can drag the dog out for another long walk. She's excited at first and goes way too hard. Then, she gets pooped and lays down. Too bad she doesn't understand moderation.

I really need to get back into doing Pilates again. I was doing it every other day, and then I stopped. I'm not sure why, and now I can't get back into it.

This weekend will be busy. On Saturday, I am going to Kansas to visit my dad for the day. I'll leave that morning and fly back that evening. Yes, it's pretty crazy, but DH works for an airline, and we have free flight benefits. So, I figure we might as well use them. Then, on Sunday, we are going to Orlando for another NBA game -- Magic vs. Lakers. Can't wait!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-05-2004, 10:40 AM   #11  
Movin' and Losin'

Wow! I took WAY too long to post!

Star: Glad the news is still good! Sorry to hear Mr. Mucus is back in action. You have quite the work crew -- everyone from a phone-sex operator to Mr. Mucus!!
Old 02-05-2004, 02:24 PM   #12  
Head Princess

I have a very exciting life

Where is everyone today? It's pretty quiet around here....
Old 02-05-2004, 02:30 PM   #13  
Total Sass Bucket

I'm here....... working away on that stupid stupid workbook. I've never had so much busy work in my life.

That and I have the hiccups. Any suggestions for a cure?????
Old 02-05-2004, 02:31 PM   #14  

It is awful quiet around here.

Thanks for the info on the wine StarPrincess. I think I need to stay away from it completly but like you I just love the stuff so dang much
Old 02-05-2004, 02:38 PM   #15  

By the way............... Here is the grand total for that meatball sub I DIDN'T have today (53 carbs - 6 fiber = 47)
That would have been disasterous
Closed Thread