South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 02:18 PM   #1  

Default Switching from Atkins?

I started out Jan. 1st just by limiting my carbs to 45 per day. The first week I lost 6lbs, but the scale didn't budge for the next two weeks. I decided (from reading) that I may have shorted myself by not lowering the carbs enough, so I started Atkins induction almost two weeks ago and haven't lost an ounce but still feel like crap. I felt good on 45 carbs a day, but had stopped losing. At 20 carbs per day, I'm very tired and have a dull headache and muscle fatigue. I'm starting to think that I'm not losing weight because I'm eating too much fat and I'm considering the SDB. Any advice for someone switching from Atkins to SDB? What do I need to know?

Thanks,
Katy
Old 02-04-2004, 03:30 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome!
Everything you need to know is in the Book, The Good Carb/Good Fat Guide and in the FAQ section of this Forum. You will have to change your thinking a bit from Atkins as we do not count carbs and even eat them! Be careful of fats too - full fat cheese, milk and yoghurt is not allowed.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:29 PM   #3  

I also switched from Atkins to SB. It takes some getting use to, afterall, you have conditioned yourself to NOT eat carbs. However, I am enjoying the fruit and yogurt that I missed on Atkins.

Good luck, I know you will like this diet much better!
Closed Thread