Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2001, 01:47 PM   #1  
Pink Thingy

Question

I have bought a Tae-bo video, which contains the instructional programme and then a workout - the tape was sold separately in the US.

Just looking for people's advice and comments on it's effectiveness. I have done the instructional a couple of times, but it leaves me really pooped and sweating like a horse. Is this normal or am I just too unfit

Thanks in advance
Old 03-28-2001, 10:44 PM   #2  

I bought the Tae Bo Gold (fro 40 and older) and it is not too much for me. I do sweat, but am not exahusted to the point I can't get my breath.
It depends on alot of things. Have you been exercising?
If you're going from doing nothing to doing Tae Bo, it may be too much.
The regular Tae Bo is harder than the Gold for sure!
There is a target heart rate for you to reach and not go over. I don't know what yours would be since I don't know your age, etc. You may have to work up to it slowly!

Anita
Old 03-29-2001, 02:56 AM   #3  
Fat Stomper

I have been doing Tae-Bo for almost five months now and feel great. I agree it can be quite a workout, but you'll be suprized how quickly you can make progress. I started out with the basic tape and have since moved on to the advanced. Whatever you do don't give up, just try to have good form and take it slow. All the huffing and puffing is well worth it. I started doing Tae-Bo at 296 and am now 250. I won't give Tae-Bo all the credit,but I know that it combined with a health eating plan has without a doubt aided my efforts. I hope this has helped some. Never give up on yourself. I know you can do it
Old 03-29-2001, 12:07 PM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

when I started ww I started TB. I think it really helped to trim down. It can be difficult and it is important to keep it at a comfort level for yourself so you sweat, but don't hurt yourself..... i love the floor work ... but sometimes do that part first so i can get through it all. My advice... Dust it off and get moving... have fun ...laugh at yourself and have a good sweat...but learn the instructional first.....you will need it to be safe for the rest of it.

have a good day
-L
Old 03-29-2001, 12:29 PM   #5  
Pink Thingy

Default Thank you...

i will dust the video down and try again tomorrow
Old 03-31-2001, 08:59 AM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hey Booty.... Just ckecking for dust.....

-L
Old 03-31-2001, 10:55 AM   #7  
Pink Thingy

Default Duster & Mr Sheen came out yesterday...

did the workout on Friday morning and boy did it kill me, but I did the whole tape and didn't skip or fast forward the bits I didn't like. Those round kicks sure do hurt
Old 04-01-2001, 11:49 AM   #8  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

I also have th Tae-bo gold. I haven't been able to do it all yet though. I need to get off my fanny and start doing it and start walking. It is kind of fun though. Good luck with it.....Sis
Old 04-02-2001, 08:21 AM   #9  

Default tae bo

I just want to say that I really enjoy doing tae bo. I try to do the long workout 4 times a week. I really enjoy the 8 min video when time is creaping up with me in the morning. I really don't enjoy working out, but after I do it I feel like I accomplished something. Walks don't do it for me. I would rather sweat my butt off in my private little basement.
Old 04-02-2001, 12:20 PM   #10  

Tae-Bo always makes me sweat A LOT more than just running or other exercise tapes. Especially at first, I couldn't do some of the kicking moves that had a lot of repetitions. I read somewhere that it burns around 400 calories a session, which is a lot. Running at my pace I usually burn around 250 calories a session. I don't know if those numbers are accurate or not, but it always made me feel good.

Megan
162.2/151.5/142
Old 04-03-2001, 12:45 AM   #11  

Hi! I must say I love Tae-Bo It helped me a couple of years ago to lose 35 pounds. And it really tones you. I have lost weight before without using it and I wasn't as firm as I was doing the TB tapes. They get allot easier. The more you do them. It doesn't take very long to see the effects either. Keep going. You will see.
Old 04-03-2001, 04:45 AM   #12  
Pink Thingy

Default Thank you...

all very much for taking the time to reply and for your advice. Much appreciated
Old 04-03-2001, 12:38 PM   #13  
Senior Tortoise

Do you have to have any special equipment to do these Tae Bo tapes? I'd heard you need some huge rubber ball or something, which has kept me from trying them out.

Also, is Tae Bo low impact? Or do you jump around?

Finally, are there any suggestions for which videos are best? I'm an intermediate beginner. I've been working out regularly doing other exercise videos since January 1st (guess what my New Year's resolution was?), and I'm still about 70 pounds overweight.

Thanks,

Lauren
Old 04-03-2001, 05:51 PM   #14  

hI, tHERE IS NO BALL IN TAI-BO. YOU NEED TO GET THE INTRO TAPE BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT THE BASIC VIDEO. i DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE IMPACT LEVEL IT IS TUFF AT FIRST. IT IS KICKING PUNCHING AND BOUNCING AROUND. I HEARD THERE WAS A GOLD TAI BO VIDEO FOR WOMEN OVER FORTY AND THAT IT IS EASIER TO DO THEN THE REGULAR. i AM NOT SURE IF THAT IS WHAT IT IS CALLED. THE ONLY EQUIPMENT YOU NEED IS WATER. AND DO IT WITH YOUR SHOES ON. I HOPE I HELPED YOU. I LOVE THESE VIDEOS SO MUCH I REALLY DON'T LIKE REGULAR AEROBICS WAY TO BORING. I FIND I GET EXCITED WHEN I AM DOING THEM BILLY BLANKS IS REAL MOTIVATING (AND NOT SO BAD TO LOOK AT EITHER )
Old 04-08-2001, 01:06 AM   #15  
Blondie34

Hi I have the Tae-Bo Gold I just bought it last week and I love it I am not very flexible on one side of my body for the some of the leg work but i always stiff even in high school. I got through it he doesn't push you and tell you just to march and come back in when you are ready I didn't have ihe instructional tape and I did ok. but of all the exercise tapes this is one of the best that I enjoyed doing. Talk to you all later have a great night

Closed Thread