Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 06:10 AM   #1  

Default Wonderful Wednesday -- February 4

Hi there! I can't believe it's Wednesday already...

Sarah -- Glad that you have a plan for dealing with your ex. And glad that you opened up to us about your slip. It's good to get those things out in the open as this disease thrives in secrecy and isolation. (((hugs)))

Chris -- So you want to help with my homework? Thanks, but I think I'll be okay. The problem isn't the problems(!); it's that the professor is pretty unorganized right now and is skipping around all over the place. He has asked us for some honest feedback about the direction the class is taking and seems genuinely willing to work with our suggestions. I guess that's definitely an advantage of being in the pilot group for this degree!

Strange question for Chris, Kat, and Jennelle -- Which step are you working now and how do you know when you are finished with it?! I'm almost through with all of the questions in the workbook with step one and have sent them to my sponsor. Will she let me know when I move on to step two or am I supposed to intuitively know when to do this? Sheesh...my intuition sucks! I may be in big trouble...I'll have to talk to sponsor about this.

Hello to Kat, Ellis, Jennelle, and Steph!

I'm off to get ready for work before the weather changes its mind around here! I'll touch base with you guys this evening.

Love and hugs,
Christy
Old 02-04-2004, 06:51 AM   #2  
Searching

Default I need to go to bed, I think I am too relaxed LOL!

Morning everyone!

Christy- Okay I will back off on trying to help with homework

When will I know I am done with Step 1? I suppose when I get done with these assignments and have shown a willingness to accept the fact that I am powerless over food and my life is truly unmanageable. I think in a way I have finished it, but since some of these questions my sponsor is asking are very painful this is probably what I need. Either way I don't worry about it, things happen in God's time, kinda like getting your Jeep

Sarah- Be careful of hanging with the ex too much, I think its great you want to be friends, but sometimes what our brains know doesn't follow our physical impulses if you get my drift

To the rest of you I wish a fabulous day. For some reason my early morning bath woke me up instead of readying me for bed. Plus my FP sponsor was a little upset that I didn't eat all my meals the other day, she wants me to get 3 meals in and if I skip my snack that is fine. So I ate my 3 meals and the last one was a single serving recipe for oatmeal blueberry muffins. Its sitting like a rock, I wonder if it ever will digest No wonder she likes this recipe, if you tried to make too much and overate or binged on it you would be in heck

Love you all!
Miss Chris
Old 02-04-2004, 11:09 AM   #3  

Default as usual...

a quick morning hello.

Sarah - Good for you for being honest about your eating. No ex is worth it.

Christy - Instinct has told me when I've been done with a step. At least so far (I am now on step 4). Plus my sponsor has given me great questions, assignments for each step which has really helped me cover them.

Chris - Wanna PM me that muffin recipe?

Have a great day, all!
Old 02-04-2004, 03:42 PM   #4  
Searching

Default Good Afternoon Ladies!

It's snowing again <Insert serenity prayer here >

Well check in everybody already I got a new piece of OA literature last night, a book called Abstinence. You know it just is too simple Refrain from compulsive overeating, now writing it and doing the footwork are 2 different things, but this book makes the idea of a lifetime abstinence seem more real to me than it did before.

Kat- I believe you already have the recipe dear pg. 104 of "The First Bite" substitute oatmeal for oat bran (what is oat bran? the bran of the oat) and the addition of Splenda is optional

Off to make a few calls!
LOVE YOU ALL and will be sending out V-day card list tonight!
Miss Chris
Old 02-04-2004, 06:31 PM   #5  

Default Checking in...

Chris -- I just reread my post from this morning...I didn't mean to come off "snarky" (love that word) about my homework. Yikes, I'm really blushing over here! Believe me, I'm sure I'll need help and lots of it before I get through this program. There's a reason I teach third grade, ya know! Hmmm...where's the foot in the mouth smilie?

Hey, I'd like the recipe for blueberry *lead* muffins if you're giving it out!

The Abstinence book is one of the first pieces of literature I bought from the OA website. It is good, isn't it?

Kat -- Intuition, huh? I knew I'd be in trouble if it was that! I'm interested in knowing some of the questions your sponsor (and your's too, Chris) have used with step one. So far I'm just using the ones in the workbook that goes with the 12 x 12.

I'm going to go and do some chores and nurse another headache. I'll try to check back in later!

Christy
Old 02-04-2004, 07:35 PM   #6  

Default Afternoon...

Christy - I should have been more specific. I really feel that our intuition is HP quietly guiding us. She let's me know when I need to move on. If you don't feel comfy moving on then you're probably not ready - but I would determine that with your sponsor.

I have part 1 of 12 (yes, I said 12) of my step 4 questions on my computer - I'll post them on the OA forum.

Chris - Yes, I have that book. I will try it out!

Isn't Abstinence a great book? The Wednesday f2f morning meetings that I sometimes go to read from that (and the OA book).

Jennelle, Steph, Sarah, Ellis - Yoo hoo!

Tomorrow I am giving my sponsor her candle while she celebrates her second birthday. I also got her a gift. She's admired several of my necklaces, which my friend's father made, so I had him make one for her. Hope she likes it.

I am going to try and make it to an online meeting tonight.

Hope you're all well.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:37 PM   #7  

Default Great meditation

February 4 "Inner Harvest"
Hazelden Meditation Series

What do you do when you want to do it all?

Our options open a universe of possibilities to us, but choosing between
them is sometimes overwhelming. For example, the prospect of a free day--one
that we can structure largely according to our personal preference--can fill
us with purpose fullness, excitement, or peace...or with anxiety and panic.

In our compulsiveness, some of us tend to fall apart without external
structures such as lengthy "to-do" lists and exhausting social schedules. In
the past, when I couldn't decide what to do with free time, I often turned
to food. Bingeing took care of the problem of how to spend the day. There
was soon no more day to spend!

Now I choose other activities, but I need to be selective, saying yes to
some and no to others. That's where I need to rely on the inner sense of
direction that develops through contact with my Higher Power.

I can't do it all. I will rely on my Higher Power to show me what's most
important today.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:21 PM   #8  

It's 5:15 pm Pacific time (8:15 eastern). The online meeting I am in is a beginner's one with questions during the first half and a share froma long time OAer for the second half. Come visit!

http://www.starchat.net/chat.php?chan=12step4coes

I'm KatVW - send me a message if you visit.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:43 PM   #9  

Darn, Kat! I wish I had seen this last post earlier! I'd love to go to a beginner's meeting. Do you know if they have these often?

Christy
Old 02-04-2004, 10:30 PM   #10  

Christy, I'm not sure. Maybe every Wednesday at 5:15 pacific? But I am guessing.

Off to see friends.
Closed Thread