Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 06:19 AM   #1  

Default Daily Thread -- Thursday, January 29

Good morning, everyone! I'm feeling a bit better this morning as I am not allowing myself to beat up on me.

It looks like we are going back to school this morning unless the superintendent comes to his senses within the next hour or so. The roads are still pretty terrible and I'm a bit frightened about trying to get off of our steep driveway. Chris, you winter super girl, don't be laughing at me now! God will take care of us so I will let Him handle this. He always does a better job than I can.

Good news. I have a new sponsor now. She is actually the one I was drawn to first, but I held back for what I thought were valid reasons. Again, trying to do something MY way instead of God's. Will I ever learn? So I won't need to post my food plan again, but thanks for bearing with me yesterday!

I'm off to make some coffee and breakfast. Stay warm and happy...wherever you are!

Lots of love,
Christy
Old 01-29-2004, 07:22 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Christy, I'm so glad you've chosen another sponsor! Be careful on those roads, girl.

Sorry... I'm rushing... I THINK I'm going to the Y this morning.
Back later... love to all...
Old 01-29-2004, 02:28 PM   #3  
Searching

Default Good Afternoon

I am really at peace this morning and for some reason this stills me and I have nothing to say. I am just happy to be.

Ellis- How was the Y?

Christy- I am no winter super girl, I just do what I gotta do. It is so awesome you found another sponsor already, keep us updated!!!!!!!

Much love,
Miss Chris
Old 01-29-2004, 07:30 PM   #4  

Default Hiya!

Christy - That's awesome about the new sponsor! How exciting. My sponsor is celebrating 2 years of abstinence this weekend. I am giving her birthday candle next week (candles and chips are given out at the Thursday meeting I attend).

Ellis - How was the Y?

Chris: Don't you love being at peace? I had a morning like that, too. It's such beautiful weather here and a few trees at work are actually blooming. What a beautiful life we are all honored to live!

Jennelle: Sorry for your rough day! It's a pity your friend was snarky with you. But it's awesome you shared with us and I am glad it helped!

Sarah - Howdy!

OK, final stages of cleaning have begun. Our friends arrive tomorrow (I have the day off, which rocks). We're just doing the final stages of picking up today and laundry. Doing it in spurts is so much easier - glad I did it this way.

Had a good f2f meeting today. It was on step 7.

I'll stop in later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:31 PM   #5  

Oh yeah, Happy 8 Months abstinence birthday to me.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:38 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Kat, aren't you going to ask me how the Y was?
It was REALLY good, thank you! Had a good weight workout, and then went on the treadmill for about 20 minutes and ran for 5 of them. And then I came home and ate every darned thing I could lay my hands on.
Congratulations on your abstinence, Kat!!

Hello Jennelle, Chris, Sarah and Christy...
Old 01-29-2004, 08:00 PM   #7  

Default Ellis

Yay for the and the !
Old 01-29-2004, 08:02 PM   #8  
Searching

Default Woo HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS KAT!!!!!!!!!!

Ellis- Willingness will come in its own time girl, keep praying and posting BECAUSE WE LOVE YOU!!!!! And on the workout!

I am off to meeting BBL!

Miss Chris
Old 01-29-2004, 08:12 PM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations, Kat! (and I love the word "snarky." I've never heard it before, but it's so descriptive!)

I am a little better today...still abstinent...struggling a little...I emailed my sponsor and talked to her about not "working it"...she said that I needed to call her every day. To tell you the truth, I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to call her every day. I think emailing her every day is plenty. I don't know why, but it pisses me off that I should even have to do THAT. I think it's a holdover from being so self-sufficient...I think I can handle it myself...obviously, THAT'S not true! Or maybe it's just because I don't like feeling like I have to report to somebody besides myself and my God.

I know I'm whining...and being snarky.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:53 PM   #10  

Hello again!

Kat -- Happy Abstinence Anniversary! Eight months is so awesome. Some day I'll get there, too.

Candles and chips? Not potato chips, I assume. Please say more about this! Man, I wish I had a f2f meeting to go to.

Ellis -- So...how was the Y? I hope you had on a better bra for all that running today!

Jennelle -- Hang in there, lady! Snarky, eh? You don't sound snarky. You sound a bit like me. Hmmm... Tomorrow is Friday, ya know!

Chris -- Glad you're feeling so peaceful today. Did you have a good meeting tonight?

Don't have a lot to say this evening. Tired and needing to do some step work before I fall asleep on the couch.

"See" you in the morning,
Christy
Old 01-29-2004, 10:09 PM   #11  

Default hello again

You are all so sweet! Thanks for the happy birthdays.

Chris - How was the meeting?

Jennelle: Sounds like your fighting HP a bit. See what it's like calling your sponsor every day - it might be painful at first and you may have to white knuckle it for a while, but I bet your HP knows best!

Christy: No potato chips! OA gives out colore, plastic chips for various months of abstinence (30, 60, 90 days, 6 and 9 months for the first year) and then a candle for each year of abstinence following that. It's very inspiring seeing different people getting chips/candles and listeing to them share.

You can also order your own chips from OA, if you want!

I did 5 loads of laundry (in an apartment complex, so it's a pain in the arse), but DH helped. Almost done. Tomorrow I am getting my nails and toes done before my friends arrive.

Patience is needed with everyone, but first of all with
ourselves

Last edited by KatSLP; 01-29-2004 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:29 PM   #12  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Oooh...Kat...I remember the days of apartment living...having to cart my laundry clear across the complex, 1 year old in tow, and having to bring along enough to keep him occupied because I didn't DARE leave my laundry there unattended for fear someone would either throw my wet clothes on the floor if they needed the washer (yes, that REALLY happened to me!) or steal my clothes.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:34 AM   #13  

Oooo, Jennelle, that takes the cake (abstinent cake ). We have stairs to contend with but no wee one and we can safely leave our clothes there as they wash.

OK, off to bed I go!

Closed Thread