South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 10:20 PM   #1  

Default Just Finished Day 1 - please tell me that I will feel better soon.

Omigod - I feel soooo cruddy right now. Tired. Head-achey. I managed to stick to the confines of the plan for the day - but it sure was a battle. And I feel so terrible. Does this WOE eventually make you feel energized/good?
Old 01-28-2004, 12:16 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

Well, lets see...I had a headache for the first 3 days, then it finally went away. I also noticed that I hadn't gone to the bathroom for a little while, took some Metamucil and now that is under control. I officially started Phase 2 Monday and I feel pretty good. I did notice the first 2 weeks that I was a lot tireder (is that a word? ) Can't tell if I am still tired from the diet, as I have messed up my sleeping schedule and need to get it back to normal.

I am not as hungry now and I don't think I am eating enough, so that could be the reason why I am tired... and that I am no longer getting those lovely sugar rushes throughout the day from all the crap I would eat. I think it is just an adjustment and I will eventually feel normal again and hopefully alot better since I will be losing some of this weight.

Don't give up!! Make sure you are eating if you are hungry! I ate several times during the day when I first started and still lost weight.

Good Luck!
Old 01-28-2004, 06:16 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, yeah, Daisy. That's normal. That's one bad headache, isn't it? Hang in there, hon... it'll pass.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:19 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Daisy it will get better hang in there. I had a wicked headache as well and was so tired I thought that I would fall asleep standing up.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:39 AM   #5  

Daisy,
Headache is normal. I have one myself! Isn't it great??? Its like giving up coffee (never!).
It'll pass.
Anne
Old 01-28-2004, 08:56 AM   #6  

I read on the South Beach Newsletter, that you should add a little salt to your diet if you are feeling cruddy. Who knows, could help.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:08 AM   #7  

Hi there
Yes it really does pass. Drink lots of water and imagine you are detoxing off of a really scary class A drug, and how heroic that is. Sugar really is tricky to get off for some people, but once you are free from it you will be much more in control of your life.

Dr A on SBD does not really talk in terms about sugar addiction, but I find it a helpful way to think about it, especially to get through the 'cold turkey' at the beginning.

Stick in there!
Old 01-28-2004, 09:20 AM   #8  
I got Madonna tickets!

Hey everyone,

Yeah, the headache is the absolute worse! I had one last night to the point that I was laying in bed in tears because it wouldn't stop. (BTW, this is day three of the diet for me.) Today there is just the throb of it in the side of my head, not nearly so bad. But it's a crazy pressure headache.

It's good to know that they do eventually stop!!!

Thanks again everyone for your help and inspiration.

Jennifer.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/206/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone,

If you have a little chicken broth (sodium) it will help your headache! Hang in there they will get better, the same thing happened to me when I started aitkens, now I am doing South Beach. Day 3 for me.

For constipation Flaxseed oil is wonderful for that.

Lori
Old 01-28-2004, 11:10 AM   #10  

Hey Daisy

As you can see, you are not alone!!

I, too, had a bad headache and felt achey and weird the first few days. At first, I was thinking- this cannot be good, what kind of diet puts you through this pain? But Clovey's advice really helped me- your body really is going through withdrawl. And you WILL feel, look, and BE better because of it.

I gave up caffiene once (yeah, I'm back on, so the story does lose SOME of its impact ) I even did it gradually, but let me tell you, that's a crappy feeling. But once I got past it- WOW! I never felt better, slept better, or had better energy. I think of this diet and regaining control over sugar and carbs similarly. I'm only just beginning Phase 2, but I can already tell that my energy levels are on a more even keel.

Also, those first few days, I just don't think I was eating enough. So I upped my portions a bit- or really just gave myself permission to eat a bit more. I don't think I ended up eating all that much more, but I just had to take the pressure off of eating itty-bitty portions. So EAT! Don't be hungry.

You CAN do it!
Old 01-28-2004, 12:47 PM   #11  

Hi Daisy,

Congratulations on starting SBD. I am half way though week 2 and I am starting to feel much better. I even noticed a better energy level this morning when I was working out. I definitely felt "different" the first few days. It gradually got better but it took longer than I had expected.

Hang in there. It definitely gets better!
Old 01-28-2004, 03:44 PM   #12  

Angry Hello

Hello all! Welcome Daisy! I'm just throwing my own two cents in-- I'm on Day 9 on SBD and believe me Daisy, the horrible feeling DOES pass. On Day 1-4 (or thereabouts) I felt soooo bad. Just achey and tired and awful. I was convinced that obviously I'm doing something wrong to my body and I should stop-- because who wants to kill themselves for a diet??!

But it DID pass and now I feel much better. I've lost 5 lbs and my craving for coke has completely left me. (Although the food is a little more difficult-- for whatever reason, I had a KILLER crave attack for powdered donuts last night that still hasn't completely gone away)

So don't give up!

On another note-- speaking of cravings and such...these message boards seem so upbeat and positive...doesn't anyone ever want to eat something they're not supposed to? Or just cheat a little bit? I feel like I'm the only one having these dark thoughts!

143/138/120
Old 01-29-2004, 12:50 PM   #13  

I have not started yet. what is the headache from, giving up the sugar?
Old 01-29-2004, 01:02 PM   #14  

Height: 5'-2"

Yes, that's it, Sumsitup.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:06 PM   #15  

it is so interesting how our body reacts to stuff
Closed Thread