South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 09:42 AM   #1  
I got Madonna tickets!

Smile Dipping my feet into the Beach.

Hi everyone,

My name is Jennifer and I live in Toronto. I am starting the South Beach today and am really excited about it. I am 31 and have about 30 pounds to lose to be at my ideal weight. It's not a ton, but it feels like it!

I guess the only question I have is about eating beans...I see that they are allowed on South Beach, does everyone eat them? Has anyone noticed it hampering their weight loss at all? I think being able to have them is great because you can eat them as a side dish, but I don't want to slow down my weight-loss.

Anyway, I packed a lunch and ate a hard-boiled egg and some cheese for breakfast (I don't like to eat in the morning, but I know I should so I am giving it a go). I will SUCCEED THIS TIME!!!!!!! I do not want to be heavy forever, and I am really ready to make the changes necessary to see that it happens.

I look forward to making friends and finding some much needed support throughout this process from everyone here. Your successes have inspired me already!

Thanks for listening,

Jennifer.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:07 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Hey Jennifer welcome to the beach! Pull up a chair and set a spell. I am not a bean eater (except pinto's) so I have no idea. But hey you have come to the right place to find out. Everyone here is great and full of info. Lookin forward to seein ya around the beach and watchin your weight loss progress! Good luck and stay in it!
Old 01-26-2004, 10:40 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Jennifer and welcome to The Beach.
Go ahead with the beans. They will help keep you regular and hold back the carb cravings.
Be sure to check out the FAQ section for lots of good information.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:39 AM   #4  

I eat beans on phase 1 - tons of kidney and black beans (well, in 1/2 cup portions). Only plain beans though. As I'm sure you know, baked beans have lots of sugar. I mix black beans with salsa and chopped cooked zuccini, peppers & onions. Works for me!
Old 01-26-2004, 12:52 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Jennifer! Lentils are good!
Old 01-27-2004, 09:02 AM   #6  
I got Madonna tickets!

Thanks everyone! I got through yesterday and am raring to go today. I find that my stomach is grumbly like I am hungry, but I am not. I think it's just trying to make me give into some french fries or something!

I have been reading through the different threads and this board seems great! I am really excited and hope to both find and offer support. I know this time I can lose these thirty pounds, I just need to stay focused and positive.
Thanks again everyone...have a great day!
Old 01-27-2004, 01:02 PM   #7  

Hey Dynna,

Welcome to the Beach You will make it- what an attitude! But don't feel bad if you don't feel like that each and everyday, that's when coming to the beach can help most, IMHO, and I've been coming a week or so!

If you're tummy is grumbling, maybe you are hungry?? Keep eating! I've been keeping cut up veggies and pistachios with me all the time.

On the beans, a bunch of chicks have been making chili, and I think they're doing great. I just made my own today, we'll see how it comes out! Look for the recipe in the recipe forum.

Welcome, welcome, hope to see more of ya! Or less, actually.

Last edited by luckyredlisa; 01-27-2004 at 01:23 PM.
Closed Thread