South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 12:56 PM   #1  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Wink Hi, another newbie!

Hey guys, I've been lurking the past week or so and have been reducing my simple carbs for 3 days now..am already feeling better so it's going well. I read up on South Beach but I'm not on it to a "T". I'm kind of doing my own thing instead; it sounds very similar but I am not shying away from higher fat items as well.
Problem is, I don't fit with the low-carbers b/c I am eating small portions of ww pita, brown rice, etc. Do you guys mind if I join in here? BTW I am always searching for new recipes and your recipe archive is amazing, please don't beat me if I try to post a recipe that I thinkk "fits" but isn't 100pct legal SBD as I'm not totally familiar with it, yk?
Anyway, my story is, I'm 27...started at 175, got pg went up to 208, 3 weeks after birth of ds was 170...due to reducing simple carbs and illness am now 148. Would like to see the scale at 115-125 (it's been so long since I've seen that size I really don't know the perfect weight for my frame anymore LOL) but I'm only 5'2" so I'm tired of being a chubber!!
That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it
Natalia
Old 01-25-2004, 01:22 PM   #2  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hi Natalia-

These boards are a wonderful support system. Come join us in the chit chat thread. All that should matter is HEALTH, weight loss is a side benefit, so if what you are doing is working then do it by all means! I think we all continue to tweak the program until we find what works for each of us.

Welcome to the beach!
Old 01-25-2004, 04:18 PM   #3  

Hi Natalie! I think you will find that a lot of us are somewhere between Atkins and South Beach. I hate counting the carbs, which makes SBD great, but there are times when I just have to have full-fat cheese or a fattier piece of meat. I'm healthy, losing, and loving it so it is all good! Anyway, welcome and please feel free to share your recipes.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:18 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Natalie! Of course you can join us! Just don't tempt us with your pita bread.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Natalie,

I'm not entirely SBD either. It's such a relief to have support tho. I was going to try out TOPS this week. They don't support one plan over another but I am basically looking for emotional support, like I am here.

Cassie
Old 01-25-2004, 11:55 PM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Thumbs down

Hey Natalie, Welcome to the beach. becareful the sand gets hot in the sun all day! Great support system. Everyone here is great!
Old 01-26-2004, 05:38 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach, Natalia. There's lots of support and fun here. Be sure to check out the Recipes and FAQ sub-forums for ideas and changes to the plan.
I don't think we have too many angels in here who are on pure SBD. That's the advantage of this plan, it is forgiving, i.e., you don't have to worry about going out of ketosis. Hmmmm....whole wheat pita is fine on Phase II.
Closed Thread