Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 11:32 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #113

I'm still down in my back... can't hardly get up and down. Been to the quarterly association meeting all weekend. That's when all the churches in our association get together to carry on 'business' and 'fellowship'. Too many people in one place. We went with some other people (actually they went with us since we have a van.) Went out to eat, etc. Went to breakfast this morning (too early for me!) I'm pooped.

Hope you are all having a good weekend. I'm just too tired. I worked all day Wednesday and Thursday getting everything at home done so I could go to this association thing Friday and Saturday and all that has about done me in. Still gotta get through Sunday and then drive to Nashville to the Rheumatologist on Monday. Have to work on Tuesday... maybe I can take Wednesday off and die!
Old 01-25-2004, 07:10 AM   #2  

Feel better and rest Meme-you know how worn out we get when we do extra!!!And you do extra all the time. Going to a different Baptist church today-there sure are a lot of them down here. I always go to my favorite Catholic one-been going there for years-it's a nice one-huge!!!Don't know anyone!!Weather is still gorgeous-going to my DIL's mothers for her birthday. Brad is building this huge drawer under the bed-it's going to be great. Getting used to being in the small space.It's got everything we need. Bye for now. Mima
Old 01-25-2004, 01:13 PM   #3  

Hi Guys, I am still here. Have not eloped or anything yet. oooops. I can't. I am still legally married. Yes, I am in love but still in lust too. This is a different relationship for me. All my life I have been paired with men who reminded me of my father. Emotionally distant. Guarded. Manly men. This guy is the opposite. A talker, he wears his heart on his sleeve. He still buys me flowers and leaves lunch for me at my house at least two times a week. He is sweeping me off my feet. AND...he keeps telling me that I am not fat. That it is all in my head. But, we both went to low carb. I just cheated and had rye bread. We are going to a party tonight and will have prime rib. I want a baked potato with sour cream so bad.
I don't use my home computer much at all. This AOL is a pain. I could not get on today for a while.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:49 PM   #4  
RAR

HI! Everyone hope you are having a great weekendhope everyones aches and pains are going by now I think this weather has a lot to do with this been putting up with hubbys bad back this weekendLOL so have a great weekend Rita
Old 01-25-2004, 07:00 PM   #5  

Default Hey There

Ally- This guy sounds too good to be true..Glad you are still having fun. I am on the low carb and I too crave the pasta and potatoes. I have about 5 more lbs to go so I am trying to hold out.
Rita- Men and their complaints are always hard to deal with. Now when we get a back ache! I have vacumned and mopped the kitchen and bath today and with a aching back. Of course I did very little but fix meals and sit with the heating pad the rest of the day.
Candice-How are you?
Meme- Rest!..Lord knows you need it. I could never do what you do now.It must be something with the weather and our backs.Mine has been hurting for several days..
Hello Happy,Mima ,Happy Bye..Joanne
Old 01-26-2004, 12:47 AM   #6  

I did rest a little this afternoon. Came home from church and laid down for a couple of hours ... didn't want to get back up! We had a lot of visitors at church this morning and tonight, too. I almost didn't go but now I'm glad I did. (They need me for the music!) It's raining a cold rain here ... the worst kind for fibro and arthritis. Hurts me all over! I have to drive to Nashville tomorrow, hope is has stopped raining by then. I hate to drive in the rain, plus I can't take pain pills and drive ... get to sleepy. Going to be a looooong day!

Extreme sympathy for all those with back pain. I can't sleep. And if I take something and DO sleep for longer than a few hours, when I wake up I can't move.

Ally, you should dump AOL ... nothing but trouble ... and get on something else. Earthlink is good.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:08 AM   #7  

Good morning-I have been sleeping more than 8 hours down here. I hear the North is getting some bad weather. Hope our ice doesn't back up. I think I am going over to the pool this am and Tai Chi this pm. Healthy day. I have to bike ride over. Hey Meme-I bought something on e-bay for the first time. 2 English teapots for my dil's birthday. Got them both for the price of one. Only problem, I can't get my paypal account activated-they want this number from my Visa account-debit actually- and ot's not posted yet. I need the items for next week. Busy week-Alison is in her spelling bee wed and we are going to a Gaiher concert Thurs night. Across the street practically. Wow Ally-I know how you feel because that was me 2 years ago. still in love but lust slows down-good thing-I have stuff to do!!!Ha!!!Cutting out a baby quilt for new grandchild. Stay healthy guys. Everyone come to FL in the winter-right Joanne. Bye Mima
I get my
Old 01-26-2004, 10:19 AM   #8  

Default Hey There

I think the happy people are the one's coming to Fl.Mima .I love to look at pictures of the winter weather up there ,but, I am sure I wouldn't want to live in it. I can't understand anyone trying to get around in it staying there.Ofcourse Fl. cannot hold everyone..
Meme- Hope your pain eases up soon. My back feels better ,and , if it doesn't rain I will get out and walk my rt. to the beach.
I have a quilt started,just in the early stages. It will take me forever to embroidery the center blocks. I am not consistant with it. I always have more than one project going. I read a lot too. Along with my plan to lose these last few pounds ,it will get done. Probably not in as a timely manner as I would like or should do.
Hello everybody..Joanne
Old 01-26-2004, 04:43 PM   #9  
RAR

Good afternoon everyone I see we are still having back aches of course we are having bad weather(Ohio) and everyone is complaining in this area still taking care of hubby grouchy!!!!!!!!! so am glad when I go to work tuesday at the hospital he will have to fend for himself so have a great Monday!!!!!!!!!!! Rita
Old 01-27-2004, 01:41 AM   #10  

Safe trip to Nashville and back ... no rain. Dr. wants me to have a MRI of my ankle ... couldn't get that set up until Feb. He told me to stop taking the Methotrexate until my back gets better, guess it makes it worse for some reason. Said rest for a week or so and take Robitussin DM for my cough ... said the cough was making it worse (tell me something I didn't already know ... I've been coughing for 26 days now!) Hubby went to town and got me the Robitussin after I got home (even though I tried to get him to just wait and get it on his way home from work tomorrow) and then ORDERED me to take the rest of the week off. So... looks like I'm going to get some much needed rest whether I want it or not!

Mima ... you can use your credit card on ebay. It's usually safe. I do it all the time. I don't like them messing around in my bank account. Actually, I have a bank account set up just for trading on ebay but I usually only use it for selling, not for buying. I try to keep under $200 in it so if anyone gets into it they can't get much! I have a Capital One no hassle card so if anyone does access the numbers I don't have to pay and I've never had a problem. But ... I DID have a problem with my bank account once! I bought some tapes and someone kept 'pinging' my bank account trying to get the exact same amount as the tapes. They tried 8 times. I finally had to just close my ebay bank account out and start all over. That's why I usually use a credit card to buy, most thieves would rather steal from bank accounts than from credit card companies ... it's easier! And it's HARDER for you to get your money back from a bank than from a credit card company!!! I never did get my money back from the bank but I've called credit card companies about fraud and THEY have gotten my money back for me twice!!! Once was a hair product this company kept sending me. I sent it all back and they never did refund my money. It was nearly $200 and the credit card company called them ... they called and apologized and refunded all my money.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:53 AM   #11  

I used my debit card # but i still don't have that deposit and the 4 digit 3. Seller is patient-If I don't have it by tpmprrow, I'll send a check to her. I wanted the items by Jill's bd but I can show her a pic. It's going to RAIN today but snow back home.So I won't complain. I have 3 projects going Joanne, a baby quilt, a knitted scarf and I need to start my needlepoint. Yesterday Brad helped the neighbor next door put in a water heater and they took us out for Chinese last night. Only problem was I had a stomache ache during the night and didn't sleep well. People are so nice around here but I guess we are too. Can't believe a whole month has gone by. I went swimming yesterday morning and Tai Chi in the afternoon. LOVE that class-very relaxing and good stretching-doesn't hurt my ribs which is so important. We are quite far from the clubhouse so I ride my bike but my butt hurts-gotta fix the seat somehow. I already bought a bigger seat so I ned to adjust it somehow. Take care people. I wonder how Anagram is doing? Mima
Old 01-27-2004, 08:39 AM   #12  
RAR

HI! Everyone Meme glad your trip was safe and you are back right now Ohio is really having nasty weather I have to go out in it and just hate the thought sorry about your back maybe with a week rest it will do wonders cant hubbys be sweet at timesLOLMima sounds like you were engerized yesterday hope you will have another day like yesterday well better get my boots and ice scraper and get movin as the work isnt going to do itself so everyone have a great tuesday got to work the next 3 days I am just grateful that I didnt have to go out so have a great day Rita
Old 01-28-2004, 06:28 AM   #13  

Hi I found my numbers and typed them in wrong so now I have to call Paypal-if I can't get it straightened out, I wil get a check. It's cool here -but it's not snowing. Stay safe in the snow. Mima Going to Alison's spelling bee.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:53 AM   #14  

Default Hey There

It is 57 degrees here at 10 am . It was supposed to get in the low 40's/high 30's but I don't think it did.
I am having a small problem with my back. I have been sitting with a heating pad most of the week.It only hurts now when I move.
Life goes on. I have shopping to do and Tops tonight. I hope I can turtle.
I won't bore you with small stuff..You all have A Great Day...Joanne
Old 01-29-2004, 10:23 AM   #15  

Hi. Meme, sorry you are laid up with your back. Not nice. Mine has been going in spurts of pain, but it seems it is ALWAYS there anymore. Arthritis is having a fun time back there, I guess. It is better than it was a month ago. Today, the sciatic nerve is giving me grief - bigtime. Pain down the whole darn leg and into my foot!!!!! I guess I will put some ice on it. I was awake more than asleep from the pain.

Mima - glad you are sleeping good. It is so important. I hope you get to meet Joanne. That would be nice.

Joanne - 57 degrees is cold for you, isn't it? The other night it was 40 below zero here and the daytime highs have only been -30 below. It is like living in a deepfreeze at the moment. This sill has a few days of life in it before we move on to our heatwave. This is when 0 feels like heaven The extreme cold should kill of a lot of flu bugs and such.

Rita - Have some good days at work. Too bad you had to go out in the nasty weather. We haven't had much snow yet, but that is going to come when it starts to warm up again.

Candice - where are you? Are you doing ok.

Ally in love/lust - hope things are going well for you.

I am NOT going outside the door again today. Haven't been out, except Monday night, went for some groceries. Hubby has been taking my car because it is pretty new and a chance of less trouble, so I am carless. I can't drive his as it is a standard shift. Never did learn how to drive one of those.

Have a nice day everyone.
Closed Thread