Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 07:28 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Daily Thread - Weekend 1/24 and 1/25

Morning, all.

Ahhh, nothing says good morning like getting woken up by your 2 cats who see an animal on your patio at 4 am.

I am hoping to go back to bed but now I am wide awake. Got to love the internet for those sleepless nights!

Chris - What an awesome and inspiring post. I love hearing how someone is struggling BUT turns to HP and the OA tools to get through it. It's wonderful. So yay you!

Today (well, yesterday now - Friday), was a good day. I had 4 different people tell me that I looked great/looked thinner. That made me feel good. And it's all due to my HP and the beautiful abstinence I have been allowed to keep because of her guidance. My weight loss may be at a snail's pace but it's there and I am slowly getting healthier. Treating my body like it should be treated. One Day At A Time.

I never did my tough yoga workout. My looming cold made me pretty zonky so I thought it would be best I rest. I am pretty bummed I didn't get several hours of sleep straight through, but oh well.

I hope this post finds everyone having a blessed Saturday!
Old 01-24-2004, 07:32 AM   #2  

Default Weekend Thread -- January 24 & 25 -- It's FINALLY Here!

Hey gals! I went back to yesterday's thread, and it looks like a sloooow day on the boards here. We're all such busy little bees, aren't we?

Ellis -- Thanks for the reality check on my winter weather whining! You northerners are from some hardy stock...part polar bear or penguin, I imagine. Glad your book is coming along okay. How's South Beach going?

Jennelle -- Wow, March 6! That's coming up fast. I'm sure you'll do fine! Have you already had some library based courses in your undergrad years or is there even such a thing? I love going into our library. It's in the new wing of our building that just opened up a year and a half ago. Huge and bright with a whole wall of floor to ceiling windows. Almost makes me want to be a librarian just to stay in there all day.

Kat -- A cold around all those kids is inevitable, isn't it? My first year teaching I was sick ALL the time.

How long is your strength training yoga video? I'm doing pretty well getting through my 45 minute and 20 minute ones. They relax me so much and I'm always pleasantly surprised by the twinges of soreness that I have afterward. I'm not really flexible so this is helping, I think!

Chris -- Good job on avoiding the brownie! Shame on you for trying to make the poor guy all hot and bothered with your questions!

I have a food story from yesterday, too. We had a going away party for one of the teacher's who is taking a job with the state DOE. Cake, nuts, party mix, punch. I hadn't put it in my plan because I didn't want to go there. I was the ONLY faculty member who didn't jump in line to go get some goodies. It made me so uncomfortable I had to get up and leave for awhile and then come back when there were other people seated. I didn't mind not having any food when I went back. It was just being the ONLY person still seated while they were serving themselves that bothered me. Strange...

I took a huge, hot bubble bath last night and feel so wonderful this morning! I'll be getting out the nail polish later to do my toes and I'm thinking of making an appointment to have my acrylic fingernails put back on. They always make me feel so girly and happy when I look at them!

It's a busy day here: big girl has a basketball game, have to get groceries, and we're going to look at trading vehicles. I'm going to do what I can and let go of the rest. After all...tomorrow is anutha day.

Have a good one, ladies. Take care of yourselves!

Later,
Christy
Old 01-24-2004, 07:35 AM   #3  

Default What are the odds?

That an east coast gal and a west coast gal would start the weekend thread at the same time?

Take care of that cold and try to get some rest, hon! I hope you can get back to sleep this morning!

Hugs,
Christy
Old 01-24-2004, 07:38 AM   #4  

Default I posted a weekend thread too!

Looks like we did it at the same time.

Here's my post. Any replies, let's put into Christy's (this) thread.

Christy - the video is an hour. It's not a typical yoga workout at all - she even counts "reps". There are several on Video Fitness who do not like it but I wanted to give it a try (there are people who like it, too). I have previewed it and it looks hard/challenging. I don't think the counting (or the alternative yoga feel) will bug me, either.

Good for you for getting up from the table! That's awesome!

I should put my acrylics back on. They make me feel prettier, too - plus I chew on my real nails big time. Is there a Nail Biters Anonymous?
Old 01-24-2004, 07:42 AM   #5  

Default Lol!

I thought it was funny, too. Let's use your thread as the main weekend one (would be easier than both).

I hope I go to bed soon, too.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:35 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Two weekend threads...
I'm just being kicked off the computer by a little 8-year old. I will be back later...
I love all of you!
Old 01-24-2004, 09:36 AM   #7  
Searching

Default What was once 2 has been made one!

I finally used a Mod thing here, took me a minute to figure out but everything fully merged by time stamp. Pretty cool huh?

MORNING LADIES!!!!

Ellis- I would stand up for yourself, you need me to have your back against all 8 year olds

Christy- I find that weird too. Like they served gross breakfast at Hazmat training all week and every break people would be up milling around stuffing their faces. I would go pee and get more water. Its like if your not being social with the food, you not being social I am sure someday it won't bother me.

Good for you for getting in the bath. I like the acrylics too, but too much up keep. I am thinking about doing press-ons tonight. Once you have had the real thing it feels like an 8 year old playing dress-up.

I am going to the holiday party at work tonight. My FP sponsor is going to help me find something to wear. Got to tell you all about my bizarre closet a few 24's (now gone, given away at OA retreat), one 22 (not including work pants), some 20's, a few 18's, NO 16's, and then I have 12 and 14's . So what the **** have I been wearing the last 7 years?

Kat- Thank you, I never think I could be a good story. You know its just my Experience, Strength, and Hope So you actually watch the video before doing it, I don't have that kind of patience

Hi Jenelle See ya later girl.

Much love to all of you,
Miss Chris
Old 01-24-2004, 10:22 AM   #8  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Chris - Sounds like my closet...enough 20s and 18s to have a work wardrobe, tons of 16s, no 14s (guess I skipped it!), tons of 12s, some 10s and 8s in pants, and one lone size 6(!) dress that I will never fit into again.

Christy - the social food thing...I feel that way, too! I usually just head for the drink line and get a diet drink or some unsweetened iced tea. As far as the library gig, I wasn't an education major, so I didn't take any library media courses. However, I did practically LIVE in the library as an English major! (Each semester my senior year I took four upper level English classes )

Hello to Ellis and Kat
Old 01-24-2004, 02:34 PM   #9  

Default Definitely can tell I don't have kids...

I finally fell back asleep at 6:30 am. And I just got up (yup, it's 11 am! ).

Chris - Look at your magical moderator powers! Good luck at that holiday party. What holiday is it for? HP will be there to guide your food choices.

My largest size was probably a 16 but I never bought one. I wore clothes that were too tight or flowing dresses. I am now a size 12 and have a pair of goal jeans hanging in my closet that are a size 8. I am a short person and looking back at pictures of me in those jeans I look healthy. I was a skinny size 5 my teen years but I won't kid myself about that. Although people are saying sizes are getting bigger in some stores. Who knows.

Hiya Jennelle!!!

Today DH and I are going out for a late breakfast and then I am cleaning for a good part of the day (we're having guests stay with us next weekend). Plus reading. I am now on the follow up to Game of Thrones, called Clash of Kings. The first book was over 800 pages, this one is almost 1000. The third one is even longer. Good thing I read fast!

Have a beautiful day!
Old 01-24-2004, 07:29 PM   #10  

Hey all!

Ellis -- I don't see any other posts from you...it looks like the eight year old must have beaten you in the battle for the computer! Hope you're keeping warm!

Jennelle -- That's a lot of English courses! I'd say you know your way around a library pretty well!

Kat -- Glad you were able to get back to sleep. It sounds like you had a busy day on tap.

Chris -- I knew you were in a different time zone, but I had no idea that New Year's was just now getting to Nebraska! Seriously, I've gotta know what holiday y'all are celebrating on Jan 24!

It's been a good day here. Basketball game was fun. Groceries are bought. We test drove a couple of cuuute Jeep Liberty SUVs. I'm so excited! This is the first time I've gotten to pick a new vehicle with just what I want on it. We haven't bought one yet...maybe by next weekend.

I'm off to do a pedicure and then snuggle with my hubby.

Later,
Christy
Old 01-24-2004, 09:24 PM   #11  

Christy - I was lazy and never cleaned. But I will tomorrow. So my day was mainly relaxing, hanging out online, reading, etc....

Your car shopping sounds like fun!

I did my new Hard Body Yoga DVD. It was tough and I know I'll feel it tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is well.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:44 AM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

Sorry... I'm here... I'm going to my parents' place to have a coffee with my sweet Dad. (and mom ) And to pick up my DD... she's been having a sleepover there. I'll be back later...
love you all!
Old 01-25-2004, 10:53 AM   #13  

Morning all,

Made it to an online meeting last night. It was good to be there.

Today I am cleaning like a good girl.

Need a smile this morning? Check out this cute link (need volume on - non-OA link).

Have a good day!
Old 01-25-2004, 11:48 AM   #14  
Searching

Default Good Morning!

I love ya'll! I was so happy to see everyone when I woke up this morning.

Last night I went to my work's holiday party it was very nice and I was very pretty. My FP sponsor let me borrow this royal blue sweater with a little fur ruffle around the top. My DH took pictures (its on the same camera as my princess date, so as soon as I get it developed I will show ya'll. )

Kat- My HP was totally with me and the food last night. I had my 5 min pity party when it came to the desserts and then HP led me to be sociable and I forgot all about it.

My cleaning will be my unmanageable dresser. I have a beautiful dresser covered in everything today I want to start organizing it. Baby steps

Ellis- Your being too quiet. S you better come back later and at least tell us how your weekend was. Maybe a report, "How I Spent My Jan 24 Weekend " by Ellis

Christy- How was your pedicure and snuggle Me and my DH snuggled last night I really miss him sometimes.

Jenelle- I gave that dress away a while ago, I couldn't stand looking at it anymore. My DH had bought it, it was black and Japanese cocktail dress inspired. It was tight on my boobage then I can't imagine now.

Where is my boobage anyway, I put on my corset yesterday and it can't hold my boobs up anymore, I must have stretched it out too much

I love ya'll! I will BBL!
Miss Chris
Old 01-25-2004, 12:42 PM   #15  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Chris - I have an ugly dresser covered in junk! I don't know what it is about bedroom furniture...I guess because no one else ever sees it. We got our dressers back when we lived in San Diego, used out of a friend's garage. So, they're 17 years old and then some! I want new bedroom furniture, but it's at the bottom of the list.

Kat - I tried to click on the link, but it said I was forbidden to access that page.

Hello to Christy and Ellis!

I am doing fine with the food, but have hit that time of the school year where I'm beginning to resent all the extra after hours work a good teacher has to put in. Ugh. I have a good amount of work to do and no motivation to do it!
Closed Thread