Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 12:57 PM   #1  
Movin' to the Country!

Default Stay at Home Mom's #120

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
Old 01-23-2004, 01:04 PM   #2  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey! Spryng, glad the scale didn't bite you this morning!!! Sounds pretty good actually!!! I'm gonna try the wax. I could definitely go for less leg hair! As regards the oriental cuisine, my step-grandmother is Korean and I learned alot from her. The rest I just wing. I am a pretty good cook and do well flying by the seat of my pants! Hope your DH makes it in soon!

Welcome 3 kids and Missy! I am Candy, sahm to Sean 4 and Kylie 2. I am planning on another next year. I also work full-time from home doing medical billing but I am hoping to quit within the next year or so. I started out with 30 lbs to lose, gained over the course of 2 pregnancies but I am down by 12 lbs, only have 22 to go!!! I hope we can be of some encouragment to you both.

We chat daily (most of the time) at a website for mom's. Here's the address, feel free to drop in or post some pictures of yourselves and family. Currently you'll find pictures of Spryng, Geri and myself. Address is: http://groups.msn.com/MomslosingWeight/homepage

Ok, I forget what else I was gonna say. Problem with starting a new thread! I am getting quite a bit done. I have the office left and Sean cleaned his own room so I have a little tweaking to do in there. TTYL!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 01:58 PM   #3  
burned out bus driver

Candy- thanks for starting a new thread!! What time do you usually chat??? Maybe next week, when my schedule settles down I might be able to check in. Opps- I forgot, Ds and Dd will be home a lot with midterms.......so maybe not!!!! LOL

Welcome Missy and 3kids! This is such a great thread- I am looking foward to getting to know you better. I am a mom of 3 , 2 teenagers and an 8 year old (who was 4 when I started here, I think!) I am part time employed as a transportation expert......ok, a school bus driver. I've been on WW for 11 months and am down 30+ #s. Thanks Missy- your recollection of the program is excellent. I walk a lot for excercise.

Spryng- congrats on the 1# down. Andrea and Geri- how are both of you today!?
Gotta go make meatballs for dinner....I am having leftover Ranchero Shepards pie- a favorite recipe of mine and only 4 points a serving. If anyone wants the recipe, I can leave it later. Gotta go- sorry for being brief.
Ginny
Old 01-23-2004, 03:58 PM   #4  

Heya Ecmom and CandyBar! Thanks for the new thread!

Candybar, WTG with the weight loss. You seem to be doing great. I like the names of your children. You want another huh.. more power to ya! My son's name is Christopher. We mainly call him Chris though. He's 8 months. We aren't having anymore children. Chris is our pride and joy. Thanks for the link. I will definitely check it out!

Hey ECMOM, thanks for the welcome. Wow, you've been a member here for a great while! Glad WW is working for you. It definitely does work if one follows the program. I think it is good for people that don't want to be restricted from foods. That's why a lot of people fail because they feel so restricted and WW doesn't do that at all. I just didn't like the counting up this and that, LOL! Talk about lazy. Oddly enough though I have the WW program on my Palm Pilot and occassionally I punch numbers in there hee hee! So I do remember a lot about the program because I see it on my Palm almost everyday. I never took it off. My husband said he thought I should do WW (this coming from a man that's never been not even one pound over weight in all his 37 years of life) again.

His thing is that he doesn't want me to feel bad because I can't eat certain things and he knows on WW you can eat everything and anything as long as you don't go over those points and he thinks that idea is great. LOL!

MEATBALLS FOR DINNER! HHHHHMMMM HMMM You're killin' me here! Are you doing the meatballs in a sandwhich type deal or are you making pasta with it ? I lova tha meataballzz! Oh I used to make Sheppard's Pie. It's really good. There was a recipe that came with my WW at Home kit that I had, still have it as a matter of fact. I haven't made Sheppard's Pie in eons though. Maybe I will pull out that old recipe and make some within the next few weeks. And 4 points a serving is a good deal!

Well good luck to you on WW. Keep going! I know I am with my little home-made diet. Who knows though. I might bust out thee old WW at Home program is I hit a plateau or something. Right now I am focused on low-carb. Not the Atkins.. just low carb intake.

Missy777
Old 01-23-2004, 05:16 PM   #5  

Hey Gals!!!
It feel very weird to be doing my first post of the day at 4:00! I went to town this morning with a friend and I've been madly dashing around the house trying to get things cleaned up for Dh. YES!!! Dh is coming home today!!!!!!! YIPEEE!!!!!!

Spryng, I hope you and Dh are having a great day and I hope you are getting to make up for all of those missed kisses.

WELCOME MISSY!!! You are going to love this group of ladies! They are such great support and great friends!! I am Andrea a SAHM of 2 boys Andrew 6, and Alex 2.

Don't have time to get personal right now, to much to do! HI to everyone and I'll check back later!
Old 01-23-2004, 05:24 PM   #6  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone,
This sounds like a fun group. I'm a sahm of Reina 2 and Devin 1. My husband is in Iraq right now and I have about 20 more lbs to lose. My biggest problem with the weight loss is trying to find time to exercise. I also lack willpower at night. I was doing so good losing weight. Devin has a dairy allergy and I was breastfeeding so all dairy was off limits for me. It helped me lose 20 lbs. Then I stopped breastfeeding when he turned 1 and I have gained a few lbs back. So, now I want to work that weight and more off. I have a treadmill but I'm scared that Devin will try to hop on or something. We're living in Germany right now, we moved here from Texas in August 2002. My DH and I are thinking about having another. If we do I would like to have one soon, I love that Reina and Devin are only 16 months apart. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:10 PM   #7  
Movin' to the Country!

Hi Lori! Welcome! Germany, WOW! How is it there? I've never been outside of the USA. My mom's dad was stationed in Germany when she was 4 years old but she doesn't remember much. I'm Candy, sahm of Sean, 4 and Kylie, 2. I also work full-time from home doing medical billing. I also have about 20 lbs to go. I did well when I was breastfeeding also, but gained after quitting at 16 months with Ky. Hope you will find the support you need to get off the last 20 lbs.

Missy, thanks about the kids names. They are Irish. Even though Barton is English, I love it with Irish or Scottish names. So it's Sean Michael and Kylie McKenna and if I have another it will be Camryn McKenzie for a girl or Shane (don't have a middle name yet) for a boy. More info than you asked for, sorry!!! So glad your eating plan is working for you. I was also doing WW's but started another plan for health reasons and it is helping with the weight too so I have put WW's on hold until a future time should I need it. You mentioned your DH is 37, how old are you? We have friends who have 1 child and won't have anymore as they were 35 when they got pregnant and the baby was born 9 weeks premature. Now that the little girl is almost 3 though, they are constantly seeking out company for her because she doesn't have anyone to play with.

Ginny, we usually chat at 3pm eastern though I have been bad about making it over there this past week. You can just stop in for a few minutes. I don't think any of us ever stay longer than 1/2 hour. I guess it will be a matter of you getting your turn at the 'puter, huh?

Well, Spryng and Andrea, hope you are enjoying the hubbies. Mine is knocked out on the couch. I'm fixin' to turn in. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 01-24-2004, 09:16 AM   #8  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies!

Spryng and Andrea .... yeah it's the weekend!!! Hope you have wonderful visits with your Dh's.

Welcome Lori, Missy and 3 kids. I'm Geri, Mom to 2 boys, Will 2 and Tony 8 months. I'm 40 so I'm the old lady of the group . This is a great group of women who support each other in weight loss and every other aspect of life. That being said...

Never made it on yesterday. Had an emotional breakdown of sorts. Tony's teething and hasn't been sleeping much at all (Ricci, sorry your boys are still sick....I hope they get better real soon!). He's just a cat napper so I can't catch up on my sleep during the day. Will doesn't nap anymore unless we get outside and I can run him ragged and it's been way to cold lately. Anyway, they were both pushing every single one of my buttons yesterday. Dh was sweet enough to make dinner while I was feeding the kids and I just started crying right there at the table. Probably because 5 minutes before that I told DH I wanted to leave and never come back . I pulled out the calendar and I have a week more to go before TOM so it better be coming early or I'm going to have one long week ahead of me!!. Dh let me go to bed early last night. I didn't have to sit up with Tony at all but he has a horrible habit of waking up every 1-2 hours wanting his pacifier but hasn't figured out how to find it himself...so I don't remember the last time I slept longer than that at one time. This morning Dh says did you get any sleep? I said yep except for having to get up to do the nook thing. He never heard him and thought he had slept through the night. I told him he doesn't have mommy ears . I'm feeling much more stable this am and will be going off to spend a couple of hours by myself this morning. Going to go get some paint charts to try to find what I want in the bathroom.

Spryng, I got the JC Penny catalog the other day and they had a bathroom that was painted kind of a pale aquamarine and then accented in bright turquoise and lime green and bright orange. Sounds kind of funky but looks really cool! Glad your WI went well. I didn't think one 4.5 pt overage was going to hurt that much

HI to Candy and Ginny and anyone else out there. Ginny, please post the recipe. Always looking for good eats.

Thanks for listening ladies!! Have a great Saturday.

TTYL
Old 01-24-2004, 09:19 AM   #9  
2BoysMom

I do the WW thing too but I'm not always good at journaling my food. Makes it tough to keep track of points that way!! I does work though. Need to lose 60-70 lbs.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:39 AM   #10  
Movin' to the Country!

Hiya! Just a quick WI. Have way too much work to do this morning to stay on here long. Well, I am down 1lb this week and considering the amount of junk I've eaten this week, that ain't bad! I really expected no loss or even a gain so I'll take my 1lb and be determined to do better next week! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 01-24-2004, 10:41 AM   #11  
Movin' to the Country!

Geri, sorry you had such a bad night! TOM will do that to you. Glad you got a little rest. Hope today will be better. Enjoy your "me" time!!!
Old 01-24-2004, 06:52 PM   #12  

Geri I UNDERSTAND!!!! Last night I had an overwhelming urge to cry b/c Dh was going to stop off at the hospital to visit our friends who had a baby and I was so upset that it was going to put him an hour late getting home!!! I was so mad!! For that!!! TOM comes in a week for me too and my emotions are showing it. Don't worry, you're not the only one feeling like a basket case!!!!

Well, I'm here to report my weigh in this morning. I was down 2.5lbs!!!!!! I weighed 159.5!! It feels soooo good to be in the 150's again. That makes a total of 10.5 lost.

Hi to everyone and our newest newbie Lori! I can't get personal now with Dh home so maybe I can talk more tomorrow!!! TTYL!
Old 01-24-2004, 11:10 PM   #13  
2BoysMom

Just a quick hello ...

Thanks Candy and Andrea!! That's why I love you guys and
CONGRATS on the losses. You're doing great!!

One piece of de-stressing news ... MILs dog goes home Tuesday night! WOOOOO HOOOOO!! Maybe Will can chill out a little then. Tomorrow I'm taking him outside in the snow....I don't care how cold it is! (It's actually going to get out of the teens ... I'm not that bad of a Mom ... Besides .. I have to go out with him) LOL.

Have a great night! Hello to all.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:53 PM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Just a quick hello. Welcome Lori! This has been a tough weekend.....no time to leave why now. Everyone is ok- just a personality clash with Dh (you think after 20 years of marriage I would not let this stuff bother me, right?????)

Anyway, I will leave the recipe later- Hi to each of you Candy, Spryng, Geri and Andrea (Lori too) and anyone I forgot. Oh, the 3 pm chats won't work for me I am on the road by then. Maybe someday I will catch up with you when I am off! 3 pm is probably perfect for those of you with young ones, mine used to nap then!!!!!! (gotta love those naps)
Gotta go- see ya later!
Ginny
Old 01-25-2004, 04:00 PM   #15  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the warm welcome!!! I've been living in Germany now for almost a year and a half. And DH has been in Iraq for 9 months. I have found support through a playgroup on one of the military installations near by. I know that the playgroup is supposed to be for the children but I look forward to our playdates as much or more so than my kids. The ladies in my group have been my lifeline since DH has been gone, I don't know what I would do without them. We're all a little overweight but I think right now I'm the only one ready to commit to getting rid of some of this excess baggage. I went on to Post yesterday to workout, but my son Devin, seemed to be a bit tired and wanted to cry the whole time. At the gym they have a racquetball court closed off for families. Inside they have toys, crayons, paper and a huge tv for the kids to watch but they also have cardio equipment for the parents. I'm hoping this will workout and next time I'll go when the kids aren't so tired. I do have a treadmill but I always seem to make excuses why I don't use it, although I did today!! Sorry for the rambling, I have an open bag of tootsie rolls calling my name and I'm trying to resist them. Oh well, just one won't hurt, right?
Closed Thread