Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 12:01 PM   #1  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Talking Valentines day challenge Week #3

Wow ladies here we are at a fresh new week and success in our forcast
Lets make the days count and take them one at a time...If you fall ...still come and post and we will rally together till you are right back on track

Everyone have a great OP day......
Old 01-23-2004, 02:06 PM   #2  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi All
I was down 1 yesterday. Of course today when I got on the scale it was down more, but that will be good for next weeks official weighing. I have to lose a little quicker if I'm going to reach my VD goal. I'm going to look at the fast track stuff.
Have a good day all.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:28 PM   #3  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Guys,
I'm a bit away from my WW WI, but I did something weird yesterday. I was famished and *hunting* for food and went into my Flexpoints to the tune of 11! I exercised today and am doing great. It will be interesting to see if I can eat that many Flexpoints and still lose weight. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Love,
Judy
I'm right on track for my Valentine's Challenge
234/thinner
Old 01-23-2004, 11:29 PM   #4  

Well.....down a total of 7.4 since the first of the year (.4 this week), I had hoped to lose more, but then again, I was over my flex points by 15 for the week!!!! I really am trying but once again had a busy week with lots of eating out and not much control over the choice of where I ate. When I had pizza, I kept it to two pieces, and ordered salads whenever I could. I also had a late meeting (5pm to 8pm) with lots of treats available, I stuck to 2 sugar free reese’s pb cups and an oz of baked lays I bought with me, so those are good successes! and then this afternoon TOM started which may explain a little lose as well as my incredibly short fuse this morning!!!! I did exercise 3 times this week, I had planned on going four, but had my eyes dialed and it made me nauseous, so I stayed home that night, I didn't think it would effect me that much!

Sounds like a lot of excuses, but really it isn’t. I have been down this path before and just being real about it. As always, I did entire all of it on my online journal, so I am being real with myself and seeing were my problems are! I will be back at it this week! It should be a MUCH easier week!

Lily
Old 01-24-2004, 01:08 AM   #5  
A Mom

Judy, apparently you are supposed to be able to eat all your FP and still lose weight (according to my WW leader). I haven't done it though myself. Don't worry about it.

Lily, hey, you lost, be happy, it's a lot better than nothing and a whole lot better than a gain. People can often retain water during their TOM.

Well, I stuck to my points again today, It's a good start to my week.

Have a good night all,

Diana
Old 01-24-2004, 10:12 AM   #6  
Losing on the Beach

Morning ladies

Glad to see you all are doing so well I know for me weekends are the hardest times, But so far so good on staying away from my hubbys high fat breakfast

Judy- I have done the same thing with my flexpoints and still lost weight so I am sure you will be fine In fact I used to use 20 of them every monday as my DH took me out to mexican then, and always had a loss anyway as long as I didnt overeat or go over my points for that week

lily- way to go on the 7.4 so far this year That is really good and with all you went through last week, I know this week will go by much easier .... I know how hard the TOM is and craving can get wicked
Diana- Way to go on sticking in the points...your on a roll
Hope everyone has a great OP weekend and I will be checking in a little later

Last edited by Christian; 01-24-2004 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:14 AM   #7  
Chick

Hi Valentiners,
Christian, wow, you are soooooo close to goal! Weigh to go. Good luck getting through this weekend the way you want to.

DewCan, you've got a good loss going. Terrific!

Diana, good job.

Lilybutt, Congrats on your 7.4#loss so far this January. I think you're awesome! Next WI you'll probably have anothe big loss.

All goes well here. It looks like I may have lost a little this week and my official WI isn't until Tuesday. It would be very cool to be able to eat more Flexpoints than I've been allowing myself and still lose weight. Usually I have to eat close to my Target Points and exercise 4 out of 7 days to lose one to one and a half pounds. I hope this diversion proves me wrong.

Good luck everybody. I love to see all the names on this site.
Judy
Old 01-26-2004, 12:24 AM   #8  
A Mom

Hi Ladies
Well, I have to confess. I used my 2 AP yesterday plus 3 FP. And today I haven't counted points. I went to my inlaws all day and I have no idea. I think I will just say that I have no more FP for the week. Maybe I'll try to write it down yet tonight.
Well, it's late,
Goodnight, Diana
Old 01-26-2004, 10:53 AM   #9  

HI All... I am back from Vegas with a Couple pounds added on.. but after eating, drinking and not excersing for 4 days I don't think it's all that bad. Now it's back to the same old routine of eating good and excersing!! I still have lots to lose and not a lot of time to do it.

After talking to someone else doing the same WW plan I can to the conclusion that I am not eating enough calories during the day. I am not taking into account Activity Points so I am only eating 24 pts (+ flex points) and I am buring a lot of calories every night as I usually run 2 miles and bike 4 miles in 45 minutes. So I am going to increase my food intake for a few weeks and see if that will help my body to burn more of it's stored fat!

Otherwise even though the scale is not showing me a victory I have been great with the other goals I have had and my husband told me that he can tell that my face is thinning out!! So, if it's noticible I am happy.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Hi Guys!

Congrats to everyone who lost weight. My weigh in is on Friday. This is my first experience using the flex plan, so I have my fingers crossed that I'll show a loss. I get to eat more than I used to on the old ww plan, so this will be interesting. I am exercising and drinking my water, too.
Only 19 more days until Valentine's Day! Good luck, everyone.
Dena
Old 01-26-2004, 01:57 PM   #11  
A Mom

Way to go GG on the exercise routine. You'll get the weight off you found in Vegas real soon.
Hi Dena
Well, I ate all my FP this weekend, and I'm sad about it. But today is a new day.
Diana
Old 01-26-2004, 02:03 PM   #12  
Losing on the Beach

I am right behind you Diana
Old 01-26-2004, 04:20 PM   #13  
Chick

Sounds like we're all doing pretty well. I don't know about you guys, but in this snowy weather, I'm looking for more food. For this week anyway, it looks like using more flexpoints than usual is going to work out great. I'm down another pound at home and am counting on that showing up at my official WI tomorrow.

I am giving myself a because I reached the weight at home early in the morning I wanted to be on December 31st. I didn't quite do that, but by accepting the Valentine's challenge and working the program, I reached that goal and I'm on target for Valentine's Day.

Good luck to everyone!

Love,
Judy
234/213.6/thinner :wink:
Old 01-26-2004, 11:34 PM   #14  

hello ladies! It is so inspiring listening to you! I cannot wait until I move home. (4 days, 4 nights!) I plan to start the gym Saturday am, and return to my first meeting Tuesday. I am very excited! It will be nice to focus on myself after living hectic and on my own for 6 months!!
Did any of you do WW before flex pts? I am not sure if I want to go that route, or stick to the old plan. I need opinions!
Old 01-27-2004, 10:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Hi Guys,

Saskie, I did last year's weight watcher plan and was very successful. I'm just now trying the flex points system (only 4 days) and haven't lost any weight, but I'm not starving like I was on the other plan. I'm also exercising, so maybe I'm gaining muscle (which they tell us weighs more than fat), so I have to stick with it for a while and see what happens. I've got to stay off that scale.

Itryharder, congrats on your success!

Everyone else, good luck this week!
18 more days until Valentine's Day.
Dena
Closed Thread