Old 01-22-2004, 08:29 AM   #1  

Default LAWL and Friends #76

Good morning ladies!

I thought it was time to create a new thread, it's sometimes hard to get to the last message.

Anyway, I hope all is doing well. I've been on a mission since the beginning of the year. I still haven't weighed myself but my smaller pants are almost to big now so I'm headed in the right direction.

I'm thinking of increasing my exercise and going at lunch time. It's been hectic at work and we don't even have a lunch room so I never get to leave my office. This is starting to become stressful. Anyway, I could at least do a 1/2 hour of cardio and that would help releave tension and help the weight loss process as well. My goal is to be 40lbs lighter by May 6th, my birthday and I'm determined to do whatever it takes at this point. I'm tired of starting over and over again.

The workout was great this morning, I did 25 minutes on the elliptical and 40 minutes of the spin class. What a good workout that was.

Well, it's time to do some work and I'll write later or tomorrow.
Kimbova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 08:42 AM   #2  

OK ladies, where's everybody

I'm feeling lonely right about now. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a very difficult week for me but I've managed to get through. When I say difficult, I don't mean eating/exercising, just in my personal life. I feel like I need a sedative to relax my nerves, but all will be well, I do have the faith to believe that.

I go to the doctor today for my yearly and I will probably get on the scale. I really did not want to until 2/1 but I don't think the doctor will let me slide. Hopefully, my progress will give me the incentive to continue on. I'll let you know on Monday how I did.

Tab-How's the new year going for you?

Diane-Hopefully, things are still on track for you.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:05 PM   #3  

Hi, I'm new to forums. I hope that I do this right. Keep up the walking at work. It really does help with the stress of the job. I have been a stay at home mom for 3 years, but I walked when I worked and I still do. If you can try adding a walking in the evenings. It helps me put the day behind me and I relax for the evening. This is not easy when you have a family to get dinner for. I have lost almost 40 lbs since Sept and the only exercise that I do is walking.
GardenChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 11:20 AM   #4  

Hello Everyone...

Sorry I went MIA again. Work has been crazy and now we are having this crazy weather. I am leaving to go to Baltimore for a conference for 3 days. Then I am back in the office for a week and then I go to Atlanta, GA for a week. And during all this I am going to try and eat healthy. The hotels that I am

My weight loss has not been bad and not been good. I have been gaining and losing the same 3lbs for about a month now. It is weird. Just with all this going on with work I have been working out but not to my fullest. I have a tendency to be tired and go home early. But I plan after my trips to get better. Actually when I am in Atlanta I will be able to work out. I have made sure that both hotels that I am staying at have a gym or some type of work out room.

Well I hope everyone else is staying on plan.

Diane...I was going to try and give up tootise rolls and peanut butter...but I have already given into the cravings sooo I didn't last too long...*smile* I just need to be more careful and eat that stuff in moderation...this whole diet thing is about moderations. I will get it through my head one day.

Well I am heading out of work early to beat this afternoon messy weather we are supposed to be having.

I will chat with everyone on Monday....
I am Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 09:36 AM   #5  

Hey Tab,

Glad to see you're back! I've been missing the you girls. Anyway, things are well and the eating and exercising has been going well. I've boosted up my cardio and now I exercise for an 1/2 hour at lunch. It's a lot but I want to make my goal by my birthday in May. I do believe it's attainable.

The weather has been crazy around here. I always love when I can be off and not use leave, that's the plus side of working for a university.

Well, you have a great time away and I'm sure you will do just fine with the tootise rolls and peanut butter. We've got to have some pleasures in life.

Diane-how are you doing. I know you were having some computer problems, hopefully, they've been resolved and we'll read more of you in the future. I really would hate to lose touch with you girls, you have been a great support to me.

GardenChic-Welcome and thanks for the advise. I don't normally walk in the winter months because it's so dark by the time I get home and I live in a neighborhood that don't have street lights, something about a country style setting. So I will take that into consideration once the time changes and we have more daylight.

Until later, have a great day and safe travelings Tab!
Old 01-28-2004, 01:30 PM   #6  

Hi Everyone:
Kimbo I am still having trouble with my computer, I think there is some conflict going on somewhere it keeps shutting down. I get frustrated with it and don't go on the computer at all. Did you gett all the snow again?
Tab I have not been doing well at all, I went back to LAWL on Monday and one of the councelors helped me some. So I started the 3-day express again, but this time I did not use the juice I used two oranges instead, it seems a little better or maybe I am just ready. I have gained back 35 pounds of the 73 I lost so I was feeling very depressed about. Exercise and water are about the only things I have been doing right.
Welcome Garden Chic.
Have a great day
Diane
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 07:56 AM   #7  

Hey Diane,
Glad you were able to get on the computer. I do understand your fustration but hopefully, with the new year a renewed commitment will follow. The good part is that you haven't gained all the weight back. That is a plus! When I started, I started back over again from my highest weight and I was truely depressed about that but I've managed to get off over 50lbs and I'm looking forward to getting rid of the last 35-40 which ever feels right. Who knows, maybe I'll continue even after that.

Life has been hard lately for me but I'm looking a head to better days. Stay encourage and I'll write later.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:55 AM   #8  

Thanks Kimbo! I really feel much better with this renewed commitment, I actually made it through the 3-day express with out feeling like a big grump.
At Lawl they actually have a new carb cravers menu that I thing might help me along the way. I might try it once or twice a week even though they say you can do it every day.
I think when I lose the weight I have lost that will be enough for me I want to just start maintaining for a change. Kimbo I think we are the hardest on our selves when
we gain weight back but you have come a long way and you've been keeping it off congrats!
Hi Tab how are your doing?
Diane
Old 01-30-2004, 01:36 PM   #9  

Hi Diane,

I believe Tab is out of town this week . Anyway, it's been rough and I'm even thinking of going back to LAWL. I still have quite a few weeks left so I just might give them a call today and try to go tomorrow for a weigh-in and possibly starting over. The low carb thing sounds great for me. This is my biggest problem and I've really had to stay away from starchy foods.

Starting next week, I will be working out 2 evening with a girlfriend of mines along with my morning workout. I'm excited about that, it's so motivating to have a partner. I think it will really help me in the long run. The ladies I workout with in the morning are great but we speak and have developed conversation but nothing real lasting.

Anyway, Diane, I'm glad you made it through the 3 days, sometimes that can be really hard. Hang in there, the weekends are always the toughest for me but I am going to really try to stick to my plan.

Until next week, you have a great weekend! It has been good seeing you more frequently over these last couple of days.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:04 PM   #10  

Hi Ladies:
Kimbo so far I like the new menu at LAWL, now lets see if I lose weight doing it.
I did make it through the weekend staying on plan, I had to fight through yesterday but I made it. I have trouble with the starchy foods also but if I take to much away I start getting to edgy and when I have to much I feel like I am always looking for food and never feeling satisfied. I also found out when I went back I did not have to do the 3-day express, they only do it for two now.
So will you be working out more or just switching your exercise time?
For me I do just fine working out at home.
Diane
Old 02-03-2004, 07:37 AM   #11  

Hello Ladies...

I am back...but I am leaving again on the 9th to fly to Atlanta for a week. Well I did manage to work out while I was on travel but it just isn't the same. Plus....I went to dinner at night with the people I work with and they are wine drinkers and I know I should have passed but I had to have a glass. Plus we were on the executive floor of the hotel so the wine and snacks were free. We had a good time.

I am doing OK with eating. I did skip last weeks weigh in. I was chicken to go because I know that I might have put on a a pound or more from my trip. I just hope I do better in Atlanta. I think i will because I am travelling with all men. They don't snack as much as women...*smile* I hope to continue to work out. I might go weigh in this weekend. I am a little nervouse about that.

Hey did anyone see that the Luna bar now has a low carb bar. I have not seen them in the stores yet. Just on their website. They look good. I love the regular ones.

Well I hope everyone can stay on track. For me it is just hard with travelling. I love to travel but it just throws me off my schedule.

Gotta get back to work. I hope to check in again before I leave out of here on Wednesday.

Take Care
Old 02-03-2004, 07:47 AM   #12  

Good morning ladies!

I hope all is well. I did not make it back to LAWL over the weekend but I will call this week and see how much time Ihave left. I'm just not sure, if any. This Sunday was not a good day for me, you're right Diane, when you eat to many starchy food you just want more and nothing seams to satify you. Anyway, yesterday was a very good day so hopefully, today will be the same. As long as I'm busy over the weekend it does not bother me but if I'm bored than that's another story. I already have a lot on my plate for this weekend coming up so I should do really great.

Diane--Do LAWL have low carb bars? I'm still owed 4 boxes, that's reason within itself to go back, I don't have money to give away.

Tab--Happy travelings ! I do love to travel but I do not travel often enough. I do need to make some changes.

Well ladies, have a great and healthy day. I will try to call LA today.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:01 PM   #13  

Good Afternoon Ladies...

Kim...I know about craving those starchy foods....I just love them. When you do go back to LAWL they have changed alot of things. Different menus with food and all kinds of stuff...and the best part is the new payment plan. Wish they had that when I joined. It sure would have helped out. Well I am going to visit the center this friday. Still nervous trying to be good so if I did put on any weight I will have taken it off and at least weigh in the same...*smile* That is better than a gain. But I was bad for about 3 days...soooo I just don't know.

Well today is my last day at work. I will not be back until the 17th of Feb. Hope everyone has a great week...and I am going to try my best to stay on plan. The hotel has a gym...so that is to my benefit.

Take Care
Old 02-06-2004, 07:51 AM   #14  

Hi Ladies:
Tab I have not heard about the low carb Luna bars? I wonder if they taste any good, some of those low carb things taste really bad. Tab I am really liking the new menu plan, I am feeling really satisfied with it. At first I did not think I was going to lose following it but I actually lost 2 pounds this week. I am actually finding it hard to get everything in.
Kimbo I don't know if the bars are low carb, but I know the Hot choc, the vanilla cafe, the shakes, and the drinks are low in carbs, I love the hot chocolate myself, I have it alot. Thats why I went back to LAWL I did not want to waste away the money that I spent there. I have now 18 weeks to use, I think if I stick with I will put a dent in the weight I gained back. Hope you have a great Friday.
Tab did you try the new plan or are you sticking to the old one? Have a safe trip.
Diane
Old 02-06-2004, 12:49 PM   #15  

Hi Diane,

I called LAWL yesterday and they said I only have stablization & maintenance available to me because my weeks were on hold for longer than a month. I will review my package when I get home today, but I was never told that, even when they called and asked if I was going to come back no one even mentioned about weeks not being available at a later date.

Anyway, I don't know if I could afford the weeks at full cost. At least not right now, but I will go back and get reimbursed for my LA lites. The payment/credit plan they have available is only for those willing to spend $300 plus dollars, anything under that would have to be paid up front. I would have to signed up for a year to spend over that amount and I really do not want to invest a lot until I'm sure that I'm going to hang in there. The representative said with my LA lites and supplements I would reach $300 quickly. And I said I do not plan on buying any more lites and I do not use the supplements. She said this is my guarantee that I would lose the weight and I told her my ability to stay on plan is my guarantee of losing the weight. Her tone was not real good from that point but that's how I feel.

I wonder will they allow me 4 weeks, this would be my time to see if I can really stick with the plan. Oh well, I don't know but I will ask tomorrow. I have a 8:30AM meeting.

I am kinda upset about losing my weeks but I will get over it and move on.

Diane-I'm glad the new plan is working out for you and congrats on the 2lb lost.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by Kimbova; 02-06-2004 at 12:52 PM.