View Poll Results: Do you (or have you ever) dyed your hair?
Yes, and I regretted it 4 16.67%
Yes, and I love it 13 54.17%
No, but I think I might 3 12.50%
No way siree! 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2001, 08:20 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking

morning girls,
i waited for someone else to start the thread but it's awfully quiet out there so here i am...
welcome to everyone, new, old and lurkers. come out and join us in our daily battle of the bulge.
Old 03-27-2001, 08:32 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Default kirsty's diary part 1

hello!
tonya hope you are coping being single mom this week? i'm sure the kids will help shed those few extra pounds!
sarah are you feeling more positive yet? you should be, look at how far you've come already. you know you can get to goal. just focus on it and how good you'll feel and keep that positive image.
lisa i'm sure i've been over by 15 points before - esp where alcohol is concerned!! best thing to do is forget it, it's over. esp cos you still lost this week! i'm sure you'll get your 10 per cent next week.
brenda how are you doing? we missed you.
belle sounds like things are a little bit better with your bloke, but gosh it's hard work!! let's hope they keep improving and he doesn't relapse into crappy bf again.
trish i sent you an email. hope you are doing ok.
stacey living in london is pretty fun - but very very very expensive. and it's not that nice a place, quite dirty and transport sucks (another tube strike from 8pm wed till 8pm thurs). but hey - any time you fancy a visit and pretending you're bridget, come on over!

just got the editorial to do. i'll be back later chums,
kirsty
Old 03-27-2001, 08:47 AM   #3  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Default Good Morning...Where is everyone?

Good Morning Kirsty!!! Your right it is pretty quite around here!! I just wanted to stop in as it will be the last time I can get in here before my trip....I am getting soooooo excited We got more snow here and it is like minus 11, but it is 15 degrees in Vancouver, Bring on the WARM
My phone keeps ringing...it's my mother, but I can not talk to her right now, she told me that she could be at my house tonight for the cable guy to come(I got a priority appt because the cable company has screwed up big time) and I just called to let her know that she would need to be at the house between 5 and 7 now she says that she can't make it and I have an appt that I will have to pay for if I cancel it.....AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.......sorry this is a very trivial matter but it has made me most annoyed

Anyway, I hope that everyone has a GREAT week and a half.......
Steph

P.S. I am the one that put that I love to dye my hair, I change the colour at least every 6 weeks, it gives me instant gratification and kinda gives me a "New Attitude" Does that make any sense????

Last edited by Flaky One; 03-27-2001 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-27-2001, 09:04 AM   #4  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Kirsty - good morning. I can't vote in your poll because I've never died my hair. I'm a big sissy and I'm to scared to give it a try

Well, I was talking with a WW friend of mine and she's doing so well. I asked what her secret was and she said giving up alcohol. I started thinking... it was the whole downfall to my week... and I always seem to be banking just so I can drink on the weekends.

I think i have a short term goal. Just for this week. I am not going to drink any alcohol. We're going out for a friends birthday on Friday, so it won't be easy... but it's a small goal I can set and accomplish.

Jen-L: tell me more about this self-challenge. It sounds interesting. Can I do it too?

Brenda - thanks for the abbreviations. I was sad with Deadmarsh got traded too. Totally bummed. Boston got Kaminsky and Rolston for Borque and Reid... so I didn't have to miss those two. I never liked Ricci though, so I have to say I didn't miss him at all. Actually he left before I became a real Avs fan anyway. I absolutely hate the Stars. There isn't a player in the NHL I loathe more than Darian Hatcher. I just can't stand him. I figured you'd agree being an Avs fan and all. but I don't hate all the Stars.. I just can't ever like a team who Darian plays for. Just thought I'd share. So cool to have another hockey bud.

Girls - can I tell you how good I feel this morning? Yesterday I ate my min and at the end of the day realized that I felt good. I liked not feeling full. I think I've alway been either hungry or full all my life. Never in between. And it kind of feels weird sometimes. But last night before I went to bed I realized that I like that weird feeling. Plus I had such a good night sleep last night, that when I woke up this morning... I felt so good and said "I can do this. I can lose this weight." I have no doubts. So, I'm a little cheesy this morning... but I'm in good spirits and just wanted to share.

I was so bummed about losing only half a pound yesterday I didn't even realize... I'm under 200!!!!!! So I'm 199.5... but hey, it's not 200. I haven't weighed less than 200 in 2 years.

Hope you all have a good day. Going out for lunch... so I hope I can make good choices.

Lisa
HW 237/ WW Start 220/ CW 199.5/ GW 119
(Height 4'11")
Old 03-27-2001, 09:05 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Kirsty... whoops.. didn't read the poll very well... voting now
Old 03-27-2001, 09:15 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default Happy Tuesday

Well, I stayed within my points yesterday! If I am going to lose .4 pounds to make my 10 pounder, I need to be on track all week. I know I was up a little during my travels, just because I have to eat every meal out. And of course, no on is perfect!!

Now my hubby is sick and he always passes it on to me. I can't wait for spring, then maybe we will get over all these bugs. The weather here keeps fluctuating between warm and cold... UGHHHH

Lori.... was it you that asked for low point snacks on the previous thread??? Anyhooo.... I eat those fruit snack cups that are 1 point. Also veggies. Oh and cup o soup (in the little packets that you mix with water!), Some veggie burgers and hot dogs are 1-2 points also! Oh and AirCrisps are 2 points per serving (I think that is what they are called... those mini rice cakes with flavors!) OK, I'm on a roll.... Baked Tositos with Salsa is another favorite of mine, 1 serving is 2 points! And you can't forget the V-8 when you want a liquid snack! Hope that helps. If I think of more I will post them!!!

Someone had once sent me a list of Low Point snacks. I don't have all of these available to me, but it gave me a good idea. If you want me to e-mail it to you (I'ts a Word Document) let me know at [email protected]

Lisa.... self.comand sign up. Or if you have the Self Magazine, the info is in there. It is a 3 month challenge to get you in shape. For the past 2 years I have wanted to do and never did. This year I am!!!

I better get to work. I will most more later! TOOTLES!
Old 03-27-2001, 09:41 AM   #7  

Hey everyone. I just wanted to say that I sort of died my hair and liked it until it grew out. Then I had 2 tone hair and it looked awful. Since then I have been afriad to even get highlights.

Well I did ok yesterday. I ate all my points including my exercise points but at least I didn't go over. I guess that is an accomplishment. One thing that is interesting is the way I feel. I don't know if others of you who have lapsed and suffered a gain after you have lost a lot of weight have noticed this too. Eventhough IO have lost 30 pounds from where I was and am only 11 pounds from goal and 5 pounds above where I was, I feel really fat. I feel like my clothes don't fit and I have so much weight to lose. It doesn't totally make sense the way I am explaining it but I don't feel like I only have 11 pounds to goal, I feel like I have so much more to go. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Kirsty - Since you have been on maintnenace a while, do you ever feel like you need to lose more weight?

Jen - Way to go on being so close to your new 10 pound loss. You sound so motivated to get there. Keep it up! Sorry DH is sick.

Tilley - I also gave up drinking alcohol to an extent. I wasn't a big drinker since college so it wasn't a big deal for me. I rarely drink alcohol ut I will still have wine when we go out to a nice dinner or to a party, just not every party. I think it really helps.

Steph - Good luck with the cable company. It is such a hassle to schedule those appointments. I hiope it works out that your mom can be there for you.

Brenda - How are you feeling today?

I hope everyone had a nice night last night. I went to bed early again. Don't know why I was so tired. I felt kind of bad because DH came up early to snuggle but I was too sleepy. It was nice though. Ok, have a good Tuesday. I'll be back...

Sarah
194.4/164.6/153WW
Old 03-27-2001, 09:59 AM   #8  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Good Morning Kirsty, Lisa, Stephanie, Jen and all those who will post today!
I am in a good mood today also. I went to aerobics last night and did yoga this morning. I have a tape that claims to be yoga for weight loss. I like it but some of the positions are tough. The only thing is it relaxes me so much that I feel too relaxed to begin my day I do like it though. Well yesterday I posted my goals and I hope to stick to them. Last night I did well after the Reeses set back.
Kirsty-Hope the editorial is going well and I am one of the ones who dyes my hair and loves it. I used to do it all of the time myself. THen I would go to the salon to get highlights and now I go to the salon and get it dyed pretty close to my natural color but with a little kick
Stephanie-Enjoy your trip and I understand the frustration with the cable guy. I hate all of those kind of appt. that leave you sitting around your house waiting.
Jen-good luck with the .4 that will be an exciting accomplishment. I am sure I have a few more weeks before I will lose my first 10 but I cannot wait. I am also going to e-mail you abuot the low point snacks!
Lisa- Good goal with the alchohol. I wish that I had that to give up but I am not a drinker so it wouldn't really help me if I didn't drink occasionally. It does sound like it may be an answer for you though! Also I am so proud of you for making it under the 200# mark. Don't you love the milestones.
I will check in periodically!
Old 03-27-2001, 10:04 AM   #9  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning SArah, We must have been posting at the same time! Good job staying OP yesterday and hey at least you did the exercise so that you had the points toeat. That is probably one of my fav. parts about the new program is the activity booster. I love it. I try not to use the exercise pts but I often do. I truly believe that is the only thing that has helped me lose these past 2 wks.
Well have a great day!!!
Old 03-27-2001, 10:22 AM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Default Step - monsters!!!

Anybody have one? Well, let me tell ya, mine SUCKS!! I went to my dad's last night to get my stuff sorted out and she was just a freak - she was jealous cuz my dad was spending time with me - we were listening to me singing (I cut a little CD) and then we did my taxes and then he came down to help me sort through things...and god forbid, offered me things that stepmonster didn't want me to have. Yikes, she is just evil!!! then when I went upstairs quietly I heard her whispering and my dad said, in his normal voice, "What did Belle say?" and she was like all trying to shut him up cuz I was behind him...and he said 'well what did she say" and she said "she is behind you!" and he turns around to me and says "what did you say?" i was like, I don't know.....and I don't. But I obviously offended her...what a freak - she should wait until I leave to talk about me.

Of course, the hen that I am, I had to go home and tell b/f all about it - he was sorry he missed it it was so funny. She is like a caricature.

Well, I was a little naughty yesterday - when I got home after driving in a freak sleet storm, I fed my nerves with wonderbread toast. 2 peices. Which put me 5 pts over for the day......so I must be extra good today.

I also bailed THREE TIMES walking to work today - three times, flat on my @ss!! It was very very Belle of me (I am super clutz girl). You know Miss congenialtiy? Well, my b/f said that except for her bad hair and clothes and no makeup, and the bad eating habits (all over her face) that I am a toned down "girly" version of her.....I think he meant that affectionately.....I hope.

Kirsty - love your poll - my dying job was horrific so I voted regret! I would like to have nice rich dark hair but I am mousey!

Steph - ah, mothers! Mine has phoned twice today to complain about my sister...at least its not me anymore!!

Tilly - My sister gained 30 lbs when she started being a bar-babe - but she kept working outand eating good - alcohol is fatenning.....but so fun sometimes....oh well! I like beer - just like, with my meal even, so its hard to resist...lucky there is...Diet Dr. Pepper!!! YUM!!!

Jen = lemme know if you get those low point snacks - you seem to be very good lately, always with your goal plan for each day! I am sure you will make your 10 lbs!

Sarah - I have 49 to goal, so I am way off, but today I put on a skirt I haven't worn since summer and couldn't be lieve how big it was - trouble is, I don t feel like I have lost 30 lbs. So I can sort of relate - although - 11 TO GOAL OH MY GOD!! That rocks!! You go!!

Becky - I love yoga, I have to find a good tape - ifyou like that one, can you send me the name??

Well, I better mosy -

Belle
Old 03-27-2001, 10:24 AM   #11  
Scotland's finest export

Default kirsty's diary part 2 - i'm back!

hello girls,
well, i did something bad. nobody told me that i only mark the pageproof with corrections for our editorial and someone in production actually types them in (pointless i know). so i corrected the page online as i read it. which upset production cos they feel we're taking their job from them. oops. but it is silly, cos today the editorial was done about an hour ahead of schedule....so surely my way was better?!
ali i reckon we have an amazing amount in common. i was in a theatre group when younger too!
kierie you can prob order the next bridget jones book online from amazon. oh, and i sent you a PM about the buttercup avatar.
steph good to hear the move went well!
suzanne so 2 weeks already eh?! you guys will need to pencil in some hochmagandy time. i guess it gets easy to not do something when it's always available?
jen good to have you back! and glad to hear emma is better.
shalyne you're still sick? poor girl - hope you get better soon. lots of sympathy from here...
lisa alcohol certainly makes up a lot of my points at the weekend...i do try and choose low alcohol options, and alternate it with water. but it can be hard! hooray you're under 200!!
sarah i got to my goal weight of 11 stone (154 pounds) in dec 1999. i then decided i wanted to get to 10 and a half stone (147). usually i fluctuate between 147 and 150 and whenever i go lower or higher i really feel it and sort it out. the one time i went lower i felt really quite ill and fragile. not good. i'm happiest sticking where i am i reckon. although obviously there are a few parts of my body i'd like to change, but i just accept that is how i am now, and it's much better than how it was!
becky i love yoga but it is only on 2 times a week at my gym. the monday class is so full you can't get a ticket and the sunday class is difficult to go to with a hangover/bf offering hochmagandy...
hello to everyone else. i'm doing well with my running program i told you about. i'm on week 3 now! 6 more weeks and i'll be able to do 30 mins 3 times a week. hmmm!! lolly and i are going to do a 5k in june!
right, must work, good to chat to you all,
kirsty
ps brenda - i'm going for cocktails tonight!
pps hey belle - we posted at the same time! i hate when people talk about you behind your back. i'm so paranoid about it that when i hear a group of people laughing i always thing they are laughing at me!

Last edited by Kirsty; 03-27-2001 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-27-2001, 10:24 AM   #12  
Running Babe

Morning, it is snowing here... When will the Spring come? We had an early winter as it is, now it looks like it will be a late spring. I just want nice weather so I can jog outside.

Becky: Good for you on the Yoga! I am thinking of starting Yoga next year.

Sarah: I kept getting highlights for a while and two years after I had first gotten it done, my hair was light blond. I eventually went back to my natural colour though, but I am thinking of dyeing in again.. Maybe a red, but I keep thinking about dyeing it dark brown for fun.

Lisa: Under 200lbs rocks!!! Doesn't it feel great! I rarely drink now since being on WW, but the funniest thing is, since I have lost weight I barely have any tolerance to alcohol so when I do drink, it takes a lot less to get wasted. BTW it's cute that I keep reading that you went to BU, I go to a different BU (Bishop's University, a small liberal arts country club type red brick uni <where I go to school, most of the architecture is very similar to New England's> ), so it makes me smile when I see you use BU all the time (I know you went to Boston University which is cool).

Stephanie: You're so lucky to be going to Vancouver. I am sooooo sick of the snow here... Grrr, you're in Southern Ontario right? I have heard that you also have had more snow than usual this year right?

BTW: Did any Canucks watch "This hour has 22 minutes" last night with Rick Mercer and the fake "roll up the rim to win" commercial, it was so funny since they made fun of how hard it was actually to roll up the rim on the coffee cups. In the end he was using a blow torch and then it said "please play again"

To all those who are interested: Roll up the rim to win is an annual promotion done by Tim Horton's donut and coffee chain where you roll up the rim of coffee cups for prizes.

Kirsty: I like London though from what I have seen of it. I didn't explore the non-tourist stuff the last time I was there. I think that's what I'll do next time and See what else is in london. I went on a Ghost walk though, that was fun.

Take Care!!

Ali

Last edited by Sweater Girl; 03-27-2001 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-27-2001, 10:31 AM   #13  

Morning everyone-thanks for the advice about the snacks...I worked all night so I won't post for long-but I had a question-last week people were saying that a Subway Steak and Cheese was 7 points but here on the website it says 8...any clarifications?
Congratulations Tilley for the under 200!! What a milestone....more later-Lori
Old 03-27-2001, 10:47 AM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Default This hour has 22 minutes

For all you canucks - on Sunday I think coming (I hope I didn't miss it) is Rick Mercer talks to americans....its very very funny (for all you americans, its just us Canucks trying to make fun of not only ourselves, but how others veiw us). The commercial had one lady at the white house congratulating Canadians on legalizing staplers.....

Missed the Roll up the Rim to win one, but lemme tell ya, I drink so much Tim Horton's coffee, and I have never won anything. B/f won a muffin on Sunday, was the first time he ever won either.....

YIKES!

Belle
Old 03-27-2001, 10:57 AM   #15  
Scotland's finest export

ali - come to london and i'll show you the dirty smelly bits (i work in soho so i should know!). and i can show you the very nice bits too. these are usually inside pubs/bars/restaurants....
Closed Thread