Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 11:44 AM   #1  

Default What makes you happy?

silly, I know! But the thought of shopping in the misses section terrifies me so.....I thought I'd ask about happy "stuff"!

What makes you happy?

Wendy's chilli makes me happy.
Meg's protein bars make me happy.
Talk radio makes me happy.
Crossing my legs makes me happy.
Raul makes me happy.

peach
Old 01-21-2004, 12:25 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

what???? you mean the treadmill doesn't make you happy??? me neither!

this pretty silk scarf i'm wearing makes me happy.
walking without pain makes me happy
breathing, too
Old 01-21-2004, 01:22 PM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

TOAST....makes me happy just kidding.......well only sorta

agree on the crossing of the legs, makes me feel girlie

Note, I'm on the phone with Hazel as I type and she told me...being friend's with her

Javy Lopez makes me REAL happy!! (darn still wish he were a Brave)

the color red (cause I found out I look good in it)

coffee
Old 01-21-2004, 02:10 PM   #4  

SPRING TRAINING!
makes me very happy.

I'm with you Peach, Talk Radio for me too.
Driving fast makes me happy.
Playing with my dogs makes me happy.
Snow makes me happy.

You guys make me happy!

Chicka-chucka-dee
Old 01-21-2004, 02:48 PM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

I did forget Talk Radio.........love my talk radio!!
Old 01-21-2004, 03:27 PM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hummm,
My boys make me happy.
well broken in jeans make me happy
Sunshine makes me happy
a beautiful landscape/sunset makes me happy
3fc friends make me happy
-L
Old 01-21-2004, 04:52 PM   #7  

May I? Peachie, I don't think that this is a silly topic at all. I find that when I can DO what makes me happy I can keep away from the cake. It also keeps me from ahhh, the cake and then again, did I already mention cake?
So, walking OUTSIDE with my audiotapes makes me happy
Sitting at the beach (in the car; wouldn't dare put on a swim suit, no, not even in the summer), listening to my books makes me happy.
Eliminating the tedium of shopping by listening to my audiobooks makes me happy.
Finding the courage to finally post and not delete this, as I have with the last umpteen posts makes me scared. Oh, wait, you asked for happy. Yup, definitely makes me scared!
I think I'm perseverating, better go back into hiding (without cake; darn!)

Last edited by stilltrying; 01-21-2004 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:52 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

stilltrying, honey... why have you been deleting your posts? we'd LOVE to hear from you... to have you jump into the fray.

and congrats [and thank you! ] for not deleting this one!
Old 01-21-2004, 05:59 PM   #9  

Hey! Still trying! Of course you "may"! In fact, sweetie you "may" post on any darn thread you want. Go for it! Let it all hang out.

Besides...on the delete thing...we can only see your words, not you sitting at your computer!!!! And if I saw you walking down the street eating cake and listening to your tapes...I wouldn't know for sure that it was you who wrote the words!!! I'd say...there goes a happy lady!

So....post away with abandon...have NO FEAR!

Your right about the happy thing. I don't eat as much when I am happy, unless...like you metioned, there is CAKE!

Perseverate away, babe! I have a kid who does it....(seriously) it doesn't bother me a bit.

peach
Old 01-21-2004, 06:10 PM   #10  

Oh Jiff, thank you! I have been so anxious. I have this "thing" about not intruding and because I am not an WLS type (well, really ANY "s" type, but that's another story), I felt I did not belong here and I may be perceived as an interloper .
I missed you guys, from the time I participated in the low carb forum. I tried to e-mail Peachie this morning to "warn" her that I might pop up, but I guess her e-mail addy is no longer current. I suppose if you're going to be MIA for two years, you can't expect people to be static.
How wonderful that I have your permission to visit occasionally, it is a relief and I am grateful. I really do appreciate 3FC and I've been trying to find a place where I could land but until today nothing seemed to fit. I find that Alternachicks may be good for me but I can't help wishing to visit with my old friends too. So you see, I decided to bite the bullet rather than the cake (goodness, think I've done that subject already?)

All of you have done such a wonderful job and I wish I could join you in your success.

Hugs to you all!
Old 01-21-2004, 06:17 PM   #11  

Oh Peachie, you SO are one! I was attempting to compose my reply to Jiff while you were posting so I did not see it until now. You both are so kind and I feel so much better now.

As for your darling little boy, you may not remember, but we've exchanged a few e-mails, so I know. Does he still make you smile as much as the memory of his appealing ways makes me smile?
Old 01-21-2004, 06:17 PM   #12  

Stilltrying, I haven't had the WLS either, but I lurk, and occasionally post on here, because there's so much wisdom, knowledge, and support. So don't be afraid to post anywhere that you would like to, I know you'll always be welcome. That's what is so wonderful about these forums. I look forward to reading more of your posts and getting to know you better.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:19 PM   #13  
she who must be obeyed

stilltrying you just stay right here with us!!!

post anytime and anything you want.......we don't always talk about weight loss!! I for one, really enjoy the other stuff.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:39 PM   #14  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING ALL YOU LOSERS!!!

Thought I would stick my head in to see how y'all are...Let's see...what makes BOB happy?

Knowing that Peachie knows that I wasn't intentionally trying to hurt her feelings!

Knowing that SOONER understands me now (I think)

SHRIMP

Arnold's NEW LOW CARB BREAD....Deb...you can have your toast! It's the best!

Knowing that JIFF'S legs are as white as mine!

SHRIMP

MY UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS!!!

DID I SAY SHRIMP?????

HANGING UP MY WHISTLE!!

Knowing that the hospital where I work is definately starting WLS in as little as two more months! (still no news on if they are going to do any "redos" though)

DEB...I SECOND THAT ON JAVY!!! OH MY GAWD....isn't he just THE CUTEST?????

AND FINALLY

A GOOD RARE FILET MIGNON!!!!!

STILLTRYING....I stuck my head in here one day and I've never left...I pop in from time to time to check on all these GALS...Stick around...they kinda grow on you .....don't they?

BOB
Old 01-21-2004, 07:22 PM   #15  

Thank you ladies, I am so touched that I'm almost speechless and I am NEVER speechless! I have always had such lovely experiences with these women that they actually grew on me 2 years ago Bob! Seems they stayed there, on my mind and in my heart, which is why I came back in my moment of need.
Closed Thread