UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 08:28 AM   #1  

Default Just started Atkins Induction..first day

Hi all,

I'm Mee,

I have gained about 40 pounds..I had kept my weight off for about 6 years..up 15 down 15..but never have I gained this much weight..I changed my eating habits ..started eating low calorie bread..pasta again..carbs again..I thought I could eat them again with out gaining weight..for some reason I seem to be alergic to carbs ..I gain weight really fast..I could gain 4 pounds in a day..believe it or not......for years I would eat anything I wanted except for pasta and starchy carbs and sugar....I wasn't on a strict Atkins diet just low carbs..now look at me ..I had to get sick and tired of being sick and tired.

This is my first day getting off of carbs..for I am a carbohydrate junky..the more I eat the more I want....Id love to get feed back from any one who identfies with me.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:33 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Mee. Would you like me to move this post into the Atkins Forum of Low Carb Lifestyles? Or do you want to stay here with the rest of the UK chickies?
Old 01-18-2004, 01:11 PM   #3  

Hi Mee,

I identify with you totally - bread, potato and pasta really do it for me and i feel so much better since kicking them into touch - have been low carbing for a couple of weeks and am so much more alert etc. I am sort of following atkins but i do allow myself more fruit and veg as i have found out that i can cope with it. I had bread the other day and it totally knocked me out for the rest of the day, not to mention the weight gain.

Tracy
Old 02-14-2004, 05:40 AM   #4  

Me too I only have to look sidways at a carb and it hits the hips, was on a permanent low fat diet followed it to the letter and used xenical and the weight piled on the GP was not happy with me said i must be cheating.

Been back on Atkins for a week and lost 10 Lbs think I have gone through withdrawl slept th other night for 12 hours straight and i normaly only have 4-5 hours sleep a night.

Problem is I could not get to sleep last night I was still awake at 04.00 managed to drop off untill about 8 am so I'm shot now.

Stick in it as I was on Atkins previously and lost 5 stone befor hitting a stall.

Came off it and rocketed up 50 Lb so looking forward to another drop this time i am going Carbless as much as possible
Closed Thread