Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 03:42 PM   #1  

Default Monday is D day

or should I say S day. I go into the Grinnell hospital on Mon. at 10:00. I am just about jumping out of my skin. I am trying to get everything ready and trying to keep remembering why i am doing this. I still think maybe there is an easier way! HA HA. My biggest concern right now is keeping away from all germs, which is not easy since my son has a cold and my mom is also sick with something. thanks for all of the inspirations that you guys have given me. I will have my sister or son post my progress.

I have been reading posts, but not been posting. I just got back from helping my daughter with her new baby boy (that I got to witness being born and help too). and with my two granddaughters. I am thinking hospital stay even with the pain may be a rest for me.

So here goes:
Jiffy, DEbkay-both of you are an inspiration and I will continue to look to the two of you for guidance. Peachie, I am thinking I will be looking to you for advice on how to stop on just a few choc. chips. Sooner-where in Iowa are you, I am missing caucuses due to surgery, unless we caucus in the hospital ward LOL. Babe keep up the butt kicking!!!

Oh and that Oprah story? She doesn't get it yet, I do like the thought that she may have gone out of country for her own surgery, but I suspect that the media would know about. I hope I don't have horrific pain, but my son thinks picking up his clothes is "horrific pain" what do teens know from pain? and if my sister ever thought I was a beached whale, she wisely kept if from me, even though she is older and maybe wiser, if I got her down and sat on her she wouldn't be getting up (LOL) I dont know how I will control people with less weight.

Last edited by Buffy, the slayer; 01-17-2004 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-17-2004, 04:45 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

ok buffyl.. sounds like your little duckies are all lined up neatly. you have broth? crystal light or something similar? SF popsicles? sanitary pads for the drainage from the incisions? protein shake??

ok. you're ready!!!! remember. it'll hurt to bend over for a few days. tying shoes will be a challenge, and make sure someone else cleans the litter box.

we'll be right here waiting for a report. and to hear that you're doing JUST FINE!!!!!

and you'll have lots of questions when you come back.

but the real thing to remember: our reactions to food post op are VERY individual. so if something isn't working, change it!!!!
Old 01-17-2004, 05:46 PM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

Buffy I'll be thinking about you on Monday. Is there someone who could come in and give us an update on how your surgery went??? If not, we will be waiting for your message that all is well.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:51 PM   #4  

" Peachie, I am thinking I will be looking to you for advice on how to stop on just a few choc. chips."

Buffy.....be happy to help...BOB taught me that you gotta dump them....one way or another...you gotta dump!!!

"Oh and that Oprah story? She doesn't get it yet, I do like the thought that she may have gone out of country for her own surgery, but I suspect that the media would know about. I hope I don't have horrific pain, but my son thinks picking up his clothes is "horrific pain" what do teens know from pain? and if my sister ever thought I was a beached whale, she wisely kept if from me, even though she is older and maybe wiser, if I got her down and sat on her she wouldn't be getting up (LOL) I dont know how I will control people with less weight"

Buffy, this is one of the best paragraphs I have ever read...you crack me up!!!!! As to controling people with less weight...perhaps together we can come up with.....oh, something!!!!

All the best to you on your upcoming surgery! I am glad that your sister will come on and post for you, cause we worry! Speedy recovery to you!!!!!

peach
Old 01-18-2004, 05:00 PM   #5  

Go Buffy! We'll be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes.

m.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:24 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

best of luck tomorrow... we'll be waiting to hear!!!
Old 01-18-2004, 10:20 PM   #7  
Hang In There

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers on your Big S day
Old 01-22-2004, 06:49 PM   #8  
VOW
Vegan for Health!

YAY BUFFY!

You GO, GIRL!!

Think of it like childbirth...yeah, you'll hurt, but BOY, you'll get something to show for it!!

I think I'll dance some more...

~VOW
Old 01-24-2004, 01:15 PM   #9  

Dear Buffy,
Old 01-25-2004, 12:34 PM   #10  

Buffy! How are you doing?????

peach
Closed Thread