Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 07:42 AM   #1  

Question Question about sponsors...

Would you mind to tell me a little about your relationship with your sponsors? Either f2f sponsors you have or online.

How often are you in contact with them?

What kinds of insights/input do they give you?

I was so excited to have found a sponsor, but I'm unsure. I know that I'm still very new to all of this, but I don't know if I am expecting too much as a sponsee or maybe I haven't found the right match.

I thought that maybe a little info (whatever you are comfortable sharing) about the relationship you all have with your sponsors would help me give mine some perspective.

Thanks,
Christy
Old 01-17-2004, 09:54 AM   #2  
Searching

Angry I think you know by now..........

I have 2 sponsors. My food plan sponsor whom I talk with everyday, its usally not for long maybe 15 min. She gives me feedback and often ask why I think this food choice was what it was. She makes me think about it.

My step sponsor and I talk 1-2 times a week. Usually for longer, almost an hour. Often we go over my step work or make appointments totalk about it, and I recieve new assignments. Mostly she listens and tells me that she has some of the same problems and commonalities. She doesn't really give advice just nudges me in the right direction and challenges my thinking.

What do you want from a sponsor Christy?

Miss Chris
Old 01-17-2004, 11:59 AM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Christy -

I have an email sponsor. She's also given me her phone number, and I've called her once to introduce myself. She requires that I check in with her every day, either by email or by phone. She also give me assignments, but she hasn't given me any due dates for them. (I did get an email yesterday asking if I was working on one, though...)

Jennelle
Old 01-17-2004, 01:26 PM   #4  

I have a f2f sponsor. I email her daily with my food and a general plan for the next day (nothing specific, since that's a trigger for me, but an idea like "get 5-7 veggies and fruits" or something). She does not comment on my food. But she's always good for positive comments, etc...

I see her at least once a week at a f2f meeting and we usually chat a few minutes afterwards. We meet when I finish my step work. I read my answer to something, then she reads hers from when she completed the step, and we go back and forth like that.

I think it's harder to find an online sponsor to connect with, but it definitely can be done! If you're unhappy with what's going on so for, send out an email. Put your feelings down (in a nice way ) and ask your sponsor for some input. What you need may be different from what she gives as a sponsor. It's best to know now.

Good luck!
Old 01-17-2004, 01:33 PM   #5  

Default Hmmm...

Thanks for sharing.

What do I want in a sponsor? I guess I want someone who will be able to respond to me via email daily. My sponsor is for my food plan and my steps. I email my plan to her each morning. She has given me some writing to do and I've been working on it and am sending her part of it today. I've ordered the Big Book, 12 x 12, and workbook from OA online, but haven't received them yet. I'm sure that I'll be working with them soon. She did tell me that she'd be offline today and tommorow, but asked me to keep sending her my food plan daily.

Can I ask her to respond daily with an email? I'm very needy, I guess. I don't want to come off wrong, but I'm reaching out for help and I need a lot!

Honestly, do you think I expect too much? Am I too needy? If so, what do I do about it!

Feeling vulnerable (and needy),
Christy
Old 01-17-2004, 01:34 PM   #6  

I was typing while you were posting, Kat! Thanks for your input. I understand what you're saying!

Christy
Old 01-17-2004, 01:35 PM   #7  

You're not too needy. Ask her if she'd be willing. If not, then find a sponsor who is.
Closed Thread