Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 12:13 PM   #1  

Default What's the best compliment you've received?

Since losing weight please share your best compliment...

Mine was from a nurse who was giving me a prescription, she said to take 2-3 tablets for pain, but "Since you're small you should take only 2" I haven't been small since third grade-she made the pain lessen immediately!
Old 01-18-2004, 05:21 PM   #2  

When my mother in law said "your so skinny" and gave me the clothes she had been saving in the back of her closet for when she lost 15 pounds. Mom is the skinniest woman I know.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:04 AM   #3  

loralee-wow! what size are you? Isn't that a great feeling?

One girl in my WW meeting was saying that her husband was jealous of her now that she is a size 8, compared to her old size of 22. She said it's keeping him on his toes and is good for him!
Old 01-19-2004, 10:36 PM   #4  

I am a size 10 petite. (I am only 5 feet 2 inches tall.) So, I am not what I would call thin. But I am NOT overweight anymore and my BMI is within normal range. I could probably fit in a size 8 petite, but while I was losing my 30 pounds, I did not buy new clothes. Then I waited and waited in my baggy, way too large clothes for months. That could be what prompted my mom in law to give me her closes (as mentioned above). Now I can't stand tight clothes. My clothes are lose enough that my pedometer cannot be worn on my waist band. {Don't tell anyone, but I wear it attached to my underwear. This is the only way I can get it read my steps.} I wear my pedometer ever day. Today I have taken 7979 steps. This is typical for after dinner.

Do you have a pedometer? I was wondering how many steps other people take in a day.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:51 PM   #5  

I do have a pedometer-unfortunatley it sits upon my dressing table all day-you are an inspiration to get it and wear it. I never went above 5000 steps in a day though-do you have an active job? I sit most of the day at my desk-like now! I will wear it tomorrow and post my findings the next day-that would be a good thread starter...
Old 01-20-2004, 09:56 PM   #6  

No, I have a degree in Computer Science and sit at a computer screen all day. Today I made it over 10000 steps by 3pm. I did a 4 mile walk before work and a 2 mile walk at lunch. Those walks, along with my usual everyday steps make me at 10850 after dinner. I woke up at 4:20am to get in my 4 mile walk before work. I can not do this every day. Usually I walk after work, but I knew I had a super stressful day today at work and there was no way I would have the energy to walk after work, so I hit the road early.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:44 AM   #7  

I forgot my pedometer today((again))! I am a probation officer and by the time I'm done with work, I'm exhausted! Then I have to pick up kids at daycare, start supper...does this sound like a bunch of excuses? I admire your energy! I will try to remember it tomorrow and build up steps each day-but you are way beyond my reach-keep up the great work!
Closed Thread