Old 01-16-2004, 03:26 AM   #1  
Mooz

Default Movin' & Losin' Part 12

Good Morning Chickies and you are all very welcome to our new home.
This is a good time of the year for movin' as this is the time when most people decide that they are going to be healthy.
For years I have been trying to lose this extra weight ......... more years than I care to remember ........ since I was in my 20's!! I am now 52!! The only time I got to a lower weight was when I got married in 1978. I weighed 142 pounds. I have joined WW numerous times and I always lost some weight at the start but then I found that I was getting into the habit of starving myself for the 2/3 days before weighin and pigging out the night after weighin.This always happened so I have given up slimmimg clubs. I know they do work for a lot of people but I am not a suitable candidate for them. My heaviest weight was 174. I am now 158.5 and coming down gradually.
I know I am going to lose this weight this time because I got a health scare with my Blood Pressure being up. I thought I was setting myself up to have a heart attack so 2 ways of lowering it are to lose weight and exercise more.
So I had to cut out most of the junk food, especially biscuits, and eat mainly healthy foods. I have a large bowl of porridge for my breakfast every morning now as it only has a trace of salt. I have sandwiches for lunch, a good dinner in the evening and a bowl of cereal at suppertime. In between I eat lots and lots of fruit and try to drink 2 litres of water.
I thought I could not live without my treats but I can. I do have some at times but not every day ........... maybe just at the weekend. The weight is coming off slowly but it is coming off.
I try and get for a walk every day at sometime and maybe even twice a day. I go linedancing once a week and I am trying to get into the habit of doing TaeBo regularly.
So what I am trying to say is think of your health ........ don't wait for something to go wrong before you start to eat healthy. You only get one chance at living this wonderful life you have been given. Don't let the food control you because none of us are happy when that is happening. We only need food to nourish our bodies We would not even dream of putting bad fuel into our cars so why should we give our bodies bad fuel. We have only been given one body in this life and we should treat it with the love and respect it deserves.

Fill this moment

This moment will pass by quickly. Yet before it goes, you can make it golden. You can sit there and watch this moment become forever lost. Or you can put yourself into this moment and make it forever yours.
This is a moment waiting to be lived. Imagine what can happen when you fill it with love, commitment, courage, and focused effort.

It is just a moment. And yet in this moment is truly everything you are, and the birth of everything you can become. If you waste this moment, you waste the most precious things you have. Instead, fill this moment, and the next and the next, with the best you can be, and there is no limit to what it can bring you.

This moment is yours to use, but only if you use it now, while it's here. Fill it with value and meaning before you send it on its way.

-- Ralph Marston

Last edited by mooz49; 01-16-2004 at 04:42 AM.
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:34 PM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Thank you for the new home. Your are right about the bad things that we put into our bodies. Why is that we do that. I too have battled with my weight what seems like my whole life. Trying to lose weight for somebody else or for some occasion that is coming up. In the last few months I have decided that I am doing this for me and me alone because if I don't look after myself I won't be here to look after anyone else. Well I must go it is another day off school today so I don't have much time with the kids running around to stay on here long. Have a wonderful day.
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:48 PM   #3  

Hello ladies,

It's been a long week. I still have not been able to stick one full day on SBD. It's just so hard to get back on track. Things have been hetic this week here at work & I wasn't able to post everyday.

Hope everyone is doing well...
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:48 AM   #4  

Default RE: Sunday morning in Kentucky...

[/FONT]
Good Sunday Morning Everyone!

I found the new home, and see everyone is sleeping in the cold and rainy January weekend. Me toooooooooooooo!!! I am off work tomorrow for the Martin Luther King Holiday - but will use that day to catch up on unfinished work (paper for class I took an incomplete in last semester).

So far, I am not OP as I was right though Thansgiving. It must be the cold, dark winter blues thing. I am getting ready to go meet friends for lunch and a movie. So this has to be quick.

Thanks Mooz for the new home. I bet Thin is a travelin woman these days? Nita how are you? What about the last Dr. Phil show? He is losing weight but saying nothing - notice? OneDay how is school? Catlover you are kind of quiet these days? Michellez ya still with us? LittleChick, you are our cheer leader, and we need a lift these days! I hope I have not forgotten anyone...

All the best...!!!!
HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 08:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 148.8

Good Evening Mooz,

Thanks for setting us up in a "new" and "cherry" home! I totally agree with you we can all start out fresh! I, like yourself, have been fighting this weight since I was 8 years old. And I can tell you growing up as a "fat" child can be most devastating! I never really lost weight until I was in my senior year of high school. It seems like only yesterday but it was 50 years ago. With all these new diet programs coming out it is so confusing. I did go for my physical on Friday and had only gained 2 lbs. since I seen her in October and she said that was great considering I went through the holidays. Also my blood pressure was 138 over 70 which means I beat the White Coat Syndrone this time. I told her about being frustrated because I want to lose at least 15 more lbs. and her advice was to do WW and start measuring my portions and cutting down the size of those portions. She said she did not approve of the different "fad" diets out on the market. She also advised me to take 1 baby aspirin a day. I still need to do the mamo and have a blood test and urine analysis.

Halgal -- You know I thought there was something different about Dr. Phil but now that you mention it he does look like he, too, is losing weight. For some reason I still think his wife is not an easy person to live with, however, they seem to get along quite well. Aren't you amazed at the guy that has lost 88 lbs. That is truly awesome. I have tried to converse on their message boards but have not been successful talking directly to any of the weight challengers. Tomorrow he is having a woman who lost, I believe 108 lbs., without going on a diet. This should be very interesting. American idol is coming on at the same time so I am going to tape Dr. Phil and watch him later. I am also reading his first book and I find it very slow reading!

Well I had better get moving I still have to do the treadmill this evening because I have not done it since Thursday.

Take care ladies.
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 11:22 PM   #6  
Give peace a chance.

Sorry I've been out of touch. Had some trouble posting--not sure why--and then got discouraged.

I have MLK Day off, and maybe that will be a good time to get back on track. Tho I haven't been eating as I should, I've done pretty well on my exercise--and my blood sugar was 100--hooray!!

Went to writing workshop today, which was really worthwhile. Hope to get back to more writing. I have been journaling more than before.

Well, need to get to bed.

Think I will have to take this looking for a new job thing seriously. I am thinking of hiring someone to do my resume--I just can't seem to find time.

Mooz--WTG on the wt loss!!

Good night and good dreams--
Catlover
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 01:41 PM   #7  

Hello Ladies,
The weather has turned cold here, but nothing like up north. Our high was around 40, but the winds chill bring it down to 33..We got alot of rain this past weekend, but we really needed it.

Still trying to get back on track... it's kinda of hard too when I just purchased a 1/2 gal of ice cream..this weekend I was busy with cleaning out closets & just junk that I have collected.

Oh, Oprah was having a weight loss show today too...

need to run...
Old 01-19-2004, 08:21 PM   #8  
Ready to Change

Hi chickies nice to see us back and posting....although I have the hardest time finding us. I have been OP for over two weeks now and I am done 5 pounds. I wish it was more but slow and steady wins the race. I too have had a struggle off and on since high school but I guess this time I want to do it for me and not for someone or something else. Well chicks I have to go I didn't sleep much last night and I am seeing double I am so tired. Good night.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:11 PM   #9  

Hello Ladies,
The weather is still cold here, i'm ready for some sunshine. I have always wondered if i had that "SAD"... i'm not really sure what it stands for, It has to do with no sunshine... in the winter i get the blues...
Still trying to get OP...i'm been having some pains in my side, & I went to the doctor thinking it could be my gallbladder, they sent me in for a sonogram, so I should get results by friday. I also have a dr appointment with my gastro doc, to see what all is going on.

LittleChick - WTG for being OP for two weeks... so now you are on phase 2...and WTG for losing 5 lbs... YOU GO GIRL...

Did anyone see OPRAH yesterday? it was about the getting with the program with Bob Green... apparently he has a 12 week program... Oprah was funny... I heard some excerpts where she said it's only taken me 10 years to get here & now you come out with a 12 week program"..... my mom recorded it for me, so I will probably see it this week sometime...

Hope everyone is having a OP day!
Old 01-20-2004, 11:15 PM   #10  
Give peace a chance.

LC--good for you! 5 lb is good.

1day--hope you get good results on the test. SAD is Seasonal Affective Disorder. You can get special light bulbs that say they help--don't know if that is enough or if you need more. Anyway, the dr should be able to diagnose it, and thank goodness it's quite treatable. Could be a lot worse.

Well, going to lose my job unless I can cut my talk time. Heck, I am a speech major--I always talked too much. I may pay someone to do my resume--I can't seem to find the time.

MLK holiday went by, and I am no more caught up.

Anyone hear the President? I went to a party with fellow peaceniks--not a very receptive crowd.

G'night all.

Catlover
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 03:10 AM   #11  
Mooz

Good Mornin' chickies1 Just a quick call before work. I have not had a lot of time recently to be on the computer. My new digital camera has arrived and I have been trying to figure out all the buttons etc., on it!
I did not lose any weight last week and I am going out for a meal with the linedancers on Thursday night so that will not help this weeks weighin but there will be other weeks!
Sinead has booked her holiday to Australia. She is going there with her best friend at the beginning of June. They will be there for about 8 weeks. Lucky girls!
Better go get ready for work.

The choices you make

Many of the things that bring you down are of your own choosing. You choose them because you assume there's nothing better available to you, but there always is something better.
Many of the things that bring you down are just old habits that you've never managed to break. You assume they are a permanent part of you, but they are not.

Sure it takes some effort to find and make better choices. Yet those choices are indeed there, and once you begin to find a few, a whole lot more will suddenly pop into view.

Yes, it takes time and commitment to overcome a destructive habit. Once you do it, though, you'll feel like you can take on just about any challenge, and you'll be right.

Think about who you really are, and what you truly want to do with your life. Let your best vision of who you are, and of who you can be, guide the choices that you make every moment.

Life can be easy, haphazard and empty, or it can be focused, directed and full. The choices you make will make you who you choose to be.

-- Ralph Marston
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 07:57 AM   #12  
Ready to Change

morning gals.....lt is lovey and sunny here today a little chilly but sunny none the less. 1day- I hope all is well with your gallbladder. I will keep my fingers crossed, I have heard more and more lately about SAD I wonder if it has to do with the fact that people are not outside doing playing like they used to in this day of technology. Mooz your lucky daughter I hope she has a wonderful trip. I would love to go there DH cousin who is in his late 20's is over there teaching. Well I must go talk to ya all later.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:03 AM   #13  

Hello Chickies~~~~~~
I have sure missed you all. Finally found a good time in the morning to get one of the 4 computers that they offer at the RV park we live at. They now have the antenna on the roof for the wireless computers, so getting a laptop is sure on the top of the list now. But we both might fight over it too much, DH & I that is!!

~~MOOZ~~That is awesome that Sinead will be able to travel to Australia. That is a place i always thought i'd like to see. That and the farthest north state of Alaska. I've been to Hawaii, so i feel pretty lucky there. It was awesome. And now getting to spend winters in such lovely temps i better start moving my butt and walking more. There are lots of walkers, and some go in the workout room to get it done on the treadmill. since today could rain(and did rain overnite)...that room will probably be busier than usual.

I am eating ALOT better that is for sure. The produce is cheap and good, and i have had salad everyday for lunch for 4 days running. RED BELL PEPPERS 2 for $1.00. YEAH! Last night we had salmon fillets, brown rice and green beans. I found a larger one of those grills(not a foreman, but it's by sunbeam). It was the last one at Wallyworld and had no book w/it, but it was $5.00. So every night now i have grilled our supper. We had boneless pork the night before and hamburgers before that. I have been cutting the bread WAY back. Like with my hamb. i had one with only 1/2 bun and the other burger just plain. I sure hope it is helping. Now for the exercise....
They have a pretty good scale in the workout room, so i will go and weigh in tomorrow early.

~~~1DAY~~Sending good wishes to you for a happy outcome from your tests. I wanted to watch the Oprah show, but i am still getting confused with the time these shows come on out here. The only dr. Phil i got to see was that prime time one with the family he is counseling. Thanks for all the updates on these shows. I will also have to look online i suppose.

~~LC~~~ about your 5# wt.loss. YGG~~ that is good and i do understand what you mean about being a slow loser. I too am the same.
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:12 AM   #14  

Me again...had to switch to another computer, as for some reason that keyboard just QUIT responding! I have no idea why, and i don't have the patience this early to try to figure that one out. I am not a computer geek as they say, but i can usually figure my mess out. But this could be something that another person changed.

~~CAT~~yes, i agree the President's speech was not particularly liked by all! LOL. The word here at the park is most did not even stay up to watch it, as you get plenty in the morn. on all the shows. I liked what Gen. Clark had to say this morn. w/Katie Couric. But of course he's running too. But we shouldn't have started this Iraq thing when we had other things to finish(like finding the 9-11 leaders first.) Well, things will be very bitter between the parties since they all are doing the election thing now.

Got to run and try to have a decent breakfast. Been having oatmeal every day for along time.
{{{HUGS}}}}to all you great chicks, and iw ill try to post again very soon.

thinlizzie
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:46 PM   #15  

Hello Ladies,
Got the news from my test & everything came back ok... so now I have a appointment on friday with my gastro. dr. Still having a hard time getting back OP... I know I need to just do it... but it's so hard...

Mooz - Oh, i'm sure Sinead will have a great time in Austrilia... for 8 weeks... Lucky girl... Is this with school, or just a vacation, or as you all say... Holiday.. How is Paul doing? Is he ready for another holiday?

Thin - i'm sure you are definitely enjoying the much warmer weather. With warmer weather we tend to eat lighter, as least for me. That is great the the RV park offers computer time.

LittleChick - glad your having warmer weather too. I don't know too much about SAD, I think i might read up on it, some pretty good sites.. most just want to sell you something.

Cat - OH, keeping my fingers crossed you find a job. I didn't watch the president... did some cleaning instead...

Nita, Hal, Mithchellez, Chacha, - Hope to hear from you all soon...

Wishing everyone a great day!