Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 09:07 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday Chit Chat - January 14

Good Morning,

Hope you all had a good night sleep.

I'm just waiting for my bacon to cook and I have my coffee already to guzzle.

BBL....
Old 01-14-2004, 09:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Leenie!

Your supper sounded good last nite! Don't ya just love cauliflower!!! You asked about my diet. I'm being good, eating right, drinking my water and exercising. I lost the 2 lbs I gained over the holidays and also lost one more, so my scale is down to 202. You know how my scale is girlie. It takes an "act of congress" to get that thing to move downwards, but I can tell that things are tightening up on my body - hopefully all the exercising is helping.

You get up at 4:45 every morning! WOW! What time do you have to be at work? and how long of a drive do you have? Normally I get up at 5:30, leave the house at 7:00, bring youngest ds to school, and make it to work a couple of minutes after 8:00 (which is fine with my boss). If I wanna exercise in the mornings, which is so hard to do when its cold, I have to be up before 5:00, so that is why I have been back walking at the mall during lunch.

When my boys were babies the only time I could get any exercise was to go for a walk during my lunchhour, but then I worked at a job where I rarely got to take a lunchhour. It is so hard to do when your kids are little and you work too. Do you get an hour for lunch? is there anywhere that you could walk during your lunchhour? If there is maybe you could aim to just walk 3 days a week during lunch and use the other 2 lunchhours to run errands or whatever. Don't guess there is any empty room during your lunchhour where you could do handweights or something huh? I always thought it would have been so cool to work somewhere that had a gym for the employees. Anyway, I'm just brainstorming here. Girl I know you do a lot already and run from dark to dark. I wish we worked by each other - we could walk together at the mall. I would love that!

Well I've got paperwork that is calling my name.

I will check back later.

Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-14-2004, 09:54 AM   #3  

BTW - did anybody else subscribe to the ad free forum? I did that yesterday and I love it! No more adds, and the pages load so much quicker. This is the only website that I go to everyday (I LOVE 3FATCHICKS) and I think that I am worth the $15 for 6 months!

cathy
Old 01-14-2004, 10:31 AM   #4  
CIN

Good Morning!
I was unable to enter chat last night.anyone else have problems with it?

Lynnie I am so glad to hear your excitement! You will be happy...if you follow the plan!I would like to think my members share your enthusiasm! If you have any questions.let me know!

I slept until 8 am this morning...............wow.I was shocked.I dont have a meeting until 2:30 and hope to work around the house............of course here I sit! Ha!

Later
Cin
Old 01-14-2004, 11:10 AM   #5  
Divine Gal

Good Morning Ladies... I didn't sleep well again last night.I have no idea why.My tummy doesn't feel to great today; so it looks like I will be eating light.Hope everyones day is going better then mine.

Cin:I am extremely excited.I haven't been like this about something in a long while.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 01-14-2004, 11:19 AM   #6  

Good Morning Cin! so glad to see you! glad to hear you got some sleep this morning too. I'm sure you need it! The only problem I've been having with the chatroom is that when I finally get in there, it is empty. I was able to get in there Monday nite at 9, but no one else was there. I just checked and was able to get in there without any problem. Did your password change yesterday when you had trouble getting onto the site? BTW - how is your finger doing with all this moving? What size crowds are you having at WW right now?

Good Morning Lynnie, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I hope it passes quickly! no pun intended! Hey? you gonna join on us on the daily food log and post your points and stuff? would love to see ya there!

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-14-2004 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:23 AM   #7  

Default Little tidbit FYI!

Hey I just talked with a good friend that is low carbing (actually she is doing sugar busters) but she told me that they have been putting regular oatmeal into a blender and grinding it up until it looks like flour and using it to bread their fish or chicken and that it is REALLY GOOD. She said she made chicken parmesan last night and breaded the chicken in the oatmeal powder and it was the best she had ever had. She seasoned up the oatmeal just like she would have flour. Tonight she plans to make a meatloaf and use the oatmeal powder like she would use breadcrumbs.

Just thought I would share that little tidbit of info - I'm gonna try it!

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-14-2004, 11:24 AM   #8  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx
Good Morning Cin! so glad to see you! glad to hear you got some sleep this morning too. I'm sure you need it! The only problem I've been having with the chatroom is that when I finally get in there, it is empty. I was able to get in there Monday nite at 9, but no one else was there. I just checked and was able to get in there without any problem. Did your password change yesterday when you had trouble getting onto the site? BTW - how is your finger doing with all this moving? What size crowds are you having at WW right now?

Good Morning Lynnie, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I hope it passes quickly! :wink: no pun intended! Hey? you gonna join on us on the daily food log and post your points and stuff? would love to see ya there!

hugs,
cathy
yeah i am going to start tomorrow.since it will be my new week
Old 01-14-2004, 11:32 AM   #9  

Great! Can't Wait!

will see ya there!
Cathy
Old 01-14-2004, 01:35 PM   #10  

Cathy are you in a good mood today? You are here a good bit today. I think it is great.

Not much going on my way. I am in a better mood today and I think it is b/c i started so the PMS is going away. ia m sure eveyone here at work is happy especially the males. I seem to have the hardest time with them when I am that way. I have nothing to do today and I forgot to bring my school books. So, I am just looking for things to do and I am not having any luck.

I'll chat with you later.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:08 PM   #11  

Yep Kemp - I'm in a good mood! and eating right and exercising and drinking water and all those things are just really on my mind and I just wanna talk about them. I noticed that some of the other boards are really hopping with lots of messages and chatter, but for some reason ours doesn't have much activity sometimes. I was just trying to get everybody talking.

Also I'm suppose to be working on year end forms like W2's and 1099's and jazz and I'm putting it off by playing around in here.

I love the days when I don't have anything that I have to do at work, bec then I get to play around in here more! I'm addicted!

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-14-2004, 02:14 PM   #12  

I love it when I feel like you do. I think everyone should feel the same way. Don't you just feel that life is great. I do feel pretty good just bored. I really wished i would have grabbed my school stuff. I have a test on Friday and I need to look over my notes. That is the one thing that I don't like about school, the notes. I love the practical side of it and if I can toot my own horn I am pretty good at it.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:39 PM   #13  

Good morning everyone
Leenie.....I had a good nights sleep last night....had to get up earlier than usual.....I have a hard time getting out of bed in the winter......so I asked DH to help me get out of bed....he did.
I went to coffee with friends this morning....then came home & had coffee with DH.
Lynnie.....hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks for helping me with the font & color thing.
Cathy.....I use the quick oatmeal in my meatloaf....don't grind it up though....it's really good.
April
Old 01-14-2004, 07:52 PM   #14  

Good Evening Chickadees!

What's everybody up to? Where is Liz and Tippy and JoAnne and LindaT and Sweetpea and all our others? we miss ya'll !!!!

I came home from work and hubby had caught a couple of flounder today running his fish lines. He had then all cleaned up and fileted and we seasoned one (cajun style) and have it baking in the oven now. I also fixed some cauliflower in the microwave with butter buds (YUM). All the guys are having baked potatoes with theirs. I'm just waiting on everything to finish up so we can eat. It's getting late. After getting everything cooking I did 20 minutes of strength training on my exercise ball. Man are my arms sore! They are just a shakin while I'm trying to type. LOL

Just thought I check in and see what everybody else is up to?

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-14-2004, 08:21 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi again,

Cathy, I love founder, can eat a ton of it mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm!
Tonight I had cheese & tomato quesdilla's on my george forman grill, with a dab of sour cream on top. I was gona have ckn but eh~

I get up at 4:45, get the coffee going, lunches ready, dog's water, teeth, hair, makeup, dressed by 6 am and thats when I wake dd. Get her ready and I'm putting her in the car by 6:30, then I drop her off an I'm off to work. I have to be there at 8 am. It takes me about an hour one way, from the time I leave my house, drop dd off and then to work. Then it takes 15 minutes to walk from my car in the parking lot to my office (the facility is HUGE), I usualy get to work 15 minuts early, where I start my pc, make more coffee, change my shoes and get settled. Pheeeeeeeew!

Then I leave work at 4:30, pick up my daughter, and by the time I get home, its 6 pm. Dinner's for us, feed the dog, showers for all, which is a project with dd, and then we play for 15 minutes until its time for bed around 7:30 pm. After that I clean the kitchen, usually grab a snack and finally I can sit down. You'd think I would be thin........nah !!!! I go to bed at 9:15

So there you have it......... lololol.

Gee I'm tired just thinking about it lol.
Closed Thread