South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 01:37 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 8"

Default Hot Teas...

After having my last child I was not able to drink anything with artificial sweeteners or iced tea...I don't know why, something got messed up and they tasted awful, with my first it was watermelon, still can't eat it

Anyway, so now all I drink are regular coke and water and I have never drank coffee. Really missing the Coke! With Splenda being so popular now, and with everyone saying its not too bad, I am slowly trying it out and it's not that bad. I bought the Madagascar Vanilla Red tea and had a cup this evening with a little Splenda and it was actually pretty good

Since I am new to the hot tea thing....any other recommendations? There are soooo many to choose from.

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2004, 07:47 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I am somewhat addicted to ginger tea. I don't know if Celestial Seasons makes it - Maybe in Red Zinger - but I find it does not need any sweetener. You might also consider trying stevia - it is natural and a tiny bit goes a long way. You might have to go to a natural food store to get it.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:55 AM   #3  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Do they still make ( I believe Celestial Seasonings) those sampler boxes of tea? I used to buy them in the store when I wanted to try a few different kinds. That might be a good idea for you, Chaz since you're trying to see what your personal preferences are.
Good Luck! I like most teas. They give me a warm cozy feeling on a cold Winter's night.
Sharon
Old 01-14-2004, 12:41 PM   #4  
Believe it & Achieve it

Yes, Celestial Seasonings makes two different types of sampler boxes. I would buy one of those to test out. I looked at them last night in the store, each box comes with 6 different flavors to try out. I would like to buy the Madagascar Vanilla Red, but I want to use up my Morning Thunder first.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:25 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 8"

I looked for the sampler pack at the grocery just awhile ago and they were out of the one I wanted I want the fruit tea sampler.

Will try again another day!

Thanks again!
Old 01-15-2004, 09:13 AM   #6  

I love green tea with lemon, sleepy time teas, and lemon zinger.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:52 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

Sugar Free Chai is good, too!
Old 01-16-2004, 07:38 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisainfl
I love green tea with lemon, sleepy time teas, and lemon zinger.

I just bought some green tea yesterday and I did not like it. How long do you let yours steep? And do you use lemon wedge or juice? Do you add anything else? lol Maybe its just not my cup of tea.

Last edited by GavinsMom; 01-16-2004 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:40 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinsMom
I just bought some green tea yesterday and I did not like it. How long do you let yours seep? And do you use lemon wedge or juice? Do you add anything else? lol Maybe its just not my cup of tea.
I use Lipton's green tea that has lemon peel already in the bag...i put some ocld water in a mug add the bag, then nuke for about 3 min 45 sec, and then i let it steep for another min or so. a lot of americans (non asians) dont like green tea b/c of its musky tendencies. you might have to try a few different brands to find one that you like. hths!
Closed Thread