Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 06:19 AM   #1  

Default Daily Thread -- Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Rise and shine!

I just emailed my sponsor my food plan for the first time. Even though it is the same basic meals I have been having for the past month or so, I felt really nervous and writing it down took FOREVER last night. I think I'm afraid it's going to be graded and found lacking or something. Anyway, it's done!

I start my master's classes tonight. Send some good vibes my way that I don't toss my food plan when I'm with all those other ladies at class. Also prayers for my DH and daughters for this afternoon. He will be doing child pick-up, taking the big one to ballet class and entertaining the little one for 1 1/2 hours while they wait, then the whole homework-supper-bath-bedtime routine. Welcome to my world, big boy!

Enough about me...what's on your agenda today? I'll check in late tonight to get up to speed with y'all!

Love ya,
Christy
Old 01-13-2004, 08:14 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Christy!
Hugs and prayers for you and your family today.

Thank you again so much for the hugs from everyone yesterday. They were greatly appreciated.

I'm going out this morning for breakfast with a friend. (Do I have the BEST job, here? ) I love having someone else cook for me. I don't want to jinx myself (knock on wood), but I think I may be back on track.

Have a wonderful day, girls... hugs for all of you...
Old 01-13-2004, 09:09 AM   #3  
Searching

Angry Good Morning

Kat- Good meditation. I thought that was just this last months issue of Yoga journal. What do I do 14 days a month? Shift manager at a corn mill, we work 12 hour days, 14 days amonth, on a rotating days to night schedule. Some people can't handle it, but I love it. Take me off shift and I am miserable

Jenelle-Whats new with you?

Sandi and Sand W- Waiting for check in

Ellis-Have a nice breakfast Yeah you probably have the best job SAHM. But I have always known that wasn't my destiny. Unless of course you want little children pegged to the wall with duct tape

Christy- Many prayers for you and your family No one is going to grade you are on your food plan, the only thing my sponsor has ever said is she would like to see more carbs in my food, but I can go as slow as I need to get there. I think you will do fine.

Well I am off to get this crazy day started, and I am SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY I have the next 2 days off

Miss Chris
Old 01-13-2004, 11:20 AM   #4  

Default Morning!

Hi all,

Christy - Good luck with your class! My disease showed up during my grad school life, so I know how stressful it can be. Lucky you to have the program, though. You can do it!

Ellis - I hope to be a SAHM when we have wee ones. But, depending on money, I may have to do some private therapy on the side. But I do love my job now. DH and I will begin TTC this summer.

Chris - Have a good "crazy" day!

OK, off to work. Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-13-2004, 03:14 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Kat... ummm... what's TTC? I'm not very good with these short-forms.
I NEVER thought I'd be a SAHM. I was a feminist, DAMNIT, and I was NOT going to look after my own kids! Until I saw my DD for the first time, and decided that no one else was going to be taking my baby away from me for the day! I can appreciate some people needing/wanting to go back to work, though. It's a personal choice. And staying home has NOT taken away from my being a feminist.
I did some work on the side, too. I had a soap making business for several years (plus co-owned a store), so I DID get out once in a while.

Miss Chris, enjoy your days off, hon!!
Old 01-13-2004, 05:17 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Christy...but we really don't have the summers off, do we? I mean, maybe two weeks or so, but then it's back to planning, decorating, classes to keep our licenses current....

I'm doing well...hanging in there...dreamed about a dear old friend last night...I haven't talked to him in ages...I miss him.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:32 PM   #7  
Searching

Default Godd Evening!

Have I told you gals the wonder that has been Nebraska lately. I have enjoyed 2 gorgeous 35+ F days. Jacket weather we call it here I love it, not too hot, not too cold.

Jenelle- I know what its like to cruise along, but I worry about you girl. How is your sticky coming along? Who was your friend?

Ellis- I knew your a feminist, I just figured you could move the cause forward better on the homefront We want our kids growing up with healthy views or women, other races, and all those other horride "liberal" things (I am really quite conservative, thats part of being in the midwest, I think if you don't think like everyone else your either a secular hummanist or a liberal )

Kat- Hope you had a good day girl. Check in again

Christy- Sending prayers and 's to help you out tonight.

Me, I had a good day! I must remember how serious my disease and my abstinence is to me, if I start to take this light hearted those chocolaates down the hall will talk to me. This is my life and my health I am talking about.

Going to workout with my sponsor again tommorow! She wants to make a plan for when I go back to night shift.

See ya'll in the morning!
Much love,
Miss Chris
Old 01-13-2004, 07:42 PM   #8  

Afternoon all!

Chris: LOL, liberal here! Don't know too many conservatives so I couldn't help but laugh at the "think like everyone else" comment. I think 50% of the country is somewhere in the middle and then 1/4 each goes to liberals and conservatives. But that's not a scientific study or anything.

Ellis: TTC = Trying to Conceive

I am a feminist, too, but have always wanted to be a SAHM (at least while they are small). I respect all women's (and men's!) choices, as long as they love their kids and spend quality time with them. I once got in an argument with a silly professor I had once. He had the gall to claim feminists were anti-SAHM. When I told him I was a feminist and would love to be a SAHM, he still kept arguing his opinion. Talk about a broad brush! All feminism is about is wanting women to be able to make choices. Gee, if I choose to be a SAHM I think that's just as empowering as deciding to be a woman who chooses to not have any kids. To each their own.

Jennelle: You teachers rock! I'm a fly by the seat SLP, so I do not do too much planning. I think teachers put so much into their professions and should get paid WAY more than they do!! Yay teachers!

So today I pushed lunch to the end of the day so I could leave work early. I hung out at a local diner, ate lunch , and read my novel for 2 hours. It was so nice and relaxing.

I got a 90 minute yoga CD in the mail today (Bryan Kest's Spinal Strengthening). Not sure if I am going to brave it today or not. It came with a booklet, so I am going to check out the pictures first. I definitely need to do something stretch-wise today, since I am still sore from Sunday's workout.

So, where is everyone from? I can't help but be shocked when Chris says she loves 30 degree weather! I'm such a baby when it comes to the cold, now - you'd never known I grew up with it. Today was sunny and 75 degrees. Perfect day, IMO.

How is everyone else?

OK, gonna post today's meditation....
Old 01-13-2004, 07:43 PM   #9  

Default Meditation

January 13 "Inner Harvest"
Hazelden Meditation Series

A mark of maturity is our ability to live with ambiguity.

One of the common characteristics shared by many of us who have eating
disorders is the tendency to view life by means of polarities. We think in
rigid terms of black and white, all or nothing, one extreme or the other.
Then we find ourselves loving and hating someone, or pulled in two different
directions, and we have trouble fitting our feelings into our rigid system
of thought.

Growing up--and recovering--expand our comfort level so we are better able
to accept life's paradoxes. The fact is that reality frequently defies our
attempts to categorize and sort it into neatly labeled packages. We learn to
live with conflicting feelings, with situations where our role seems murky
rather than clear-cut.

With maturity, we have a deeper understanding of both our selves and others,
which softens our edges and helps us judge less and empathize more. In
humility we accept our limitations, and in faith we leave what we do not
understand to the grace of a poser greater than ourselves.

Today, I will stretch my tolerance for life's ambiguities.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:43 PM   #10  

Default Hi all...

Back in from my class. Not really a class at all; another "organizational" meeting. Enough of that already! Let's get to work man! Stayed right with my food plan today. Although I did start praying as soon as I hit the door tonight, "Please don't let me eat anything, God". More like chanting actually. He listens; it's working!

Ellis -- I so envy you your SAHM status! DH and I have gone round and round about this. It's just not something he'll get on board with...sigh. Finances aren't an issue; I'm not sure what his problem is with it. Any discussions we've had on it end with hurt feelings (mine) and a brick wall (him). I console myself with the knowledge that if I do have to be employed outside the home at least I have a schedule/calendar that is family friendly.

Glad you're feeling better about your South Beach plan! Go, girl!

Jennelle -- You're right about that time off! Seems like I spend the first part of summer consciously trying to get school off my mind and the second part being super excited about going back. Post more often so we'll know what's up with you.

Chris -- Enjoy your workout tomorrow. Sounds like your sponsor really has your number. I can't believe you call 30 degrees jacket weather! Brr! We get some cold air here in the mountains, but I'm not that hardy.

Kat -- I'm in rural southwest Virginia. Beautiful mountainous community...about as un-LA as you could get! LOL Thanks for your "teachers rock" praise! We don't get that often enough in my opinion! Do you work as SLP with a school system or therapy services or what? I've always thought that field was interesting.

Well, I'm off to do some writing and relaxing. See you in the morning, girls!

Love,
Christy
Old 01-13-2004, 10:05 PM   #11  

Default Just a note before the day ends...

I braved my new yoga CD. I did only 60 minutes of it (it's 90). I really feel stretched, though!

Christy: I work in a private school for kids with special needs (mainly autism). Districts send their children here (a small handful of parents actually pay). I used to work in a local school district for 4 years, also.

Have a good night, all!
Closed Thread