Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 08:58 AM   #1  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default Monday Motivation!!

Good morning all,

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Yay PATS!!!! The Patriots won on Saturday and so I'm very excited. It's been bitter cold here as well. Saturday morning it was -3 degrees, but with the windchill factor the news said it felt like -25 degrees. Ouch! It's a bit warmer today (20 degrees) although I woke up to 3 inches of snow.

I am pretty much back on track. Swam 5 times this week, went to curves 4 times, and went to my gym, Healthworks 4 times. I drank so much water that I think I should set up an office in the ladies' room. And I only used 8 of my flex points. Tomorrow is my weigh in and I think I should lose 1-2 pounds, if not more!

Ali - It's good to see you're still here. You were always an inspiration. I will be thinking of you... and I hope you are okay. When is your appointment? Please let us know what the doctor says. i will be praying for you.

Hope everyone has a good monday!

Lisa
Old 01-12-2004, 10:09 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lisa!!!! I'm so glad you're back. I've been out on vacation and from what I can gather, there was a server crash while I was gone and your update on your life disappeared into the ether. How go's work? Are you still with Brian? After reading your work-out schedule from last week, I think I've got to crown you our new work-out queen.

Ali - I'm glad to see you too. I've missed you!!! Hope that all is O.K. with the dr. appt. please keep us updated so we don't worry. So do you love living in sin as much as I do?

Belle - Your gown is beautiful. So simple. How did you decide what type of gown you wanted? I'm trying to decide. Although we still haven't decided on whether we want to go to Hawaii or Alaska for our wedding and that might make a bit of a difference in my dress!

Kier - Are you back in school yet or still on semester break?

Jess - What's been going on in your life?

Jayne - Update girl, update. Surely something scandalous has happened in your life! (Hee-hee).

Well, I've only worked 3 days since 12/23 so I've had a very extended vacation. Just returned from a trip to FL with CB and another couple. We did the Magic Kingdom one day and Seaworld another. Yesterday was our last day and I completed the 1/2 marathon I've been training for the last 4 months. I did it in 3.04.40. I'm a walker and that is roughly a 14 minute mile which I think is a pretty good pace for my first race ever! The race was held on the Disney property so I got to walk through Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. It was a wonderful experience - they shot off fire works at the start, some racers dressed up in Disney themes and Disney Characters were all along the race path to cheer us on. CB came to support me (I was a little amazed that he loves me enough to get up at 3AM ) and was at miles 4, 9, and the finish line to cheer me on.

I'm really proud of the way I handled eating over the vacation too. I didn't gain at all. I worked out on 3 days as planned and twice while eating out I asked the waitress to substitue veggies for fries. Woo-hoo.

I'm planning a week of recovery from the 1/2 marathon and all my training so this week I only have 6 easy sessions planned. I'm treating myself to 5 yoga classes this week and will spend 90 minutes this weekend with the new Balance Ball work-outs I got.

Must try to catch-up on work now. Come out and post though. I've missed you all and NEED updates on your lives.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:21 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey Laura... CONGRATS on the 1/2 marathon. I would LOVE to do the Disney one, just need to get into shape for it. I am so jealous you were in my 2nd home. We are already planning our next vacation. Maybe not until December tho.

I got nothing done this weekend. I have so many things to do that it seems like I get nothing done. And with 2 little kids, life always changes.

Lisa, I don't even have time to do 1/2 of the exercise you do. WOW...

OK, must get some work done. Things always seem so hectic here. The lady whose husband died suddenly is coming back on Wednesday. We also have a new person starting tomorrow for the other open position. So I will be a busy girl!!
Old 01-12-2004, 10:38 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Things just went way freaky at work. Won't be logging in from here again anytime soon. Will try to update you if we get a connection at home. Take care.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:47 AM   #5  

Hi there Lisa!
Small world, I live near Boston too, on the South Shore though.

Congratulations on such a fabulous weight loss!!!
How inspirational!
Old 01-12-2004, 12:22 PM   #6  

Hey girls,

I SO don't want to be here today (not that I ever do), but my eye starting twitching on the way to work this morning and has not stopped. That has to be some sort of sign, right? What makes that happen anyway? So I tried to weigh in at the body challenge this past weekend and it was a complete madhouse. There were hundreds of people in line when we got there at like 10:30, and I was hungover and not about to stand there for a few hours just to get weighed in or be on TV. It amazed me how many people need/want to lose weight, and those were just the ones who had heard about this challenge! The ironic bit was that they were doing the weigh-ins, etc on the food court level, and some of the people in line were eating pizza, hot dogs, etc. Plus all the people seated around them were chowing away.....and we wonder why this nation is so obese.

Lisa, you sound like a workout queen! I'm not even a member of one gym, let alone 2. Go Pats!!

Laura, if you get a chance to read this, WTG on the half marathon! You're such an inspiration.

Jen, good luck at work! I'm just trying to make it through the day.....
Old 01-12-2004, 12:56 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

This has got to be quick but I had to share - my WI on Saturday after 2 weeks was great - down 4#!! - that puts me up only one since Christmas. Now to be good all week...Work will be hectic today so I'm getting back to it - hi to everyone!!
KT
Old 01-12-2004, 01:41 PM   #8  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Laura, I sent you a private message sine it sounds like you may not be online for a while. It's great to hear from you girl!

Hi Jen-L, I hope work is going well. And don't forget to re-port the pics of the little ones... I bet they are as adorable as EVER!

Sarah - what a small world. I live in Allston. How cold was this past weekend? They say Thursday's supposed to be even colder. You can do it, I'm sure of it. Have you started WW yet? The pounds will come off slowly, but surely. Slowly's the best way to go. The slower it comes off, the less likely you are to re-gain.

Lexxy - So, did you get to do the weigh in? Or did you leave? That sounded cool. There was one someone near me too, but I didn't do it. Yes, GO PATS!

KT!!! 4 POUNDS! You are my hero. That's awesome! Yes, those holidays, but you seemed to get the pounds off in good time. Congrats!

I have weigh in tomorrow. I'm so impatient, that I stepped on the scale at my gym, which sayd I'm down 2 pounds, but they are different scales - so there's no telling.

I've been prinitng out 100's of recipes, but they're not all low-fat. I love printing recipes, but I never seem to make them. Brian's been out of town, but when he gets back, I'll have him pick a recipe or two, and we can make them.

Is it 5 o'clock yet?

Lisa
Old 01-12-2004, 02:59 PM   #9  

Lisa, I didn't get to do the weigh in. I couldn't handle the crowds!
Old 01-12-2004, 04:30 PM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

Just so no one worries like they did when I disappeared on vacation.....

My boss was fired today. I'm an executive assistant so when there is no executive......anyway the status of my job is uncertain at the moment (believe me I've spent the day trying to find out what will happen). I'm going to avoid personal internet use (even on breaks & lunch) until the dust settles.

Also, it appears that I have not conquered stress eating - McD's steak and egg bagel, 6 mini candy bars, french fries...ugh!

We've decided to get home internet access in case I have to job hunt. I'll check in again once we've gotten that hooked up.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:35 PM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Laura, good luck... I'll be thinking about you...and when you get all hooked up, there's a PM waiting for you. Take care!!
Old 01-12-2004, 09:19 PM   #12  

Well, Monday is not quite over, so I can still post here

I have rejoined WW again. I'm a Old Time LTM'r
Lost over 50 lbs in my mid 20's
Now in my mid 30s (ok 34) I have even more to lose.
Have two babies in two years will do that to a person LOL!!

I joined up and LOVE this meeting! The leader is fabulous!
Full of spunk! And what a huge group! I'm sure after the new year resolutioners leave it won't be quite as large...but I just really liked it.
It's in Weymouth. I was going in Quincy, didn't care for the leaders there.

While I was working, I'm a SAHM now, I went to the meeting in Boston at the YMCA.

Yes, steady and slow is certainly the route to go.
It's the long ride home...but I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the scenery

Happy Monday (evening!) to all,
Sarah
Closed Thread