Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 05:36 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Unhappy Throwing myself a pity party!!

Ladies ladies.....

What is wrong with me today? I'm feeling down. I'm not sure if it's because TOM is lurking around the corner or what but I feel absolutley pathetic today!

I stepped on the scale and saw my 150lbs. and just about cried. I saw this just last week so what's the difference then and now?? Then,, I looked in the mirror and that did it. I'm sooo disappointed in how I just let myself go. So I took a shower and cried a little. Felt a little better so maybe I just needed to release those tears that have been ready to fall for awhile.

I worked on myself so hard when I was working at Sony. And I was soooo proud of my accomplishment and how I was maintaining the loss. And it all came crashing down around me when they closed their doors. I knew depression in the past has made me not care about myself....but I honestly didn't realize that the closure affected me this way.

I just wanted to come here and tell you girls
Thank You for being here and just letting me bawl my eyes out! I'm glad that I found this site. You girls have been here for me ever since I've joined!! And it's a good feeling.

Well... I'm going to dry my eyes and work on my attitude. Thanks for listening ladies!!

Marti
Old 01-11-2004, 09:43 AM   #2  

<<<HUGS>>> Come on sweetie! I've seen your pictures and you are really cute. (O.k. maybe it would help more if that came from Antonio Banderas and not some fat lady typing on a computer in Arkansas.... but.... ) I've never lost a job, but I remember the pain my dad went through when the company he was with for 20 years or more shut its doors. He also had a lot of panic because the economy around here nose-dived and no one wanted to hire a man so close to retirement. (The Lord sent him a job the WEEK the unemployment was running out!) It can really have an impact on your life.

I go through my little pity parties a lot around TOM (and they're getting worse through the years ) I started a journal where I write down everything that I'm thankful for and that sometimes helps. Also, just crying like you did sometimes does wonders. Bawl your little eyes out!!! What does it hurt? You're in the shower and no one will know! But I usually feel much better afterwards. And it can be over nothing- who cares? It's your crying session. Sometimes us women just cry because..... well.... because! (because you have a hangnail.... because your dog humped your leg... because you can't pee standing up..... ) LOL And post any time. We're here for you! <<<HUGS>>>
Old 01-11-2004, 12:50 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Unhappy

Can I join your pity party Marti? I have been doing a number on myself lately also. To go from my bedroom to the bathroom there is a double mirrored closet and let me tell ya- says it all! I am so disgusted with myself. And I know what I have to do, it's just a matter of doing it. Why can't I just do it and stick with it? It is so very hard.

Anyway, (HUGS) (HUGS) (HUGS) (HUGS) (HUGS) to you Miss. Marti. We are here for you ANYTIME you want to talk. We all go through it from time to time and you know what? it is good to get it out. Whether you come here and talk about it, write it down in a journal or get a good cry-or even all of the above. Lord knows I have done all of the above. I can only imagine the impact a lay-off has on one. Just know we are here for you and you are a beautiful lady.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:52 PM   #4  
self portrait

Marti, Marti, Marti. I am here for you girl. I am the one preson on here that feels your pain, since we worked at the same place. I complained about how much I hated working there, then they closed and I have felt losed and depressed ever since. I too have let myself go and when I look in the mirror and can't fit into my favorite jeans anymore, I want to be sick. I am so glad that I have you to support me through this yucky stage in my life and have someone to sympathize with me. However, even though you probably don't beleive me when I say this, you are not fat. Sure we both could stand to lose a couple pounds, but we could be a **** of a lot worse. Maybe I should take my own advice when I look in the mirror and think I am the fattest person in the world. But, we aren't and your man thinks you are the hottest thing since sliced bread.
I was watching the Maury show the other day ( I am ashamed I was sucked into the episode!!) and they had people on there that had lost 1000 pounds or more combined. Talk about putting our little weight gain into perspective. This people were morbidly obese and they lost 200-400 pounds each. We are nothing compared to them and it made me realize that if these people could do it, well by jove, so could I. I guess it makes someone that is worse than you to make you feel better about yourself. I know that sounds bad, but it is true. Just remember we are all here for you, especially me since we can get together and cyr, mope, have pity parties and laugh our blues away together. Keep your chin up my friend and know that everyone has these days, I am going through a month like that myself right now. It will get better. Know that you are loved by many. :-)
Old 01-11-2004, 02:30 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Hugs to you who need them! Speaking as a woman who no longer has to worry about PMS (Thank you, Lord!!) the day will come when you won't have these feelings that are hormone-induced!

When you want to feel blessed, make a mental list of all the people who have it worse than you. As far as weight goes - I need to lose 100 pounds! Now your 25-30 pounds doesn't sound so bad anymore, right?

But most of all, when you need to cry, no matter what, you just go ahead and get it out, and come here for support. We all value you and are glad you're part of our "family".

Jana
Old 01-11-2004, 02:49 PM   #6  

Angry Thank you ladies!!!!

Wow---you girls are all so sweet and wonderful!! Thank you for all your kind words.

And I am sorry for whining over my weight. I know there are others who have more to lose than I do, and I don't mean to sound so petty about it all. In fact, I don't know what came over me. It was like a realization that it's time to really work on it. I don't know.

But I do know that I'm feeling better. In fact I was feeling better yesterday after spending time with James. The way that man looks at me sometimes....he doesn't even have to say a word! I can see the love in his eyes and in the way he grabs my arm and squeezes....I love him so much it's incredible!

You girls are wonderful. Thank you for letting me have my little Pity Party and letting me cry my eyes out. (I still have them btw, I didn't lose them! ) It truly felt good knowing that I could come here and just let it out and not have anyone come down on me and make me feel worse. You are all a great support group!!

And to Shanna... I know you know exactly how I feel about the work thing! Having been there too....You have truly become a very close friend to me since I started working at Sony...and even now....we reamain friends afterwards! I'm glad to have you here!! Thank you Shanna Banana!!

Love to you all!!!

Marti
Old 01-11-2004, 08:29 PM   #7  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Marti,
I have been there with loosing a job,,,and I lvoed that job. Great pay wonderful hours and fun people. And it was all gone. *POOF

I know I was depressed after that for a time,,,its normal.

So go ahead and cry and vent with us,,,

hugs,
Angie
Old 01-12-2004, 10:59 PM   #8  

Thanks Angie--

I appreciate you and the rest of the girls so much. You are all like family! Thanks for being here for me.

Marti
Closed Thread