Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 04:39 PM   #1  
Movin' to the Country!

Default Stay at Home Mom's # 116

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
Old 01-10-2004, 09:21 PM   #2  
soontobethin

Hello everyone,
Spryng, congrats on losing all that weight. I can't wait until I am in the 130's. I can't wait until I am in the 140's. I did buy some new jeans two weeks ago with a g.c. I got for Christmas, and they are a size ten, which I haven't been since 1999. A little loose in the waist and butt, but too soon for an 8. Candy, I was also 125 when I got married, but I will settle for anything in the 130's.
Well, I don't know exactly what I did, but I hurt my back really bad. I haven't been able to sit upright for the past two days, which is why I haven't been on here. Finally feels better today. I need to get out the heating pad again, so hopfully it will be all better tomorrow. I am going to go help my mom clean her basement.
If I had any advice on potty training boys, I would give it. However I am in the process of potty training my 3 yr old. Soooo frustrating. If any one can help me too, it would be greatly appriciated. I have tried books, making him go every hour, watching dad and big brother, etc. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:22 PM   #3  
2BoysMom

Hey Ricci,

Hope your back gets better really soon! Glad you were able to get up today.

Boys are in bed ... me too. TTYL.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:58 AM   #4  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey gals! Well, landclearing guys came and gave us a price that seems really reasonable so that looks good. Geri, here's the link to my plans: http://details.coolhouseplans.com/de...dID=1&sid=chp1

As for potty training, I think each kid has to do it when they are ready. I started working on both mine when they were 14 months old. My DS was potty trained by 2 1/2 and my DD was potty trained by 2. And Geri, my son preferred to sit down. He even knew how to hold his little weewee (???) down and everything. Now he stands though. He started that all on his own. When he was potty trained, he was potty trained. No accidents, no pull-ups at night. My DD on the other hand, has frequent accidents and still wears a diaper at night and always peepees in it. This may sound gross but it is what worked for me, I would let them run around naked for a few hours and they would almost always run for the potty when they had to go because they didn't want anything running down their legs. My dd got on the toilet and peepeed at 16 months because she didn't have a diaper on.

Anyhows, Ricci, hope your back gets to feeling better. I know it stinks not being able to do what you want to do. Hopefully, it is just a pulled muscle and the heat and rest will get you all fixed up.

Well, I'm gonna go. Just wanted to check in. Talk to ya'll later!!!
Old 01-11-2004, 09:09 AM   #5  
Movin' to the Country!

Geri, I just saw your album over on the sight! Your kids are sooo cute and you are a pretty lady yourself! I really enjoyed seeing them, thanks for posting them.

I've posted a few pictures from vacation that my mom had taken on her digital camera. My mom titled each of the pictures so the ones that say "Dad" are my dad and then DH's dad is one. And no, I do not think I look like a model! You'll see what I mean. Check 'um out.

http://groups.msn.com/MomslosingWeight

TTLY!
Old 01-11-2004, 11:09 AM   #6  

Just a quick note...I LOVE all of the pictures at Candy's site. I'm going to figure out how to log on. I love putting a face to ya'll! I will try to figure out how to put my family on there soon.
Well, we had a great day yesturday! My friend and her husband loved the plane ride and dh was happy that no one got sick!! (we ate mexican for supper) Well, I'm missing church today b/c I need to wash clothes and get dh ready to leave tomorrow. I will check back in with ya'll later today. Everyone have a great Sunday!!!!
Old 01-11-2004, 07:49 PM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
I am back, minus computer woes. I left a post on the old thread last nite about potty training. Maybe tomorrow when I have more time I will paste it in here. But I will add (as someone already did) that each child trains at his/her own pace. With my 3, 2 trained at under2 1/2, and one at just over 3. And my son was the youngest- go figure!!! But I know lots of families who had the most difficulty with boys.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Gotta go!
See ya tomorrow.
Ginny
Old 01-11-2004, 08:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Just got home. Boy I feel like I have been going non-stop since friday. Thankfully tomorrow all I have to do is buy some groceries and then stay HOME!!! lol. SIL is coming for dinner tomorrow night. I'm going to be making that rosemary chicken with white beans for her. I really love it too.
How was everyone's weekend?
Sorry I'm not getting personal tonight. DS (3 yo) is in the tub and we are all winding down for the day and I want to go and relax awhile. I'll chat with you ladies tomorrow. G'nite!
Old 01-12-2004, 09:29 AM   #9  
burned out bus driver

G'morning!!!!!!!!
I tried to post earlier......the site was down. And now no real time to post, as I have to go to work. School is on a 2 hour delay because of some light snow. So, it is off to drive the gang I go. Got my WAP tape done this am, did not feel like sliding on the white stuff.
Sorry I can't get personal right now. Gotta go. Have a great day!!!!
BTW- anyone heard from Jen???? It has been a long time since she posted. I miss her and Michele too!!!! (Jackie, hon, you still lurking out there???)
See ya!
Ginny
Old 01-12-2004, 10:29 AM   #10  

Good Morning Everyone!

I got Dh off this morning around 3 a.m. He drove to Memphis and had to be there at 8 a.m. I'm going to miss him this wk, but I'm glad we are getting this over with. Our BIL's parents offered Dh a room to stay in at their house. So, that saved us $1500 over the next 2 mo. in hotel costs. (the company doesn't pay the costs for training) Anyway, I'm very tired and my little one is still asleep. He had a hard time going to bed last night. I think he must have sensed something going on. My neighbor took Andrew to school this morning so I wouldn't have to wake Alex up. It comes in handy to have some of your best friends as neighbors!
Ginny, I'm glad your computer is working again. I hated when Dh took mine with him last time he was out of town. We get attached to those things!
Spryng, I'm glad you had a good time shopping and hope you have a quiet restful day at home.
Candy, are you finished with your week of the raw veg. diet? I bet that first bite of cooked food sure did taste good!!! I'm proud of you for sticking it out! I don't know if I could have done it!!
Ricci, I sure do hope your back gets to feeling better! It must be hard to take care of the kids when your in pain.
Hi Geri! Hope you're having a good day!
If I missed anyone, I'm sorry. I'm running on half a tank this morning. Going to take a bath! TTYL!
Old 01-12-2004, 10:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi!

I'm back again & "No" Ginny, I haven't been lurkin' around the threads either. I've just been way too busy! Today is the first time back since last week. I started Slim Fast for breakfast on Monday-January 5th & dropped a few pounds since then. Saturday morning I walked into Wal-Mart and was approached by a spokeswoman for Slim Fast. So...I reconfirmed my weightloss commitment by filling out an application for the weightloss challenge, weighing in with them, having my mug-shot taken and them went home with a "Freebie" packet of goodies. I received a nice newsletter with some helpful info, a tiny pedometer, coupons for Slim Fast & also 2 free meal bars. What a deal, huh? I'm not totally following the Slim Fast plan, but it sure helps. I'm doing a combination of SF, WW & Dr. Phil's plan, along with exercise. I'm bound & determined to hit my goal weight this time, as I'm totally disgusted with myself right now. My mini goal is to lose 10# by 2/14 & so far I have around 8# more to lose. I'm glad that our thread has grown quite a bit since I last posted regularly, as I need all the support that I can get & it's so much fun hearing other gals ups & downs as well. Let's do this together, okay? I've done it before with 3FC's help & I will do it again! Well, I've gotta sign off for now. Catch you all later!
Old 01-12-2004, 10:49 AM   #12  
2BoysMom

Yeah! The forums are back up! Tried to get on last night but couldn't. Don't know squat about these things but seems like a real pain.

Well, I had started a post then my fat fingers hit something and I completely lost it!! Arrrrgh!

Thanks everyone for your potty training advice. I know I have to wait until he's ready ... just seems I'm always changing a diaper! I remember when we were kids and my Mom used cloth diapers ... OK stop laughing young ladies ... we used to have to rinse those dirty diapers out. So much easier to just toss them out.

Candy, thanks for re-posting your house plan link... I love to look at those. Thanks for the compliments on our pics also. You're so sweet and I think your butt isn't very big at all!! I can only dream of a butt that size .

Andrea, glad you got Dh off OK. Too cool that you can save $1500 in hotel expenses too. Hope the airline pays good so you can make up some of this lost money!! Get some rest today girl!!

Welcome back Ginny! You just missed alot of downtime for the site . Glad to have you back. Our snow is melting . We might get another inch or two this week. Will really loved sledding. I even went down once yesterday. You would think with all my natural padding that it wouldn't seem so bouncy It was fun anyway. It's just our front yard and the hill isn't that huge. Perfect for Will.

Hey Spryng, try and get some rest will you? Sure, with 3 kids at home

MIL is having her hip replaced tomorrow so we get her dog for a couple of weeks. The kids will love it. Don't know how much I will. She took him to the groomer and had his hair cut so that should cut down on the dog hair ... now I'll just have to deal with wet paws. If I can stand it for a couple of weeks maybe we'll eventually get a dog for the boys. I'm more of a cat person but Dh can't stand kitties.

Well, I had better get going. I have WI tonight and I'm doing the program. I got some info off of Dr Phil's site to share with my TOPS group. I wasn't too thrilled that he jumped on the weight loss band wagon ... just thougt he was doing it for the money. Caught a show last week where he had his family members on. Seem there is alot of obesity and health problems in his immediate family so I'm feeling much different about it now. Has anyone read his book? I probably won't but I do like the way he looks at people doing stupid things and pretty much says "duh, what the heck are you doing???". Common sense.

OK, going to go now. I'll try to get to the chat room on MSN at 2 central if anyone is going to be there today.

Have a great day ladies!!
Old 01-12-2004, 10:52 AM   #13  
2BoysMom

Hi Jackie ... we posted at the same time!! Good for you with the loss so far!

TTYL
Old 01-12-2004, 01:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
jackie!!! So glad to know you are back for good!!! And yes, we can and will succeed together!!! have you dusted off the ole' recumbant bike? I know you used to be able to ride that and post at the same time! Very talented, lol.
Geri, rest?? what is that? lol. Last night was a horrible night. DS woke up with nightmares, and then tanner woke up too, which he hasn't done in months. So I didn't get much restful sleep. but I'll be napping today for sure. lol. And no I haven't read Dr.Phils book but I do watch the shows and I think lots of people are doing great on it... but I still favor WW because we don't have to buy all those "specific" kinds of food. But I think any program is great if you can make it a lifestyle change.
Andrea, I hope you do fine with DH gone. Mine won't be back in for 2 more weeks. I miss him alot. But I do fine. Just keep yourself busy and the time will fly.
Ginny, glad to hear you got a walk in indoors, lol. I plan on getting some exercise in tonight also. Hey were we going to chat today at 2 pm central?? I'll try to be there if I'm not alseep yet.
Well... I'm done running for today. Got my groceries for the week. Has anyone tried those morningstar farms burgers or products?? I bought some of the "better than burger" patties and I'm excited to try them. Just 2 pts each and everyone on the WW site raves that they taste just like a real hamburger patty. But tonight I'm having the rosemary chicken with white beans. Yum. That has become my favorite new dish. I bought enough to make two dinners because my SIL was suppose to be coming over, but now she isn't so now I can have it twice this week! lol. That is fine with me. But I had subway for lunch and I'm satisfied until dinner.
Guess I'll get off here. Oh Ginny, since the site was all messed up last week I didn't ever hear about your WI or meeting. Did it go ok?
TTYL!
Old 01-12-2004, 02:56 PM   #15  
2BoysMom

HI Spryng. My youngest Ds has been waking up a lot at night too and then he's raring to go by 5 or 6am too. Drives me nuts!

I didn't think Dr Phil had a specific eating plan, but maybe he does. I don't really follow it. I just like alot of what he says.

TTY in the msn chat room!
Closed Thread