Old 01-10-2004, 02:58 AM   #1  
Head Princess

Talking It's The Little Things....

So we were talking about this before the great server crash of 2004 and I'd like to keep it an ongoing topic. What little things are you noticing that are different?

Some of mine have been:
* Crossing my legs - and the crossed one almost hangs straight down!
* Wrapping a towel around me and it doesn't make that 'A' shape anymore
* My wedding ring slides all over the place

And tonight's contribution and the reason I'm online at all right now:

When I lay curled up on my side, I have a hard time getting comfortable because my knees jab into each other! I either have to stagger my legs now or put a little pillow between my knees. Talk about unexpected!!!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 08:42 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I haven't noticed to much, maybe a pair of pants is looser but thats it.

What I'm looking forward to is putting my wedding rings back on and walking with my head held high instead of looking at the ground. And being able to buy a Large instead of XXXXXXXX's

I wanna be able to ride my bike w/out feeling like a blob and embarassed, and I would like to take my dd to parks and go on rides w/her.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 12:11 PM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

I can feeeeel my bones under my skin!!!!!! I love that!!

PLus I bought a new belt a couple weeks ago and now it doesn't fit anymore.....toooo big! Yippeeeeeeee I had to poke more holes in it!

My favorite store in the mall is called Torrid, it is cool clothes size 14 and up, well I used to have to look at only the biggest girl clothes and now I am getting closer to the smallest in the store...and then some day maybe I will be able to shop at Hot Topic again ( that is the skinny version of Torrid!) I am so excited!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 02:37 PM   #4  
Searching

None of my rings fit.
I am in between sizes in pants
I can turn over in the bathtub, and I can get all my body in the water except the boobage!

Miss Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 03:20 PM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

I mentioned this before, but I really like it -- my feet are getting skinnier! I never knew they were fat, but apparently they were. My feet look SO much better in sandals now, which is fabulous since I wear them all the time.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 03:21 PM   #6  
Head Princess

Ohhhhhhhh - TG - I love torrid and hot topic! I just recently discovered that I can't shop torrid anymore. We should go on a shopping date! DH works at Lloyd Center.
Old 01-10-2004, 03:51 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

You know with all the weight I gained, my feet are still skinny, I look funny with skinny ankles and feet and a big blob on top haaaaaa.... OY <---- exactly

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 01:43 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

OH yeah SP we should go shopping... I love to shop! Wow your DH works at Lloyd Center, does he get discounts??
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 10:54 AM   #9  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

My turn:

Okay the silver bracelet watch that I can now wear as it doesn't cut into my skin and leave atrocious marks behind.....my wedding rings are not only spinning...but the other day (okay it was a very cold day)...I got them off and was able to CLEAN them finally in jewellery cleaner - very SPARKLY now!

I also notice a "dip" where my waist is supposed to be - yes I have a lot more weight to lost, but there seems to be something happening in the waist area and when I touch it there is this space that was not there before - but it still is pretty padded.

My shoes are also loose and I have invested in some insoles to help with this problem.

Many of my clothes that I was previously wearing are now fitting properly - meaning my blazers/jackets now button up, and are not bursting off of me......YIPPEE

Froufy
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 12:39 PM   #10  
thin within

i had to stop wearing my wedding set about a month ago. i don't want to have it resized until i get all of my weight off. i can now bend over without pain to tie my shoes. i am pretty much halfway to where i want to be. i hope my feet get smaller. my feet grew while i was pregnant and never went down. i have talked with other women who have had the same thing happen though, even after losing weight. so, i'm not holding my breath.

star--body pillows help a lot with the knees and back.
fullfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 06:49 PM   #11  

I still haven't noticed much of a change....I even went shopping today and had to buy size 14's still.....the only thing that has changed is my top size. I now can wear some mediums were before I was always in larges. "The Girls" haven't gotten any smaller though....it must be just around my back.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 11:51 AM   #12  
reaching my goals

I can now squat down to play with my friends' toddlers, just sitting back on my heels and hold the position for 10 minutes or so without getting out of breath or having a headache. I too wish my feet would shrink some. Isn't it amazing how different our "little things" are?
supersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:31 PM   #13  
Head Princess

Super - you're back!!!

My feet shrank! I went from a snug size 8 to a 7 or 7 1/2 now depending on the brand and shoe style
Old 01-12-2004, 03:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

This may be weird, but my thighs don't touch anymore when I stand facing the mirror!!! That was a big one for me for some reason!

I too have noticed a waistline reappearing!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:37 PM   #15  
Head Princess

No fair!!! I think I'm destined to always have thighs that touch.