South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 06:58 PM   #1  

Default dessert ideas please

Hi everybody,

I am new to this board and also fairly new to the south beach diet.I was wondering if anyone knows of a dessert that is south beach friendly as I am hosting a birthday dinner for my Mom on Saturday and obviously I cannot make her a cake as she is following a somewhat similar diet,I believe it is Dr. Phil's new book.They both sound to be similar to me although I much prefer the beach.My results have been very good although I seem to be stuck at a loss of 10 pounds,in about 5 weeks.I am certainly not complaining,but at the same time I would like to make things that won't take me off my diet.Any ideas for a dessert would be great,I saw one for a layered jello with numerous colors but did not print it out.Kicking myself now lol.

Thanks a bunch
Old 01-09-2004, 07:33 PM   #2  
Believe it & Achieve it

How about sf/ff chocolate pudding with a dollop of lite whip cream on top? I would put them in pretty parafait dishes to make it more festive.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:05 PM   #3  

If you are in phase 2, maybe you can make a berry pie with whole wheat crust and sweeten it with splenda. I have seen delicious looking WW crusts at Whole Foods.

Suzy
Old 01-09-2004, 08:29 PM   #4  

Thanks for the ideas,the pudding and pie are wonderul ideas.If you can relate you tend to get stuck on the same ideas for yourself and your safety foods.It's hard to think outside of that realm sometimes.

Thank you
Closed Thread