Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 01:44 PM   #1  
si, si signora

Default hello everyone!

HI everyone,

I see we have some sort of technical problems.

None the less, Happy New year to everyone and I hope that this year I will actually make it to LT and really feel fabulous.

Returned home late last night due to snow in Seattle. Happy to see my cat and dog okay and my walk shovelled. I am tired and a bit grumpy and will spend this am regrouping and figuring where to go from here.

I didn't do so well on the eating front, but I am back on track today. I think I'm going to figure out why I manage to do so well at work, at home (for the most part), and when I travel by myself, but in a pack (whoa, unleash that pizza freak).

Nuf said. I hope to hear from you ladies today. I have a bit of 3fatchicks withdrawl.

lala
Old 01-07-2004, 02:31 PM   #2  

Welcome back lala and Happy New Year.

You probably did not see the threads from last week and this, so I just want to say that you are not alone in the eating-badly department. I weighed in between Christmas and New Year's. I was amazed to see the gain was only 1 lb, but combined with the 5+ lbs before that, I have some damage to repair.

I started a bit of a Valentine's Day challenge this week. Are you game? I know Melissa is in, not sure about Domina. My goal is 7 lbs. Had a good OP day yesterday and that, combined with a run, has the scale moving in the right direction. I need to continue on this path.

Part of the reason for my good day yesterday was the start of the half-marathon clinic. There are over 70 of us - the room was jam packed! Great to see so many folks out, particularly since the weather was bad - snow and freezing rain. We still managed a good 5km run and I'm feeling really great today - optimistic and renewed resolve. I have lots of incentive to get rid of the extra weight because that's not something you want to carry with you on long runs

You didn't mention how your trip was. Hope that's because it was just too awesome for words.

Hi Melissa and Domina.

Gee, they really had a devastating crash didn't they? Hope it also wiped out the pounds I gained over that period...
Old 01-07-2004, 04:22 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Back Lala!

I, too, have had 3FC withdrawal today! We've been hit with a monster of a winter storm and traveling has been slow going. They called me off work at WW last evening and today it was still snowing & blowing so I didn't venture out to my meeting I did do a WI at home this morning and I'm down. I'm giving the Fast Track a shot this week and so far so good. It's definitely work and you don't really eat any processed foods.

Hi to Susan & Domina! I'll write more tomorrow.

Have a good night everyone!
Old 01-07-2004, 05:07 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Hiya darlings.

I'm in on the challenge. I'm giving myself until next Tuesday to get rid of this fluff myself, remembering the lala rule of every
transatlantic flight and lounge visit brings a good 2# of weight onto the body that may or not remain.

However, I am going to journal (picked up a small one with all the saint's days in it in Rome ), that fits nicely in my bag to try and do more than journal in my head and on the computer.

Melissa -- stay warm and off the roads. Even coming home last night we saw some bad accidents.

I had a nice trip, had a hard time relaxing due to lack of communication from our dog sitter (grr, everything is okay though), worrying about the plants in the 15 degree weather ect. However, Rome continues to enchant me, every time I go. I love that city with all my heart. We managed a short day trip to Florence and it was very lovely and sunny and we had a nice walk in the Boboli Gardens.

We spent three days in London/Oxford goofing around, I managed to avoid most of the big sales, but we did have nice visit to DP's aunties in Oxford and a big Christmas like lunch and visit followed by more of the same in London with mine and a visit with my friend from DC who was in London for a few days.

We spent one afternoon in Brussels on our way back. DP went chocolate shopping. I bought a box of macaroons (my faves) and will eat them slowly. In fact, I will foist all but the fruit ones off to others. However, other than eating at my favorite restaurant in Brussels, I was happy to go back to our hotel and sleep. I was soo tired from Rome.

I did take some pictures, they aren't all that interesting, but if I can figure out where to post them, I will.

lala
Old 01-08-2004, 02:22 PM   #5  

Br-r-r-r. We're in a deep freeze today. Minus 18 Celsius with high winds. Feels like -30. Either way, it's not a day to be outside. I was supposed to attend a meeting in the valley (about 2 hours away) this morning but we couldn't complete the journey; roads were too treacherous with ice and blowing snow to continue.

It's been a good week for me program-wise. I've been managing to get my water in, to journal and to stay away from the high-calorie foods. Seeing the scale respond would be good incentive to keep going, but I'm trying to stay away from it so that I won't get too obsessed. Anyway, I may weigh in Saturday with ww if it feels right .

lala: Sounds like you had a marvelous trip. One of my colleagues spent Christmas Day in Florence. She and a friend attended mass, then sat in the square and soaked up the sun. Ahhhhh - delightful!

Melissa: Did you get a lot of snow? We still don't have much here in the city, and our new snowblower remains in the garage with nary a kilometre on it. Just the way I like it.

What's up for the weekend? We have reservations at one of the newer restaurants in town for Saturday nite. I'll be doing my long, slow run Sunday morning, so it won't be a late nite but it's been a while since we were out on a "date" so I'm looking forward to it.
Old 01-08-2004, 03:26 PM   #6  

Susan: It's 25 F here today; yesterday it was only 12! We got quite a bit of snow and a lot of blowing so it made visibility poor and there were a lot of accidents. In town we got about 17" of snow and the areas in the snow belt had over 24". Our snow blower has been out.

I've been following the Fast Track program (high protein) this week (started on Sunday) and it's been interesting to say the least. You don't use processed foods. I will say I'm not hungry and have even had a hard time eating everything I'm supposed to...imagine that! Anyway, I'll see what the scale says on Sunday morning.

Hi to Lala & Domina!
Old 01-08-2004, 06:14 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Stay warm okay.

I drove into work today and the roads are clear. I am going to hit the gym tonight. I couldn't make it this am and I'm feeling a bit sluggish.

I think I may go to a meeting sooner than Tuesday if I can. I have a all week meeting that will sort of play havoc with my schedule next week, but getting on the right track would be good for me.

Urgh, the cat and dog were not cooperative with my need to sleep last night. I ended up on my study futon and left the wailing cat to DP to deal with. Tonight, I will take her to bed with me in the basement and see if that will give everyone a night's sleep.

other than that, I am really feeling sluggish and my jeans (still casual here) are soo tight. I hate that feeling.

lala
Old 01-09-2004, 10:44 AM   #8  

Hi guys.

Just a quick note. Had a really bad day yesterday in terms of eating. I don't know why really, just starting picking at stuff when I got home from work and it snowballed. Probably undid all the good from earlier in the week so I avoided the scales this morning. The good news is I have absolutely no appetite today.

It's still freezing cold here. Sounds like we're in the same boat Melissa. Best just to stay indoors until this passes. Can you tell us a bit more about the Fast Track program? I take it there is more than one program, based on your personal tastes?

lala: My jeans feel the same way. Yes, I hate it too.

Have a great weekend. We're not doing much except for dinner out on Saturday nite and I'm happy about that. I have no energy and think I might be fighting something.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:52 PM   #9  
si, si signora

alright ladies, i have an official kick in the butt, my pants are tight and i hate it, so its journal, water, no extra stuff (i just finished a mini toblerone), and off we go.

I too am curious about the fast track,hence my desire to get to a meeting earlier than Tuesday.

No plans for the weekend, work at least 8-12 hours to make up for last week and the meeting all next week. Have some folks over for chicken pot pie tomorrow and our software rep may come over on Sunday.

Oh and decluttering. We need that.

lala
Old 01-09-2004, 03:14 PM   #10  

Susan/Lala: The Fast Track is good--it takes some planning on your part but from what I can tell it's giving me good results. According to my home scale I'm down nicely. The gist of the program is this--you can choose either the high protein or high carb menu--you need to follow it closely to get the maximum results so that's where the planning comes in. I noticed right off that you're not using processed foods and it takes you back to the basics. If you have a copy of the tear off sheet that WW handed out before called Quick and Easy Guide to Higher Protein/Carbohydrate Eating it's basically that food plan without using your Flex Points and not using your Target (if you're higher than 20). One of the girls that I work with on Sundays called me today and said she's lost 7.6# using the Higher Carb plan. My week will be up on Sunday so I'm anxious to see what my results are. As I said before the only stumbling block might be the result of TOM beginning.

No plans here for the weekend--I'm working on decluttering my bedroom (dresser seems to attract papers lately) and getting rid of some old clothes that I don't wear anymore. For the most part I'm planning on staying inside because it's freezing outside. Temp has dropped to 9 F and is supposed to be even colder tonight.

Have a great weekend!
Old 01-22-2004, 09:26 PM   #11  

Hi,
I usually just a looker but listening to the weather in Erie I just had to write. I am from Jamestown Ny so I so remember those nasty storms. Its funny though I have been in North Carolina for about 5 years and I forget about how nasty it gets. Stay warm Melissa.
Kearie
Closed Thread