Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 10:01 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Talking Yay! I exercised today! Week of Jan 5

So far this week:

- 2 lunch hour walks and taking the stairs at work.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:46 PM   #2  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

So far this week -
20 minutes of Yoga on Monday
a lunch time walk on Tuesday.

That will be it for me for a little bit since it is way too cold to walk, and I burned 2 of my fingers pretty badly last night. They don't hurt but look icky! I think I am going to wait for them to heal before trying some more yoga. Or at least any of the moves that require me to be on the floor.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:33 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Squeak! Are you alright!? What did you do?

so far:

Monday: 2 hour walk
Old 01-07-2004, 03:06 PM   #4  
Cute & Fluffy

um, I just made dinner. I had made ramen noodles on the stove. They were done so I poured them in the bowl, and picked up the bowl to take it to my table. Well, there was too much water, so it spilled onto my hand.

I am as OK as I get.

They really just look bad. They don't hurt too much. Just a little blister on the bottom of one of the fingers since it right where your finger bends. I have a few really little blisters and 2 that are kinda big/puffy just below where my finger nail is. I know ewwwwwww.

I did call my doctor, and found out that I did not have to go to the emergency room. I was very happy about that.

Now it is more of an annoyance then anything else. Last night though, it was a much different story. I said a number of things that are not repeatable!
Old 01-07-2004, 06:16 PM   #5  
Rattie Lover

Tuesday:

1 hour of Tai Chi/Kickboxing/Stretching/ & cool down combo.

Thorougly put away Christmas stuff then cleaned/dusted/vacuumed/windexed/etc...the living room.

Wednesday:

Nothing yet. Bowling tonight though!
Old 01-08-2004, 02:09 AM   #6  
Rattie Lover

OK I bowled tonight. 168 135 168. We haven't bowled in 2 weeks cause of holiday break...Lemme tell ya... I figured my body would be sore but with me doing kickboxing/other exercise now that wasn't the case. I was pretty limbered up. But my poor fingertips are SORE!!! OUCH!! But I did ok! So...chalk me down for 3 hours bowling. I also walked back and forth to the front desk upteen times and walked around everywhere else so could squeeze that in too.
Old 01-08-2004, 03:12 PM   #7  

It is to freaking cold to walk to work right now -25 with the wind

I took the stairs at work today instead since I couldn't walk at lunch today. Down 14 flights 3 times and up 5 flights 3 times
Guess it is better than nothing!

Hope your hand gets better ASAP Squeaker!
Old 01-08-2004, 09:14 PM   #8  
Cute & Fluffy

Thanks Mauvais.

And the stairs are definately better then nothing.

I took down my christmas tree, boxed everything up and put it back in the basement which I am counting as exercise.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:49 PM   #9  
Rattie Lover

Thursday

1 Hour Tennis
½ Hour Swimming

Extras: Worked in Yard. Washed Patio Window. Bathed Dog. Planted more Cacti along brick wall.

SQUEAK!! Hope you feel better soon! I did that one time on the fry vat. OUCH!! Still got the scar. Also burned my eyeball once with the curling iron. That SUCKED.... :

Last edited by Noodles913; 01-10-2004 at 02:14 AM.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:15 AM   #10  
Rattie Lover

Friday

1 Hour Bike Ride
½ Hour Play With Local Kids In Street
15 Minute Walk To Neighbors
Old 01-10-2004, 11:47 AM   #11  
WW Moderator

Burns are bad! Rob was burned badly with a frydaddy when he was little, was in the hospital for 3 months. Be careful around those things!

I didn't do formal exercise the last few days, but I did 'work on shipment' at work, which means I carry 20 pound boxes out of a
-30C freezer, check out the bottles of plasma on a checklist, tape it up and take them back in the freezer. Did that for a couple of hours each day for 3 days. Now the weekend is here, so I will kickbox today!

PS, I need to do stomach exercises. I dreamed I looked in a mirror last night and had the belly of the chick over here on the
side. ----------------->

It was great.

Oh never mind, she isn't on this page! Haha. Everybody's seen her. Ellis has a voodoo doll of her.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:59 PM   #12  

You have Dr. Phil's stomach -ewwww!

Took the stairs again at work on Friday- it is just too cold to go out for walks!

It is -35C today with the wind chill So I have decided to stay in and thoroughly clean the kitchen from top to bottom - I'm going to count that as today's exercise!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 01-10-2004 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:20 PM   #13  

I did the 1 Mile Walk Away the Pounds tape, with 2 lb weights... 18 minutes

This was my first time exercising in a looooong time - this site is good for me, it's been really motivating!
Old 01-10-2004, 10:52 PM   #14  
Hot Stuff

Quote:
burned my eyeball once with the curling iron
Noodles! They have eyelash curlers for that...you shouldn't be using a curling iron!

Geez, that must have hurt!

Squeak, sorry to hear about your boo-boo. Burns just suck.

I exercised every day but Thursday this week. I'm walking to New Orleans (virtually, of course). Skated tonight again!
Old 01-10-2004, 11:19 PM   #15  
WW Moderator

Dammit, I didn't kickbox. Took Cody to Peter Pan, then had to grocery shop, and by the time dinner was done and my food went down, it was 9pm, then we had to study for the spelling bee, then it was too late. Sigh. My life is one big excuse. Tomorrow I kickbox. For sure. In the morning before the rest of the day creates obstacles!
Closed Thread