Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 10:27 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Angry Friday's Thread

It's not a creative title, but hey, it's still early.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:41 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, everyone! I said it's early, but I guess it's 9:30 here. Not too early.

Hey, look what I just found in the smilies--a sumo guy!!

Well, ladies, yesterday was a great day for me, especially considering the fact that it was the type of day that usually blows the week for me. Becky and Angie will be so proud!! Here's what went down: I had nothing planned for the day (which usually means I do fast food). I had a WW 2 Points bar at my desk, so I had that. A bunch of us went out to lunch. I thought about getting the sandwich that is all covered in cheese, but insteadI got a turkey on pumpernickel. Everyone got cheesecake for dessert. I came back to work and had some Twizzlers. I had Subway for dinner, one beer when I was out (no appetizers!!), and got really hungry around 9 and picked up a bag of Baked Lays and a diet soda for my drive home. I figured up my points and only used 6 FlexPoints. I feel like I've really accomplished something because days like yesterday are the days when I say "screw it" and get the cheese-covered sandwich, cheesecake for dessert, Burger King for dinner, and a candy bar for a snack. Yay me!!

Anyway, no big plans for the weekend for me. Tonight, I'm going home and trying out my first Firm video. Gulp. Then, I have to go to the oh-so-thrilling bowling league, and after that I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe Aaron and I will watch a movie or something. Or I might just go to bed.

Well, darlings, come out and post today, OK??? I know I didn't use anything sexual to attract attention, but hopefully we'll still get lots of posters.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:01 AM   #3  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Jess!

Hi Everyone else!

I am back! WHO HOO! My twin girls were born on Oct 6 and will be 6 weeks on Monday. I am ready to get back into the swing of things and can't wait to shed some of this weight. I started my pregnancy at 164.5 and am now 199.6 Not too concerned though because I lost it once and I can do it again. It is so good to be back.

Jess....WAY to go on doing such an AWESOME job yesterday. I know how easy it is to say screw it and get the YUMMY high point stuff. I do it WAY to often. I think though that in the end we feel SO much better about ourselves when we can look back and know we stayed on program. It is hard to do especially when we are with friends. So, KUDOS to you!

I can't help but to attach a picture of my new girls. Erin is in the green and Abby is in the red. They are 18 days old here.

http://pages.ivillage.com/ang777/sit...image0022r.jpg

http://pages.ivillage.com/ang777/sit...image0206r.jpg
Old 11-14-2003, 11:06 AM   #4  

Oh, I changed my screen name....I used to be momof2girls. I just wanted to clarify.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:21 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Mom of 4... was your name Angie?? Trying to remember. Anyhoo, I had my daughter on April 29. So I am now Mom of 2 girls! Your babies are beautiful, I love how they are holding arms in that pic! How did your PG go? I know you were worried because of medications you were on. And how lucky to have twins naturally. You must be busy beyond belief. I know I am with my 2!!!

I would love another baby, but hubby is pretty set on 2. They are a lot of work at this age.

Sooo... I have to take Emma in for her 3 year old appt. and Kate for her 6 month today... and what happens. Everyone calls in sick. So hubby has to stay at work and can't help me. UGHHHH... I just couldn't believe it. This always happens to me. I am always stuck here when everyone else calls in or is on vacation. SOOOOO... I breathe and say... I am taking a week off at christmas.

That is my stress today, plus I ate a donut!!
Old 11-14-2003, 12:06 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Jess Hey JenL Welcome Back Angie!!! your girls are gorgeous
Just popping in for a Quickie to say I LOST 2! woowooooo anyway i will bbl
Old 11-14-2003, 12:15 PM   #7  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations and welcome back Angie! Your daughters are beautiful!

Jess - way to go on keeping it under control... we can totally do this goal! (of course if I could get back on track, it would help!)

Jen - hope your day gets better and isn't too crazy at the doctor's!

Hopefully my motivation will come back sometime in the next week or two - I've completely lost it! My roommate just told me that she joined the YMCA with some of her co-workers, so just knowing that she's going to be trying to watch what she eats and work out will help me too I think. I go to a different gym that I get a discount on through work, so I won't be able to work out with her. Also - TOM right now, so my motivation is just gone! Hopefully I can make it through the weekend without totally going overboard...

Weighed in this morning - down .5. 4.5 more to go for New Year's Eve Jess & Becky!
Old 11-14-2003, 12:52 PM   #8  

Angie...Congrats on your loss! (Great name BTW)

KO...Thanks for the welcome and way to go on the 2 pounds!!

Jen...Congratulations on your new baby and being a mom of 2. Aren't girls great? I am so happy to have all girls. My pregnancy was rough. Twins are most definatly different then singletons. I was VERY uncomfortable and had some preterm labor which landed me on bedrest for awhile...not fun. They girls are so healthy though and I am so thankful. We were so worried about the meds I was on and as it turns out (at least so far) everything looks wonderful...they couldn't be healthier. We feel truly blessed. Oh, and we thought we were done at two....so ya just never know!! I know how stressful it is to go out on your own....how did it go? Hope the girls appt went well.

Angie (mmmm....these boca burgers are YUM!)
Old 11-14-2003, 12:55 PM   #9  
KS pride-Seminole country

Does anyone know the point value of the WW eggplant parmigiana. I had a noble attempt to recreate it last night and I have no idea.

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2003, 04:24 PM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Well, I made it through the appointments... barely. They both fell asleep on the way, and waking a 3 year old up can be hard. She didn't want to get out of the car, and I was running late. Got them in the building, coats off and stuff... then called in by the nurse. Struggle, struggle... weigh both, see the doctor, then Kate gets her shots. Back out the door with the 2 of them. UGHHHH. Funny thing tho, Emma is small, she is 25% in height and 50% in weight..... While Kate is 90-95% in everything. WOWZERS, she is a big baby. Not a chubby baby, just long and big. Hope Emma isn't a munchkin compared to her sister!!!

My computer has been down since I left so I hopped on someone elses since everyone is gone today. Mine got a virus and was acting all weird, so they checked it out while I was gone and are doing some major maintenance on it!

No Clue on the Eggplant Parmigiana, I don't think I have that recipe. Plus hubby hates most veggies, so I only get those kind of things when I go out (or my mom makes them).
Closed Thread