South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 05:24 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Friday Chat

Wow, it's windy out there! I LOVE it! It feels as though the house is going to blow over, though. Particularly on the third floor, where we sleep. I could feel the house shaking this morning.
There is a cat on my fire escape looking RIGHT IN THE KITCHEN WINDOW! Crafty things.

Marcie, I'm glad you got out with your Mom yesterday.

Ruth, we're all coming to see you in the Vagina Monologues. What a HOOT!!

Whimsey, heal quickly, sweetie.

I thought I was having a heart attack last night. I had pain across my chest and left arm. Then I remembered that I'd slipped on the basement stairs yesterday, and had caught myself from falling by hanging from the railing with my left arm.

I'm going to check out the wind on the verandah. If I don't come back, you'll know I've blown away.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Old 11-14-2003, 06:07 AM   #2  
Mous

Good Morning you beautiful Fat Chicks!

I am so glad that you did not have a heart attack. That is one ugly, nasty pain that you don't want to experience.

We actually had rain yesterday. Not alot, but it ws nice to see, hear and we really need the moisture.

Going to eat fish today. I, we, actually like fish.

Bought some new PJ's, but they were too big and too scratchy. Will have to take them back!
Actually I like wearing size shhhhh 3X or 2X at the least, BUT....now even an Xtra large is too big. I wish you could seee me in the X's!! It is a hoot.

Have a super day. Stay warm and be happy.

ME
Old 11-14-2003, 08:22 AM   #3  
Imagine...

Morning Girls

It is VERY windy here also, winds up to 65mph When I got home last night we had approx. 20 trash cans in our front yard

I took the day off from work as a me day. November is national caregivers month, so do something nice for yourself. My DH, My Sister & I are going to a concert tonight to see Aerosmith/KISS. It has been years since we have been to a show, I am really excited. Donnie my dh said as least we won't be the oldest ones there, the band is older than us

Marcie I know what you mean about sizes...I am so trained to buy the same sizes as I always have, now I actually have to try stuff on

Ellis sweetie so glad you slipped. Oh that didn't come out right...You know what I meant.

I'm off for a soak in the bath...

to Ruth, Den, Deets, Rowan, 2dog, lizzie, little chick, Whimsey, Sil and all you other BEAUTIFUL Chickies.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:28 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Darn cold in our back room this morning so I have been scurrying around getting the woodstove going. Some days it has a mind of its own!

Ellis, do you suppose that was a peeping tom? It was terribly windy here early this morning! I could hear a clanging noise and discovered, when it got light, that my neighbour's eavestroughing had blown loose and was banging against their metal porch roof! Thank the Lord you didn't have a heart attack! I'd be really annoyed if you died before me!

Marcie, happy day and congrats on the new jammies. We want pictures!

So...now Harry is up and I need to get breakfast. I've already done a half hour under my SADlite and 15 minutes of Body Flex. Next on the ME list is a walk down for the paper - freezing cold morning or not! It's gloriously sunny out there which makes the cold more bearable.

I need to make four pies for a Ploughing Association Dinner tomorrow night so will have to get some groceries. I refuse to use my own frozen fruit!

Have a super day! It's friday so TGIF!
Old 11-14-2003, 09:15 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

Good Morning Lovlies
I was MIA yesterday, was very busy and getting acclimated to the changes in my life....I just decided that I needed to pace myself with the upcoming events....I didn't want to be too sad all at once

My therapy with my biz part/friend guy pal was okay, it really helped me to realize that he needs things right now that I can't give him now, and while it hurts that I didn't get chosen, it made me love him more and let him go with love and blessings....and someone said to me Onward and Upward.....

I am hoping the website will be up next week, my new business is a company that is going to provide high-end unique travel trips for people to take with their dogs and luxury travel for people and their pets! It might sound wacky, but 33 million people traveled last year with their pets (including me) and it takes a lot of energy to make it a plesant experience.

I have one of the largest group and incentive travel agencies in the county backing my first outing, next summer. I am very excited to share it all with you....I just may use all of you lovlies (especially Ruth) when we plans abroad....I want to come to Canada, perhaps for 2005!

I had potato taquitoes yesterday for lunch, followed up for dinner with a grilled stuffed burriot from Taco ****....feel like crap physically, but I am feel like I am on the verge of things changing!!!

Marci....I remember the first time I lost weight when I was 30, I went from a size 20 to a size 10 andit felt like I was Eliza Doolite I am so happy for you!!!

Have a good day on the beach gals...as far as food today, I am going to take it one step at a time...

rb

Last edited by Rowan Bailey; 11-14-2003 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:22 AM   #6  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning Beach Beauties.

Marcie~~I want PJ pics posted soon. Oh wait, you already did that for halloween

Ruth~~Any false alarms with H's Lifeline last night? Good luck on the audition, I hope you got the part of "The Flood"

RB~~~Sweetie, I'm so sorry that things have not worked out the way you wanted with your friend You are beautiful, intelligent and creative, and i have no doubt that your new venture will be a big hit.

Ellis~~~I'm so happy that you are OK, but it must have been scarey waking up with that pain. Be careful on those stairs, girl.

Sflake~~Have a fantastic time at the concert

Whimsey~~How goes those pretty eyes?

I had a great day yesterday. By back feels better as long as I don't sit for very long. I got my aquarium moved into my office and I just love it there. The sound of the water and watching the fish is so relaxing.
Last night went out for dinner with DH. I haven't had a dessert in ages so we split a hot brownie/ice cream thingy. YUMM!

Then we went the pet store (needed a few fish supplies) and to Pier 1 Imports. They had some water gobblets on sale that I wanted. And I saw the most beautiful 1 1/2 ft tall ceramic vase: in colors and patterns similar to a peacocks feathers. It was more money than I would have spent on it but DH was in a good mood (maybe it was the margaritas w/ dinner) and he bought it for me. What a sweetheart he is.
Today is a day of relaxing and preparing my SB food for the weekend at work.

It's sunny and crisp here today and the winds from yesterday have died down. Glorious day~~~I hope you all enjoy yours.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:58 AM   #7  

Ellis, I love the wind too. Its pretty calm hear but it looks like we might be getting some heavy rain. I'm glad you are ok. Falls can be nasty but Heart Attacks can be worse.
Sflake, I love Aerosmith.. I am so sure you will have a great time.
Sil, let me just say.. Yummmmmmmmmm Brownie/Ice cream thing...
RB, I'm sure your new business venture will be a complete success. I sure know I would have loved to have connections to pet friendly hotels and vacation destinations.

Good morning beach goers. yesterday was such a hectic day. I was super busy at work getting things all cleaned up because I plan to take personal day off on Monday. Then I go home and My bf calls asking me to help him with some errands because he is off with his friends camping this weekend. So it looks like it will be a blockbuster weekend for me which I do not mind at all. Some me time. I have it all planned out too. Friday night I will concentrate on doing chores. Hopefully on Saturday I will get up and head to the gym, then get me a pedicure, then just relax. Then on Sunday I think I'll make it out to the garden and dig up some weeds. When it rains they grow so I'm going to try to pull them out before it get to wild.

Katiiz95
Old 11-14-2003, 12:30 PM   #8  

Really, Katiiz!? You love the wind, too! Everyone I know complains bitterly when it's windy, but I feel as though I can BREATH when the wind blows. And it seems to blow my troubles
away.
Enjoy your "me time" this weekend, you lucky girl.

Sil, you're sounding better... I'm so glad. We have an aquarium in the attic where we sleep, and the sounds are delightful.

Rowan, re: your relationship... you're a very mature lady.

Gee, Ruth, that light box is good for you, huh? You EXERCISED!?!?

Sflake, have a wonderful time at the concert tonight! What a hoot!

Marcie, if you didn't WEAR pyjamas, you wouldn't have to worry about them being the wrong size. Or being scratchy.

I'm wondering if I should have just let myself fall down the stairs instead of grabbing onto the balustrade. Ooooh, do I ever HURT. I feel REALLY old.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:40 PM   #9  

Ohh yeah I love it. I used to live in an apartment on the top floor that had a big deck, and when it would get really windy I would sit out there and found it so relaxing Now I do it from my back yard but I still love the smell it gives the air and my hair whipping around my head..LOL.. Weird HUH???
Katiiz
Old 11-14-2003, 01:18 PM   #10  

late checking in today....have had a busy morning....chicken breast for lunch today...YUM....these stitches are itchy and driving me nuts....they come out monday!! I will probably go stark raving mad by then....no one will notice!! laters
Old 11-14-2003, 03:11 PM   #11  
Imagine...

Is it me or has the print gotten smaller?????
Old 11-14-2003, 03:34 PM   #12  

You're losin' it, baby.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:35 PM   #13  
Imagine...

Are you serious??? I even restarted the computer, I swear the print is smaller
Old 11-14-2003, 03:48 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Looks the same to me.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:02 PM   #15