South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 04:36 AM   #1  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Thumbs down Week 2/Phase 1

Good morning everyone! I have very much enjoyed reading all the posts from day to day. We are on day 4, week 2 of phase 1. Sounds like the intro to star trek We are losing here, I have lost 10 pounds, he has lost 5. I think the biggest challenge we have encountered has been the need to cook most meals and not go out to eat several times/week. We did go to Applebee's the other night. The house salad with croutons removed, and the blue cheese sirloin, no potato, no bread, just the steamed veggys....very delicious! I am still getting very sleepy in the early evenings, I am usually heading to bed, or falling asleep on the sofa around 8pm, sometimes I make it until 9pm I don't know if it is the diet, but it seems that this evening sleepiness began when the diet did. I work night shift, 12 hours at least 2 days a week, I have found that to be another challenge. It is difficult in that my schedule gets all twisted and I don't know when to eat, but at least I know WHAT to eat. (and what NOT to eat!) It has been getting cold here too, yesterday the wind was up and gusting....brrrrrr! My pups are still coatless, but I have managed to get most of their measurements. Hard to measure a moving greyhound!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday. Thanks for the support and information here. It is a wonderful help. Karla
Old 11-13-2003, 05:52 AM   #2  

Greyhound puppies - how wonderful!

When we picked up Stewart the Scot at the doggie hotel he pulled the lady down the hall to get to us. He smelled delightfully awful, like a barnyard. He hated having to take a bath.

Its nice being back home surrounded by my creatures.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:56 AM   #3  
Mous

WOO HOO good for you. Keep up the good attitude and continue to think health.

ME
Old 11-14-2003, 07:40 PM   #4  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Default greyhound puppies

I use the term puppy loosely. I consider almost all, if not ALL dogs "pups". Our pups are 5 and 6 years old. But they are my babies...just like I keep telling my 19 year old daughter, she is ALWAYS my baby. Greyhound puppies are actually very hard to come by, they are usually at least 2 years old when they are put up for adoption. Every now and then and injured or deformed puppy might be available. We didn't miss the puppy or is that POOPY stage at all. It is so nice to have pups that are housebroken and know their house manners. Our pups were both in a prison system...the local adoption kennel has a program set up with 4 prisons. The inmates become the dog handlers. They have to attend classes, and take care of the dogs 24/7. It is an incentive program, as only the well behaved prisoners can become dog handlers. It is a win-win situation. The adoption kennel can save more dogs, because they don't have to house them, and the prisoners behave so they can have the privilege of having a dog. Ok, I've rambled on enough, but I do soooo love my pups. I know homer simpson doesn't really fit here, but I just wanted to see him!!
Old 11-14-2003, 09:10 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

Ruby Tuesday's also has a new low carb menu. It takes up about half of the regular menu now!

Congratulations on a great Phase 1!
Closed Thread