Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 04:40 PM   #1  
MrsSandysHouse.com

S/C/G: 212.5/212.5/130ish

Height: 5'7

Default Cardio vs. Weight Training

Hey Everybody!!

((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

Boy have I missed you guys. Busy, busy, busy is my moto latey!

I have a question... Since walking for cardio isn't possible due to time restraints, can weight training technicaly do the same in terms of cardio?

I love to walk but have NO TIME except in the mornings and that's when my dh does his walk. We have small children so one of us had to be here.

Man do I hate working out!! I throw my back out and have to make a trip to the Chiropractor! I need to start off with simple stuff until I get the hang of things. I have a Crossbow.

Thanks for any input!
Old 11-12-2003, 09:59 PM   #2  

Well, I think you can certainly be successful without cardio, and if I had to choose between weights and cardio, I'd definetely choose weights, because I think it's more crucial to the transformation process, (though the combination of cardio *and* weight training would be ideal). Weight training will not only shape your body, but will elevate your metabolism for a considerable amount of time afterwards, (and let's not forget that the extra muscle you build will also have a positive impact on your metabolism). But, have you thought about workout tapes for cardio? or jumping rope? Just a thought

And HEY, quit being such a stranger
Old 11-13-2003, 08:49 AM   #3  
MrsSandysHouse.com

S/C/G: 212.5/212.5/130ish

Height: 5'7

Hey Girl!!

I miss you guys I keep getting so far off course. I can't concentrate on just one thing lately. I feel like my life is out of control. Have you ever experienced feeling trapped in a situation and then that consumes your entire life at the moment?

I know what I want my body, my health, and my life to be but all of these things keep me from doing it. I have NO time for me. I never thought in a million years that I would look and feel the way I do now. My kids and my husband are with me 24/7! My husband works at home with me (yuk) and having the dc kids here (all 6 of them) just make for a stressful day.

You know what kills me? Women who are SAHM to one child and then complains about how hard her life is!!!

Anyhow...didn't mean to talk your ear off....
Old 11-13-2003, 10:15 AM   #4  

But remember, your health is something you CAN control when it seems like everything else is out of your hands. Come on chickie, you can do this! Why don't you start posting on the main threads again, to keep yourself motivated? Workouts can be affectd by lack of time, but it's just as easy to eat healthy foods than it is to eat unhealthy foods. If your eating is the only thing you feel you can adequately tackle at the moment, then so be it - that alone will make a big difference. If you only have time for 10 minutes of intense cardio rather than 20, then do 10 minutes. Don't fall into the "all or nothing" mindset. We've been talking alot on the main thread lately about "Plan B" - when you can't follow your original plan as intended, find a "Plan B" that at least gives you a healthier alternative to ditching your plan completely
Old 11-13-2003, 02:14 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Colleen -- Sooooo very well said....

Sandy -- Come join us and we'll do our best to walk you through it... We're here for you!!
Closed Thread