Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 08:03 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - November 10. 2003

Good morning. How was your weekend?

We were busy. Got a little more than half of the "office" painted. DH assembled the computer desk and, finally, last night, I actually got to put together the new computer (we've had it for a few weeks). Tonight I will put the finished half of the room back together and prep for painting the rest. I've decided I'm not that fond of painting, but the room looks a lot better, so it's a necessary evil I guess.

Went out for brunch yesterday. I ate reasonably well, right up until the piece of chocolate cheesecake for dessert. Oh well, at least it wasn't huge. I seem to be down a pound or so - must be the running I was able to get in last week. So, 6lbs left.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 11-10-2003, 09:03 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

I had a busy weekend--finally got my kitchen floor sealed/waxed; what a job that was! The bottle recommended 3-5 coats for low traffic areas and an extra 1-2 if it was a high traffic area (which it is since it's in the kitchen). Anyway, you put the stuff down and wait 1/2 hour in between each coat. Prior to putting the wax down I had to wash the floor and then re-rinse it. I must say it looks beautiful

DH and I also raked leaves--ended up with 7 bags and I'm sure we'll have more to rake by the end of the week. Funny part is we only have 2 trees in our yard so most of the leaves are from the neighborhood.

So I managed to get some AP's in over the weekend and ate some of them on Saturday night and a few last evening. I've also been getting out and walking and am hoping to see a loss at the scale on Wednesday. I may take a peek at my home scale tomorrow morning so see where I'm at but I'm not sure.

Susan: I enjoy painting--it's one of the few household jobs I like and there's a sense of satisfaction when I'm done because you can "see" what you've done. Sounds like you're making good headway!

Not much else going on here--weather is cooperating again today with sunny skies, although it's pretty cold out (31). I'm planning on getting out for a walk at noon.

Last edited by MelissaL; 11-10-2003 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:08 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Melissa --

those are my leaves. I have two huge london plane trees in front of my house that are the scourge of the neighborhood. I filled our four yard waste containers on Saturday and am going to hit the bags tomorrow.I hate the way things look.

As for painting -- good on ya Susan. We want to see pictures.

Nothing much going on here, I am behind on my homework, but going to meet the prof tomorrow to understand how things work. I think he realizes that half the class is struggling while the other half (programmers, get it). I think he is afraid that he is going to lose the non-programming bunch soon.

Tomorrow is a holiday here! I am going to weigh in, plant 200 bulbs and work on my homework. I have about 100 chores, but i'll be happy to get those bulbs planted.

lala
Old 11-10-2003, 10:31 PM   #4  

Lala: Enjoy your holiday! I will be working tomorrow. No classes for the students as it is "Advising Day" for them so the campus will be on the quiet side.

The weather was perfect for walking at noon--temps got up to 46 so it was brisk but not bitter and the sun was shining. Got a nice 40+ minute walk in and I feel good this evening. I made some enchiladas up for tomorrow night's dinner and made enough to freeze for future lunches. It's such a simple recipe and easy to make. I'm hoping the scale reflects the work I've done this past week!

Hope everyone is doing well! Christmas is a mere 6 weeks away and it's my goal to be in my comfort zone before that. I'm heading to Chicago the weekend of the 12th for some shopping and a meeting and it will be here before I know it! Onward!
Old 11-11-2003, 06:34 PM   #5  
si, si signora

Hiya Melissa -

Finished raking/mowing my leaves, so don't expect any from me today.

Oy, what a day. Got up a 0 dark early and went to the gym and then to my WW meeting (up. 2 ,but thats okay as ms.TOM is here ). Schlepped to Target and bought a bunch of stuff that we really do need save a down throw for the dog. He needs to stay warm, so its an early christmas present for him.

Went home, took young dog for a putter at the park, went shopping for food that we probably didn't need and then mowed/raked the lawns and worked on my homework.

I'm whooped.

I also just met with my computer programming course instructor to try and understand how the heck to the homework. Looks like I"ll be working extra hard on this today.

Everyone and their grandmother is out today shopping, what is with holidays? Shouldn't we be doing something more well, patriotic? Me, included.

Anyhoo, I have grand plans to get my christmas shopping done by tonight, so its all by internet. How very 21st. century.

Melissa -- Glad you got in a walk and I've been eating enchiladas that I took out of the freezer on Sunday. They are soo yummy and have some fine heat.

As for Christmas. Yikes.... I'm trying to lose 5# before the holidays, so I'm trying to cut out bread. I'll see if that helps.

Chicago -- cool. I'll be in London the week before, so if you need me to scope out your hotel, I"ll be staying in that general neck of the woods.

lala
Old 11-12-2003, 07:33 AM   #6  

Happy Hump Day.

Had the day off in honour of Remembrance Day yesterday. Largest crowd I've ever seen at the cenotaph. We walked down as it was a beautiful day. It was nice to see so many children there to pay respects.

The rest of the day was spent working on the room downstairs. Things are coming together nicely but I still haven't finished the painting. A little breather won't hurt. I intend to have things wrapped up by the end of the weekend.

Went for a good run yesterday morning. It was crisp and clear and I the best one in a long, long time. It has inspired me to get out more often - back to my regular schedule.

I'm off to a meeting this morning, then out of town on a day trip tomorrow (business), and have the day off on Friday. If I don't get to check in again, have a great weekend.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:19 AM   #7  

Good morning Susan & Lala! It's a cloudy morning here in PA and the forecasters say snow is on the way overnight! It's supposed to be 62 today and then go downhill from there. Kind of figures! I'm glad both of you had productive day off--I was here at work

Things are getting a little stressful--what started out to be a small Thanksgiving is turning out to being a large one--my brothers, aunts, and others are coming over (total 13 people) to our house. I'm sure it will all come together in the end. I also got a call from GF in FL and she's trying to come in the following weekend. It's going to be crazy to say the least but I'm hoping the weather will cooperate so we can get out and do some things. Last evening I fought the urge to eat and instead had my hot cocoa and then went up to take a bath & relax. I don't do that enough--usually it's a quick shower and I'm done so it was nice to sit back and just listen to some music.

I'm hoping to post some sort of a loss at today's meeting. My home scale is showing I'm down so I'm hoping it holds until noon.

Lala: Sure, if you'd want to check out the hotel and report back I'd love it. Any tips/info would be appreciated.

Susan: Good for you for getting a run in yesterday. I feel motivated with my walking as well.

Enjoy the day!
Old 11-12-2003, 02:35 PM   #8  

I'm on cloud 9! I went for my WI not expecting a big loss but at least some and lost a whopping 3.6#!!! Can I say my feet didn't touch the ground?! Now to keep hold of this and to focus on my Christmas goal. Journaling, walking, and portion control are definitely key for me.

Susan: Hope you posted a loss this morning at the scale!
Old 11-12-2003, 03:05 PM   #9  
si, si signora

whooo hooo! Melissa!

yeah!

lala
Old 11-14-2003, 11:36 AM   #10  

TGIF! It's been busy here. Yesterday we had hurricane force winds here and lots of damage--trees down, power outages (and some won't get power until Saturday!), and snow in some areas. We were fortunate in terms of the snow here by the lakeshore but a little further south had blizzard type conditions with the high winds. They clocked some gusts 60-63 mph. It was so bad that a street cleaner was tipped over! Anyway, we were lucky at home and didn't have any damage. It's a little calmer today although the wind is brisk and the temp is holding at 40.

I'm getting my hair trimmed at noon and am looking forward to it. It's hard going 5 weeks in between trims. Anyhoo, not much going on this weekend--probably more raking, household type stuff that needs to be done. I'm going to try and get a walk in after my HC. Tonight after work I'm going out to dinner with 2 of my co-workers (WW)--I'm looking forward to it especially since the restaurant we're heading to had point-friendly meals.

So does anyone have any plans for the weekend? How're things going with your December goal?
Old 11-14-2003, 04:03 PM   #11  
si, si signora

Hi Melissa --
Things looked pretty ugly on the east coast. Glad to hear you are okay.

I hope Susan is too!

Nothing doing here. I am swamped, unmotivated and behind. Its making for some pretty poor food choices. Sad, isn't it. On the good side, I did make it to the gym everyday this week.

Anyhoo, tomorrow I'm teaching part of a workshop on coastal and marine mapping and data integration. The rest of the day will be spent on my homework and running a few errands.

SUnday will be another homework day and maybe a bit of bulb planting. I am behind on that!

lala
Closed Thread