Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2001, 02:37 PM   #1  
Find a Way

Thumbs down

Thought another thread was due since we'd hit that magical 2-page number. Max, I've copied your last post here since some might miss it.

We're a group of friends that have found each other again on our quest to reach WW goal! We started out with 100+ to lose and are at varying stages in that quest. Feel free to join, the more the merryier!!
Old 03-23-2001, 02:37 PM   #2  
Find a Way

Originally from Max - on page 2 of last thread.

Lost 9.5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

Was able to donate blood this morning even though my BP was still high at 130/96. I thought that the max for the bottom number was 90, but I guess they let me slide this time. I will go to medical in two weeks and see what 2 more weeks of staying OP will do to the BP. After donating I weighed in and was happy to lose 9.5 lbs for the week. I'm no fool, I know that a pint of blood weighs about a pound, so I cheated a little this time.

Cynthia - Great pix of nature and the seats at the all-star game must have been great. I like the little glimpse that you got of Theo Fleury. That's exactly what he'll probably in Ranger history, a little glimpse. These high scorers that they keep getting never work out, except for Mess and he just wasn't a high scorer, he was a complete hockey player. Haven't watched too much of them this year, but I did get to see Mario when the Penguins were in town earlier this month. Good luck staying OP this weekend, I know I will have a challenge ahead of me as my mother is visiting. But maybe because of my high BP she won't be as bad as usal with pushing food. Looking forward to tonight though as she is making homemade pizza. Saving alot of points for it and thankfully its Friday so she won't be making any with pepporoni, so I'll just have the veggie and cheese pizzas. Did you catch the 10:00 pm show on ABC last night, don't know which news magazine show it was, but they had some interesting finds on foods in food courts. Two things that I remember were that one Mrs. Fields's cookie has as much saturated fat as a steak and one of those large sandwiches at Schlotzky's (sp?) was the equivalent of I think 3 Quarter pounders with some added salt. What I got a kick out of was, they told us what some of the bad choices were, but then at the end they said if you want to see some of the good choices visit our website, WHY CAN'T THEY JUST TELL US, like WE don't know.

Anyway let me go, and I hope we get some more visitors here.

Old 03-23-2001, 02:45 PM   #3  
Find a Way

Max - WOOHOO on the loss and the ability to give blood. It must haver spurted out pretty fast (sorry for the graphic image I have now produced for everyone). You aren't the first one to give blood before a weigh-in, I know I've done that a time or two . But it's for a good cause so who cares!!! Just show your mom your BP from the last time, hopefully she'll be low key for you.

There can't be anyone sadder than a Rangers fan - all that money and nothing to show for it. I hope it turns around for your team soon!! Being an Avs fan is stressful because everyone has picked the team to win the Cup - which is of course the kiss of death.

I remember seeing in the points book somewhere that the large deluxe Schlotsky's has 65 points!! . So if you are OP you could NEVER have a whole one of those. And I found out my favorite, the regular original cheese, is 20 points. So I guess only half of one of those in the future. That will make DH happy since that means he'll get 1.5 of those .

Well, the sunny day has gone south and I guess rain is coming. Good thing I did my walk this morning, but so much for the driving range. Have a great OP weekend everyone.
Old 03-23-2001, 06:50 PM   #4  
WW Ultra Diva Wench

Cynthia - yes there is something sadder than a Ranger fan - that is a Coyote fan! They've giving away their playoff spot!

Max - great loss! Doesn't it feel great to stay OP?!

I've been super busy and haven't had time to even lurk here.

I maintained at the scale which is great since Flo arrived.

I haven't exercised in a couple of weeks though - bad bad Mare!

Okay, it is time for me to go home now.

Have a great OP day and weekend all!
Old 03-24-2001, 01:02 PM   #5  

Good afternoon!

Max -- I'm sooo impressed! Well, done!

Ranger & Coyote Fans -- What sport are you talking about? I don't recognize the team names.

Jen & I had our first weigh-in this week. She lost 0.8 of a pound (not bad considering she only followed it for five of the seven days). I lost 2.2 pounds (followed all 7 days).

I'm working OT today so I can't stay and chat. Talk to you all later.

Old 03-24-2001, 04:45 PM   #6  
Find a Way

jd - we are talking about the only sport that matters right now - NHL hockey . Congrats on your WIs, it's great to make progress and feel like the work is worth the effort.

Mare - mom lives in Phoenix and so I've been getting lots of info on the Coyotes via e-mail. However, I still say the Rangers fan is sadder since they have spent BUKO bucks to bring in the talent, but for some reason the talent isn't living up to it's potential. I believe a couple of years ago Leetch had a -30 +/- and he's supposed to be one of the premier defensemen . Oops - sounds like it's time to get outside and walk, if you can ever find the time. Maybe with the OT you can purchase a treadmill - I know how hot those Arizona summers can get, but I don't think Tuscon is too bad, is it?

I've had a very good week - gotten in all my exercise even though it was cold out there today, and have stayed within points. Monday is coming soon!!
Old 03-24-2001, 06:16 PM   #7  

Hi!

I'm home (for now). Gotta go back in the AM. Oh, well. The OT will pay for the hair salon next week.

Sherri -- I just went back to the previous thread and read your message to me. Sorry for the delay. I been so busy at work that I haven't been able to log on for a week! Jen is following program (kinda sorta -- with a lot of nudging from me). She has a sweet/junk tooth bigger than mine (and I didn't think that was possible). She doesn't want to eat lighter version of foods so she can save points. She wants to continue eating the way she has been. Unforturnately, that way of eating caused her to gain 15 pounds since Christmas. She has been a bit more active this week than is her norm. I agree with your statement about the 120 pounds. Too thin. She is just a hair over 5'4" and med/large boned. I honestly think 120 will make her look "twiggy"ish and would be next to impossible for her to maintain. We are going to let her stop where she feels comfortable. Especially since she is still growing (she's only 12-1/2).

Gotta go. Kids are whining for dinner.

Old 03-24-2001, 06:20 PM   #8  
Getting back on track!

I have to work on my review all weekend. I hope to read and catch up but it may be a few days...I lost 4.2 today so that is 10.2 in 2 weeks..I'll take it!!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Setina
Old 03-25-2001, 08:33 PM   #9  

Well, it's day 9 of being OP. So far so good. The program is working out OK but I need to work on the physical activities portion of it. Hopefully, Mother Nature will smile on us this week and we can get out for some walking around the neighborhood.

I thought they were going to form a lynch party for me at our meeting yesterday. First, I made the mistake of complaining about having too many points and having difficulty getting in my minimum points each day. (The instructor and I figured I was eating too many low point, filling foods. I'm switching back to some regular versions of items this week (like bread, margarine, salad dressing, etc.) to see it that helps). Then, when the Instructor was explaining that you can consume half of your water requirement in other forms of liquids (like milk, coffee, tea, soda -- counting the points, of course) as long as it doesn't contain caffeine, I pointed out that it can't contain alcohol either. I got a few groans and dirty looks from some of the members at that remark also (all in joking).

Oh, well. I'm not going to the meeting to make new friends. I'm going to find a new, slimmer, healthier me.

Jen thought it was hilarious (12-year-old sense of humor). She even offered to "watch my back" on the way out.

Well, gotta go. It's a work day tomorrow and I've gotta get my beauty sleep.

Old 03-26-2001, 04:41 PM   #10  
Find a Way

Setina - you go girl. You are doing FANTASTIC. Wish there were a little dancing smiley I could add - so you can see I'm doing my happy dance. Eww, I have an idea.....

Joanne - I guess some folks don't realize difference are good. I thought that's why we went to meetings, to learn from others. If everyone was the same how would you learn other ways that might help you do better? For instance, I would have been over by your side wanting to check out your journal to figure out how I might be more satisfied on fewer points, not condemn you for it. I guess for a lot of people if they are miserable and struggling then everyone else should be too. Way to go on your success.

I am very glad that I went to WI last week even though I knew I'd have that gain. In the past I would have skipped it telling myself I would lose it before the next one, and then proceed to tell myself that I had a few days grace period so why not "relax" a little . Well, I'm sure you all know where that would lead - to never going back. It's why I've restarted so many times. Well, this time I told myself NO MORE and I went and took my lumps. It got be back OP and this week I had a 7.8 lb. loss!! I got my 5-lb ribbon and am now 4/10ths away from my 10 lb. star and being able to add a charm to my bracelet. So, in honor of our successes....
Old 03-26-2001, 07:02 PM   #11  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Cynthia & Setina & Joanne & Max - Congrats on your great losses!!!! Go Girls!!

Mare - you get double claps for the maintain, esp. during TOM!!

Cynthia - I have to truly admit that going every week is the only way I have kept at it. Pure resolve not to quit!!! When I do skip for various reasons, I almost never lose the next week. I hate to miss a weigh-in.

Joanne - I can't remember if I mentioned in the other post that my daughter will be 14 in the summer. She is almost as tall as I am (5'6"). I really would like her to just lose 20lbs. I think that would be good for her to maintain into adulthood. I don't pressure her though. She has to learn on her own. It took me until the age of 32 to learn this!!

Setina - How's the review going? Good luck.

Well, off to watch the UConn girls win (hopefully). We just love basketball, but racing and football are definately the favorites!!

Sheri
Old 03-28-2001, 05:48 PM   #12  
WW Ultra Diva Wench

Quick "hi" to all. W/I on Sat. down 2 lbs - and in new decade too (now at 188).
Gotta go really really really busy. Still here, still OP, still haven't exercised!
Congrats to you losers!
Old 03-28-2001, 08:33 PM   #13  
Find a Way

All right Mare, way to go on the WI. And a new decade. I look at your weight now and think, if only I hadn't fallen off the wagon..... So now I'll just use you as an inspiration whenever that demon binge monster comes knocking at the door .

We are at last getting our sunshine back. In a couple of weeks I'll test out some of the close by hiking trails. Most of our mountains got snow so it will be a while before DH and I can go on some weekend hiking trips, but the time will come soon enough. In the meantime I'm doing what I can to get the old bod ready for the workout.
Old 03-29-2001, 06:11 PM   #14  

Congratulations, Mare! Well done on the 2 pound loss.

I'm on day 12 of OP. I think that's a record for me. Been getting in about 20 minutes every other day of activity. Not bad -- need to work on it.

Can't stay and chat. Gotta cook dinner.

Old 03-29-2001, 07:48 PM   #15  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Hi all,

Was down 1.4 last night at weigh-in. Slowly, but surely -- that's the way I lose!! Would love a couple of 2+lb losses!! (Wouldn't we all!!) Only 4.4 more lbs to get back into virgin fat.!! I am going to try really hard to get to 100lbs gone by my third WW anniversary (6/8). That's 14.4 lbs in 10 weeks?!?! Gotta kick up the exercise!!

Hope you all are doing well. I am very crabby tonight. Must be the onset of PMS, plus I am desparately needing some "me" time. Off to get a cup of cocoa, watch Survivor and hit the sack.

Sheri
280/194.4/160 low=190
Closed Thread