Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 01:05 AM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Body By Jake?

Anybody out there tried the Body by Jake products? Specifically the total body trainer. My husband and I were looking into it, but it seems too cheap to be true.

Any feedback? I'd apreciate it.

~L
Old 11-10-2003, 07:53 AM   #2  

Hi lizziness!

I bought the TBT as an at-home tool for when I couldn't get to the gym. If you are a beginner at weight resistence training, I think it's a good tool. However, the highest resistance band is only 20 or 25#. After using it for about a month, I had to put all the bands on for resistence as I outgrew it. Also, you can get replacement bands, but they offer nothing higher than the bands that come with it. For the price, it is well constructed, and IMO easy to use.

I have moved up to actual weight lifting, but still use my Jake for back exercise, holding a barbell loaded with 30# minimum on my chest. I also use it for warm-ups for my legs before doing squats. I don't think the ab exercise is all that beneficial. Good old crunches on the floor will let you feel it before the Jake will. If you and your husband would be using it, I would say just invest in weights where you can easily increase your poundage of resistance. And get a good book on weight-lifting, physiology and nutrition.

Hope that helps.

dip
Old 11-11-2003, 01:05 AM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

thanks for the input. i was wondering it didn't really seem worth it. Also it is hard to tell from pictures...

My hubby is 6 foot 4 and I can't imagine him fitting all that well into the machine itself. i am so short that i'm sure i'd be ok. but i think weights is probably best. what we really need is something for good old arobics...

Thanks!

~L
Old 11-11-2003, 06:28 AM   #4  

>>"My hubby is 6 foot 4 and I can't imagine him fitting all that well into the machine itself."<<

Me neither, especially if he has alot of legs!
Closed Thread